It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet outages today. yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Outages happening quite afew places at present. What's going on? In UK Been having problems all day with BT/EE, yesterday it was Virgin Media and Sky??

Are we under attack???

I see on this map below that the USA is also under attack along with Italy, France, Gerrmany...

Russia and China relatively free...

livemap.pingdom.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

My friend is with Sky for Internet/TV and she's had nadda since 2 days ago.
She's tried contacting them but can't get through. Apparently lot of subscribers needing internet because they are working from home.
I've just signed up to EE as I'm moving home this weekend/Monday. Hope they get it sorted soon! I need it for my work!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Outages happening quite afew places at present. What's going on? In UK Been having problems all day with BT/EE, yesterday it was Virgin Media and Sky??

Are we under attack???

I see on this map below that the USA is also under attack along with Italy, France, Gerrmany...

Russia and China relatively free...

livemap.pingdom.com...

Pingdom is a good tool, but you are not going to see any real "attacks" of any sort there. That is showing you known outages which happen every day all the time, over and over and over again. The larger the infrastructure, the more outages. I worked for the second largest ISP for some time and even at tier 3 on a single shift I think the average was something like 100 reported outages a day that filtered up to us. It may have been more...

Anyway, lots of equipment overheats, dies of old age, or just generally freaks out for no reason all the time, day after day after day.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

It’s IT, it breaks.

Keeps people like us in a job.

You don’t see people moaning when their car has a flat and they blame SAAB. (Other manufacturers are available)

The magical internet is not that magical.Still looked after my humans with the occasional fat fingers and ageing infrastructure.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

My employees in Arizona had their internet crash these past few days (internet provider is called Cox Communications)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

It’s IT, it breaks.

You don’t see people moaning when their car has a flat and they blame SAAB. (Other manufacturers are available)

The magical internet is not that magical.Still looked after my humans with the occasional fat fingers and ageing infrastructure.

And remember, the internet is essentially just a ton of other peoples computers.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

My friend is with Sky for Internet/TV and she's had nadda since 2 days ago.
She's tried contacting them but can't get through. Apparently lot of subscribers needing internet because they are working from home.
I've just signed up to EE as I'm moving home this weekend/Monday. Hope they get it sorted soon! I need it for my work!

Rainbows
Jane

So do i and yep, EE is having probs.

Oh well, hopefully like you say, things will pick up coz today has been one of the worst for a good while.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: Cymru

It’s IT, it breaks.

And remember, the internet is essentially just a ton of other peoples computers.

I heard it was a series of tubes.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

T-Mobiles been acting funny for a lot of people around where I live.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

T-Mobiles been acting funny for a lot of people around where I live.

T-Mobile were one of the companies under a DDoS attack in America about a week ago

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

There is always one or another experiencing outages.

Its the way of the world.

top topics

join