It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church No Way but Riots are OK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The Leftist New York dictatorship of Cuomo, de Blasio and AG James took a hit today when a federal judge ruled they exceeded their executive limits by limiting church worshipers and letting the terrorists run amuck.
It’s about time these clowns are put in their place over their pure hypocrisy of not even trying to enforce any of their so called “rules” on any of the “protestors” gathered in the streets by the thousands while putting their boots on the necks of people that just want to worship God.

I am not a church going person, but going to church is a right just like PEACEFUL protests are.
The truth about this “pandemic” is starting to come out now that the CDC admits that there may be 10X more infections in the country than what is confirmed, effectively lowering the death rate to less than 1%.....right on par with any influenza type illness.
Is it real?...without a doubt but it is not worth the draconian measures we have seen that destroyed the economy and forced almost 45 million people out of work.

U.S. District Judge Gary L. Sharpe issued a preliminary injunction Friday on behalf of two Catholic priests -- Steven Soos and Nicholas Stamos -- and a trio of Orthodox Jewish congregants -- Elchanan Perr, Daniel Schonborn, and Mayer Mayerfeld -- in Brooklyn, represented by the Thomas More Society.
They filed the suit in the Northern District of New York after mass protests and looting occurred in the Big Apple following George Floyd's police-related death in May.

De Blasio had "simultaneous pro-protest/anti-religious gathering messages" when he "actively encouraged participation in protests and openly discouraged religious gatherings and threatened religious worshipers," Sharpe said in his federal order.

"Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio could have just as easily discouraged protests, short of condemning their message, in the name of public health and exercised discretion to suspend enforcement for public safety reasons instead of encouraging what they knew was a flagrant disregard of the outdoor limits and social distancing rules," the judge added.

"They could have also been silent. But by acting as they did, Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio sent a clear message that mass protests are deserving of preferential treatment."

Thomas More Society Special Counsel Christopher Ferrara celebrated the decision and called Cuomo's executive orders a "sham" that "went right out the window as soon as he and Mayor de Blasio saw a mass protest movement they favored taking to the streets by the thousands."
"Suddenly, the limit on ‘mass gatherings’ was no longer necessary to ‘save lives,’" Ferrara said in a statement to Fox News. "Yet they were continuing to ban high school graduations and other outdoor gatherings exceeding a mere 25 people."

He added, "This decision is an important step toward inhibiting the suddenly emerging trend of exercising absolute monarchy on [the] pretext of public health. What this kind of regime really meant in practice is freedom for me, but not for thee.”
As a result of the federal order, Cuomo, James, and de Blasio are "enjoined and restrained from enforcing any indoor gathering limitations” against the involved houses of worship “greater than imposed for Phase 2 industries,” provided that participants follow the prescribed social distancing.

They are also forbidden from “enforcing any limitation for outdoor gatherings provided that participants in such gatherings follow social distancing requirements as set forth in the applicable executive orders and guidance.”

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well Florida and Texas are leading the way to another lockdown today, starting with the bars. Is that because of their democratic governors?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Well Florida and Texas are leading the way to another lockdown today, starting with the bars. Is that because of their democratic governors?

FL and TX restrictions are limited and vastly easier on their population to enjoy commerce than what is going on in NY and NYC.

Nice try.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well New York still has the highest C19 death rate in the World, so Democrats have plenty to be proud of don't they.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The truth about this “pandemic” is starting to come out now that the CDC admits that there may be 10X more infections in the country than what is confirmed, effectively lowering the death rate to less than 1%.....right on par with any influenza type illness.
a reply to: RazorV66

I dont think the truth is coming out for actual people to see and grasp. What we are looking at is a fear campaign. so what are the people doing who test positve for corona virsu doing? they are probably having anxiety and running to the hospital because "Oh My God" I just tested for corona virus! SO people are freaking out over this.

WHy are people freaking out because the media is painting a picture of you will die if you have corona virus. and not the picture that you are painting. of yeah if you test positve for corona virus odds are you are going to be okay.

Until the narrative is placed back into the mindset that this i slike the flu or phenomia ( even though I get it phenomia is not fun.)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Yes, odds are you are going to be okay. That's fine if they're not your odds. Please dont let your desire to fight facemasks and stuff your face at Chili's impact others decision regarding whether or not they are okay with accepting that risk. You dont have the authority to make that choice for anyone else. Sorry. That's where your precious freedoms stop.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

People that are taking precautions have the choice to stay 6ft away. They usually don't, even though I give them ample oppurtunity, but that's beside the point.

Here's the the thing about me I've never needed to inhale the essence of someone's breath to understand the words that come from their mouth. I guess I'm just weird like that.
edit on 6/26/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Ok, so show some backbone Christians, and like the protesters, get out there and do something about it. Go to Church. Do it. What's stopping you? If you get arrested, so what? Stop whining about it, and DO something about it.
edit on 26-6-2020 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Five governors are facing the prospect of being charged with third-degree manslaughter, over nursing home deaths of our loved ones. Governor Cuomo tops the list.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This virus is not nothing, it can cause a lot of harm to some people. I think it is right to wear a mask when in public close to other people. I am not afraid of this virus, but don't want to get sick either, having a virus sucks for weeks. Even though this virus has been overblown by fear mongering, it is still a virus that could hurt many of my older friends, We need to be sensible and not let it get out of control because most of those susceptible that I know are good people.

If I get it and die...Oh well, time to go to hell. But I would feel terrible if I had it and gave it to a friend and he croaked and beat me to hell.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yes, odds are you are going to be okay. That's fine if they're not your odds. Please dont let your desire to fight facemasks and stuff your face at Chili's impact others decision regarding whether or not they are okay with accepting that risk. You dont have the authority to make that choice for anyone else. Sorry. That's where your precious freedoms stop.
a reply to: bender151

I dont understand? Arent the people who are mandating the face mask telling people what to do??

And I dont go to Chili's, more of a cheesecake factory person.

Do you know that they have more then 20 different cheesecakes, have you tried the white chocolate ? Its one of the best experiences you will have in your life.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the hypocrisy of the left as I stated in the above OP.
I point this out to leftists when I get the chance.

I call out hypocrisy on both sides

It's a shame partisan folks always cover-up for their side

edit on 26-6-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This really made me mad watching this.

Sure maybe protest a couple of times and go ahead and scream and yell but NOT a thousand times all over the goddam country

It was ridiculous, hypocritical and they have no right to criticize even Trump for his stupid rally

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It ironic how Catholic/Christainity was cancel culture movement with riots too when it started.

Render unto Caesar.
edit on 26-6-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Texas closed bars at 6pm on Friday. Restaurants are operating at 75% now but have to scale back to 50% on Monday. Churches can run at 100% capacity.

The executive order signed by the governor on Friday specifically targeted 2 business types oddly. Bars and river-tubing services. Yes....innertube floats. I # you not.

But churches are untouched currently. I think we may have a winner behind who's pushing the governor to cherry-pick.

"Booze bad" says teh Jesus!

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Spirit in the sky
Not in your glass.

Anyway have a church riot if you need to be with like minded people. Church riot is the answer.

Or hold services in the lumber department of Home Depot.
They were never closed.
Build your own pews.
edit on 27-6-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The question here is the same as always: does it benefit the power of the state or the freedom of the individual.

Individuals should be free to make their own decisions, even bad ones.

Any use of the extra-constitutional "police power" to interfere in commerce or place us under house arrest must be challenged.

The governments should have informed us of the proper steps to take to protect ourselves and others. It's not that complicated.

Social distance, wear a mask, wash your hands, don't gather in large groups, if you're sick self-quarantine.

When have any of us been informed in the past what steps to take to prepare for a pandemic? For what might be several weeks or months of self-quarantine?

Never.

When had we been taught any of the basics of dealing with a pandemic?

It's a virus. It's not a devil or demon or villian. It acts and reacts according to systems we undrestand pretty well.

Yet, we're still letting ourselves be divided over trivial crap like whether you wear a mask.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The problem is that the political fight was started by Trump, to rile up his base. He believes it will give them some kind of enthusiasm and help him in the election. All he does now is look for wedge issues to fire up his base.

It’s direct brainwashing of people who are filled with such hate they are glad to sacrifice logic and common sense for political obsession based on fear and ignorance.

They very IGNORANTLY see this as hurting the libs.

They are the most imprisoned in the left/right managed war of political obsession to their own detriment and destruction.

edit on 27-6-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

top topics

join