It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Then they flea to normal places and work to
Institute all the broken policies they hated and left behind.

You voted for them. You got what you wanted. Stay and enjoy.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: xuenchen

I tend to agree that completely disbanding the Police force is akin to removing all the warning labels and letting nature take its course.

Then again what should happen if the city does not deteriorate into anarchy and people don't decide to kill one another or screw one another over en mass?

Wouldn't that be a sight to behold?

What delusional utopia are you living in? That won't happen anywhere in the world and you guys know it.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The entire City Council of Minneapolis MN has voted to abolish their police force !!!!

I think the Mayor will veto it.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hold your horses I have a friend who lives out in Minneapolis and she is going through this circus. I think the council voted to abolish then they voted to amend the city charter for abolishment .

Both votes where unanimous unfortunately.

However I think the city population must vote in Nov on the amendment so this is likely the one thing that could stop this madness.

I hope to God for my friend and the residents of Minneapolis the city residents have enough sense to vote no on this insanity.

Regardless my friend she is doing the best she can to move out of the city into the suburbs.
edit on 26-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Minnesotans are pretty well armed.
Now, the rest will be.
Idk...we may be surprised and see a drop in crime.
Although intentionally crashing the job market might turn them into literal cannibals now.

What gd timeline did we split off on?
Maybe we should see what cern is up to?
Imagine waking up from a 5 year coma today.
"Ahhhh, put me back!! Put me back!!"

Dude listen
Wow

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I don't think it would work just down to the Human element never mind delusions.

Too many things can and will go wrong then the domino effect will simply take hold.

Murphy's law 101 really.

I did say what "if"

Because if it did somehow function, that would indeed be a sight.

As to a utopia, well if there were ever a society that possessed the highly desirable or nearly perfect qualities for it to qualify as a utopia it would probably stagnate and die on the vine without anything to shoot for or struggle to give direction police or no police.
edit on 26-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ByteChanger

The entire City Council of Minneapolis MN has voted to abolish their police force !!!!

I think both votes were veto proof unfortunately but it has to go up for vote in November with city residents so if they have any sanity they will vote no.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ByteChanger

If he/she has done any research, I hope so! Camden, New Jersey disbanded the police force and the city is now a mecca-hub for criminals of all kinds.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is one of the daft lunatics behind this.

City council member Lisa Bender. I'm actually surprised the CNN anchor asked her some difficult questions that kind of challenged how stupid the whole plan sounded.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
social safety and violence prevention group?????

I think the criminals and gang members are out celebrating, they will have free reign over the town.

Expect an exodus of the people living in that time, property values will collapse....on the bright side, the homeless will have lots of vacant houses to move into. In a year, the city will be so broke that they won't be able to reinstate a police force because there will be no income. Businesses will be moving out or getting their own armed security guards. I suppose the city budget will pay for the protection of the homes of the city officials because they will be the only people living there with money. That will be a bigger exodus than Moses ever had.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Seattle : We had CHAZGANISTAN

Minneapolis : Hold my beer

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

City council member Lisa Bender.

It's a bunch of dumb people voting for, "Oooohhh, how pretty!!"

Next will come the lies, "See. We told you it's working. The world's a better place with us in charge of it."

Meanwhile, thugs goun thug, rapers goun rape, robbers goun rob, looter goun loot ... all while the value of everything you built drops to a fraction of a penny on the dollar.

Lisa Bender needs to spend a week in the stocks. Then, Lisa Bender needs to be tarred and feathered.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Minnesotans are pretty well armed.
Now, the rest will be.

Just had a crazy thought. Maybe they are concerned that the CCP will do something and want the populous armed. It is a crazy world we live in.

Kocag
edit on K20202020-06-26T19:42:48-05:00pm7 by Kocag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: SolAquarius

City council member Lisa Bender.

I
Meanwhile, thugs goun thug, rapers goun rape, robbers goun rob, looter goun loot ... all while the value of everything you built drops to a fraction of a penny on the dollar.

I think that viewpoint comes from a place of privilege. You just don't understand how these people are oppressed. If you got to sit down with one of Lisa benders therapeutic thought police I'm sure you could understand how your privilege hurts these people.

Then everything would be cotton candy and rainbows
edit on 26-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It will be must see tv if they televise the public comments.

And also you dont have to be nostradomus to predict this headline in 2021

"This just in Minneapolis is the new Chicago."

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If anyone wants to know a good place to start a meth lab I know one...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
New TV show.... No cops no cops what ya going to do when there isn't anyone coming after you...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It would be like the Hamsterdam village from The Wire only bigger as unfortunate as the case may be.

And minus the Police of course.
edit on 26-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Lisa Bender is the new kooked-up semi-tranqwilized modern Democrat 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
New TV show.... No cops no cops what ya going to do when there isn't anyone coming after you...

Modified restaurant signs ....

No Shoes No Shirt No Cops No Service 🥽

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join