It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
They've done it now.

They've finally decided to test the system and go full blown Cloward-Piven.

The entire City Council of Minneapolis MN has voted to abolish their police force !!!!

不不不不

They will be "replacing" their force with some kind of social safety and violence prevention group !!

Watch this city go ape-crap crazy-nuts soon 不不不不

This will undoubtedly overload the system and will become a pillar for other Democrat cities to follow suit !!

Maybe they really want the National Guard to be permanent and a futuristic total police state

Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force

The Minneapolis City Council approved a motion to abolish the citys police force in a 12-0 vote, the New York Post reported. The move would mean replacing the police with a Department of Community Safety and Violence Prevention.

The move comes after the tragic death of George Floyd. Floyd died in police custody after an officer knelt on his neck for nearly 9 minutes as Floyd repeated I cant breathe.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Property values in Minneapolis just tumbled.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
That's about time , they've had too long left to their own devices , and probably gotten totally corrupt , like many forces , rotten to the core

edit on 26-6-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Wait till they see what it does to their insurance bills

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The best thing the good folks of Minneapolis could do now is pack up and leave. Flee. Like rats from a sinking ship... just go. I am not sure how the "new" system is supposed to work, but I am pretty sure that most hardened criminals will not be deterred by a "violence prevention group" any more than they are deterred by the neighborhood watch signs. I imagine some opportunistic criminals may even move to take up residence in this good city.

Who knows? I guess we will see how this social experiment will pan out. I am just glad I am not living there with a front row seat.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This will be a spectacle to behold!!

Now, we shall see this fools in action.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Good luck finding any ammo up there for the next several months!

Between the pandemic and this, gun store owners are going to come out of 2020 with a few more 0s at the end of their account balance.

Im very curious to see how this plays out. Probably more curious about this than most events in the last few years.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Minneapolis has with this motion become a
uniformly Screwed No Man's Land. And the other
131 flavors as well. Glob help us if this catches on.

I always liked the Huxley Bros play on the gospel's words...
until they became more truthfully unsettling than the originals.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I tend to agree that completely disbanding the Police force is akin to removing all the warning labels and letting nature take its course.

Then again what should happen if the city does not deteriorate into anarchy and people don't decide to kill one another or screw one another over en mass?

Wouldn't that be a sight to behold?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
When violence occurs, like it did in Seattle, these 3 individuals will have blood on their hands.

wamu.org...

The residents have VOWED not to call the police (while they still exist).

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Not only will the criminals flocking there ruin their idea. The criminals that already live there will..

I expect that self defense and murder will skyrocket. Along side robbery and home invasions.

A lot of criminals have been waiting for just this.

Cops are #. Tax collectors is what they have become. There is an aspect of their job that actually does something. That something is deterrent. We need to put the responsibility of safety back onto police while stripping their powers to tax.
edit on 26-6-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Idiots

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They've done it now.

They've finally decided to test the system and go full blown Cloward-Piven.

The entire City Council of Minneapolis MN has voted to abolish their police force !!!!

不不不不

They will be "replacing" their force with some kind of social safety and violence prevention group !!

Does that sound like "Precrime" to anyone else?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Businesses will leave. Anyone with common sense will leave. Property values will drop. Taxes will rise to make up for the loss of revenue. Criminals will now have free reign to murder, rape, deal drugs, commit robbery, etc... I can't wait to see how this blows up in the face of the democratic fools who voted for this. Good luck and godspeed.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well now that the police are gone the people will finally be free! Free to do what ever they want! No longer burdened by trivial things such as law and order. People are inherently good dont you know? They wouldnt even think of murdering and raping each other now that the tyrant police force is gone! They wouldnt just steal and rob and loot with impunity now that they know they wont catch a bullet for it.

Ive laid on thick sarcasm if you guys cant tell.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

" Criminals will now have free reign to murder, rape, deal drugs, commit robbery, etc.. "

Yes , and one of their First Victims will be members of the Minneapolis City Council . You know , the Ones Dumber than a Rock ? .........

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Minneapolis about to become a no-go. It's sad.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Businesses will leave. Anyone with common sense will leave. Property values will drop. Taxes will rise to make up for the loss of revenue. Criminals will now have free reign to murder, rape, deal drugs, commit robbery, etc... I can't wait to see how this blows up in the face of the democratic fools who voted for this. Good luck and godspeed.

That's what our friends across the pond don't get. This is going to backfire on the liberals and if this actually happens there are going to be a lot of people killed because of their lunacy. It's going to be a huge mess that will cost the lives of a lot of innocent people. And the irony of it all will be that what we've been saying for a very long time will be true. Take away the law and let criminals run wild and see how your idiotic liberal policies work.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Then they flea to normal places and work to
Institute all the broken policies they hated and left behind.

You voted for them. You got what you wanted. Stay and enjoy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join