It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Antifa be designated as domestic terrorism?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I am certainly no expert at federal law, however I thought that if the POTUS decided that a subversive, anarchistic and dangerous group was causing severe civil unrest and threatening the safety of citizens, then they could be designated terrorists and then be forceably detained and/or arrested by federal agencies as an emergency measure until the congress could officially rule on the matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Maybe they could designate them cult then say were going in to save the children AKA Branch Davidians.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

That fiasco was not in the context of what I was saying. They were stupid people that used the kids as protection. Even then, the situation was horribly managed by Reno and resulted in a lot of children killed.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

That would be the sound the judge and jury make when they try and tar a rather anti-fascist expansive bunch of people with the same big domestic terrorist covered brush.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Just a bunch of pseudo "anarchists," still wet behind the ears. Bunch of tantrum-throwing adult children, operating on knee-jerk reactions, instead of logic or common sense (like adults!).
edit on 26-6-2020 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: Fools

In what world do you guys live?

IF the powers that be would want to rid themselves of this group there are loads of other ways to play it, like plant drugs, and call it organized crime.

BUT why would they want to do anything about it because everything is going JUST according to the plan.

Its all in the playbook, pages 327-658.

I disagree, I think that it may be in someones playbook, but not directly the current USG.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I agree with you. I am not with that legislation. It should be rescinded. The point of my OP is that it does give the feds more leverage with domestic groups than existed before it.

If you use the weapon of the demon dont you become the demon? or is that a video game I am thinking of?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I am certainly no expert at federal law, however I thought that if the POTUS decided that a subversive, anarchistic and dangerous group was causing severe civil unrest and threatening the safety of citizens, then they could be designated terrorists and then be forceably detained and/or arrested by federal agencies as an emergency measure until the congress could officially rule on the matter.

Then POTUS or the G7 would have no trouble designating The Chinese Communist Party as a *criminal organization*; it is not an elected party among others voted in to rule. It was an entity that seized power, erased 5000 years of history and as a wholly organized Mob runs rackets that murder and exploit those hapless victims it has enslaved. Ask Hong Kong.
edit on 26-6-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Since the most dangerous Domestic Terrorists (CNN-MSNBC-ABC-CBS-NYT-WaPo) are firmly against ANTIFA being officially labeled as a Domestic Terrorist group, it's wonderful that the Department of Justice has (with zero fanfare) already done so.

As the New York Times has reported, Antifa is organized in local autonomous cells around the country. Though it is said to lack “official” leaders, it does have operatives who move across the country making mayhem.

More significantly for present purposes, on Sunday (the same day the president’s imminent designation of Antifa was announced), the Trump Justice Department branded Antifa a domestic terrorist group.

As Attorney General Bill Barr’s press statement put it, “the violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.”
More at: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

That fiasco was not in the context of what I was saying. They were stupid people that used the kids as protection. Even then, the situation was horribly managed by Reno and resulted in a lot of children killed.

Yep thje mothers took their children into a bunker to protect them since they were hell bent on destroying the compound just like the feds were hell bent at Ruby Ridge which cost the lives of a mother and child.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Since the most dangerous Domestic Terrorists (CNN-MSNBC-ABC-CBS-NYT-WaPo) are firmly against ANTIFA being officially labeled as a Domestic Terrorist group, it's wonderful that the Department of Justice has (with zero fanfare) already done so.

As the New York Times has reported, Antifa is organized in local autonomous cells around the country. Though it is said to lack “official” leaders, it does have operatives who move across the country making mayhem.

More significantly for present purposes, on Sunday (the same day the president’s imminent designation of Antifa was announced), the Trump Justice Department branded Antifa a domestic terrorist group.

As Attorney General Bill Barr’s press statement put it, “the violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.”
More at: www.foxnews.com...

Then, why are these assholes still sitting in Seattle!!! ? (I wont even pronounce their stupid name).

I cannot believe that President Trump did not just send the feds in there and show these stupid state leadership that they cannot get away with siding with terrorists in this country. It is unbelievable, still cannot even fathom it. Not to mention that if he had just DONE THAT, he would be in much better shape against Biden, which is an issue that is also totally nonsensical because that man could not lead a parade of circus clowns.

If for some reason President Trump does not get re-elected.... this country is going the way of the dodo. It makes me sick.
edit on 26-6-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Reno was Railroaded...Killary had 2 of Billy Goats ex-Secret Service Agents who were going to squawk about Bills follys transferred to the Waco Detail then she had Snipers Murder/take them out as collateral damage during the firefight....there had to be a firefight that day to trigger the execution of those 2 Secret Service leaks....Killary sacrificed all of those lives Men/Women/Children just to keep her Husbands derelictions suppressed and their Political careers alive.

Her pre-Execution GITMO transcripts will no doubt cover this.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Antifa: A political protest movement comprising autonomous groups affiliated by their militant opposition to fascism and other forms of extreme right-wing ideology.

You might get away with the autonomous groups being designated as domestic terrorists dependant on what they do or have done.

But given the very anti-fascist nature of the organization, it's going to be rather hard to label them all as terrorists given the fact they are fighting against draconian entrenched institutions and tyranny.

when you burn buildings and loot Nike's, it's imperative that you do so in the name of fighting fascism. Then it's more along the "if I close my eyes, I can't see you" road.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good luck proving all the people responsible for the arson and theft are all members of Antifa.

Hence the problem really.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: andy06shake
I would like to hear from any Aussies on here because they were trying to bring a law in "guilt by association". That would cover the different groups.

This should clear up any misconceptions.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

" Can Antifa be designated as domestic terrorism? "

You mean they Haven't Already ? WTF ?
edit on 27-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join