It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How PepsiCo could have started the corporate wars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Some of you may have known this, some of you may be surprised.

For a brief moment in the late 80's PepsiCo had the sixth largest naval fleet in the world.

So, back in the late 50's for whatever reason Eisenhower hosted an American exhibition in Moscow.

Thing's were going well until Nixon and Khrushchev got into an argument about capitalism vs communism. (Go figure, right?)

So, the guy representing PepsiCo at the time. I think it was the VP steps in and gives the ol Rusky a Pepsi. The guy liked it so much he wanted all of Russia to be able to taste it. Talk about smooth move for Pepsi. Well, no one wanted commie money, so Russia paid for it in Vodka. Ah good ol communism amirite?

Fast forward to, uh... What? 89? The deal was coming to an end, but their vodka wasn't worth it's weight anymore so what did the Soviets do?

Gave Pepsi a g-damn armada!

If memory serves me correct it was 17 submarines, a destroyer, a cruiser, and a frigate.

Imagine if they wanted to take on Coca-Cola lol.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That's very funny.

The historical exchange caused Pepsi to become the 6th most powerful military in the world, for a moment, before they sold the fleet to a Swedish company for scrap recycling.

I too like Pepsi.

Source: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Damn Arnie, why'd you have to go tell everyone they sold it all off? Lol

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

This is the kind of story I like to read. I also liked the way you wrote it.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Lol 'most powerful' and yet ended up as scrap metal

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

It's a shame none of yall ever got to meet me. I'm a blast lol

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What most of the stories leave out is that the subs and ship the Russians gave Pepsi were junk to begin with.

The Russians gave them to Pepsi with the express purpose of scrapping them for money.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

thankyou.
avery interesting thread
and may i add
most refreshing Aaaaaahh.
now where is that packet of twisties/can't have one without the other

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I would of thought Nixon would of gave him a Coke since Nixon had stock in Coke.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Well, he probably would have, but the story goes that while the two were arguing it was the Pepsi Vice President who stepped in and offered the soda.

I don't know if Coca-Cola was there or not. Maybe Pepsi man was closer, and saw a great business opportunity.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Diet Pepsi is my poison of choice. If I'm awake and I'm drinking anything that isn't water it's either coffee or Diet Pepsi. If Diet Pepsi disappeared tomorrow, I would be depressed for years.

top topics

join