It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - Masks Increase Co2 Levels - You Become Dumber and More Compliant to Authority.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The article is horribly worded.

You can't catch pneumonia. You catch a virus or something that will cause pneumonia. Or an infection can cause it.

Its like saying you can catch a fever. Doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
OP..take off your mask!!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The article is horribly worded.

You can't catch pneumonia. You catch a virus or something that will cause pneumonia. Or an infection can cause it.

Its like saying you can catch a fever. Doesn't make sense.

Thanks for playing. No. You're 100% wrong. There is bacterial pneumonia (pneumococcal) and the even easier to catch viral pneumonia from a range of viruses.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

The bacteria caused the pneumonia...
Again pneumonia is a immune system response gone wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: YouSir

You may want to ditch that valve face mask: The pros and cons
Valve masks are a type of N95 mask that with a one-way valve.

One type of mask called a "valve mask" helps solve some of these problems, but is now under fire for not protecting the public as it should -- drawing into question whether they should be used at all.

The participants here are sure S M R T ! DOH ! S M A R T ! lol
now I'm out lol

Ummm...It's your job to protect you...not mine...that's what I've heard preached from the echo chamber here for months...

The public should be smart enough to figure it out...and if you don't want to even wear a mask...then why bitch about the fact my mask has valves and your not smart enough to use that variety...

D'oh

YouSir

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Joe Biden says if elected president of the United States, he will sign an executive order that forces every person in this country to wear masks!

Thank you to a ATS member RenegadeofTheLight for allowing me to link to his finding.

Great job! : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Masks also keep people out of the hospital and save money so it is not a big mystery as to why a government would want people to wear them. It just makes sense. From an economic standpoint, you do not want to be paying massive medical bills for millions of people if you don't have to. If you are a member of a government, you also obviously kinda don't want your country's economy and government to collapse under the weight of a medical catastrophe if there's anything at all you can do to prevent it or soften the blow.

So, again, masks just plain make sense. I can understand from an individualistic standpoint the mindset of "Well, it's my health and I'll take the chance" but in this case, it's more than that. If you get other people sick with your stubborn (and pointless) protest and some of those people die? I can't imagine not caring.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

"masks just plain makes sense" oh man, when am i going to come down from this trip dude, its been like months now.

But anyways i would like to congratulate our demon masters for executing perfectly the classic divide and conquer strategy, viruses, vaccines,whites, blacks, statues, blue eyed-blond haired sweet infant baby Jesus.

Camacho for president! MABA!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Now it all makes sense:

What with Global climate change and increased amounts of atmospheric CO2, that must explain the dumbing down of the population over time and our current situation, then.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...the masks I use have valves in them so that the exhaled breath goes out through the valves and not through the filter media...

Then your mask fails to protect those around you.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
You just need some common sense, some basic observational skills, and a willingness to divorce political views from matters that are in no way political.

Look, I've said this before, I could not care less if someone desires wearing a mask. Wear a damn mask, don't wear a damn mask, no my business. That said, when we have politicians ramrodding mandates that require face masks be worn, then it has become very much a political issue. For the record, I don't get people who are offended that others are wearing masks any more than I get people being outraged at some business not requiring masks. As far as I am concerned, it should be left 100% to the individual and the business/property owners. If a business requires masks and you have a bitch over it, shop elsewhere. Similarly, if one doesn't require them and you don't feel comfortable there, don't patronize them.

Seems so simple and all we manage to do is complicate the piss out of it through political mandates that, by design, lead to partisan side taking.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Ummm...the masks I use have valves in them so that the exhaled breath goes out through the valves and not through the filter media...

Then your mask fails to protect those around you.

Ummm...those around me that choose not to wear a mask...have already determined that they don’t need protecting...

So there is that...

All others are already protected by their own masks...so that moots your point...also...the mask valves project the exhaled breath vertically downwards...and not horizontally...so I’m not even exhaling in the face of those who choose not to wear a mask...

Further...I explained to you that I have asthma...and environmental allergies...persons with asthma...when suffering an attack...have difficulty expelling air...the valves expedite that exhalation and make it easier...

Even before the pandemic...I wore and wear a mask when I mow the lawn...and when I do woodworking...because of the allergy thing...

Hope that helps...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I understand that. I was basing my statement on a discussion we had yesterday where you steeped your pro-mask position in the Libertarian "do no harm" edict and categorized your choice to wear one as meeting your feelings of responsibility to avoid, in your words, violating the rights of others to not be sickened by your decisions.

To remain consistent with your own message, it would seem a vented mask wouldn't be in line with those values. Not busting your chops, perhaps you just didn't realize the vented N95 masks are now being called out as making the problem worse and some locales have gone so far as to outright ban their usage in mask mandate areas.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Just a little bit of sciece here might help. I can remember my physical chemistry professor yellin, "Quantify, dammit, quantify. CO2 is a linear, non-polar molecule.
It measures 232 picometers from Oxygen to Oxygen. A picometer is a trillionth of a meter. The droplets that are spy definition, at lease 5 micronsewed by coughing, sneezing, talking, singing, etc, are, by definition, at least 5 microns in diameter.
A micron is a millionth of a meter. A micron is a million times bigger than a picometer. Defending on the warp and weft of the weave in a cloth mask, the intersitial spaces are big enough to let CO2 out while keeping droplets in, or out. And since the droplets are primarily water, with is a polar molecule, there is an electromagnetic attraction between the polar molecule and the cloth fibers. That's one reason fluffy towelswork so well. An N95 mask isa totally different matter. It is is comprised of four layers of material: an outer layer of spun-bond polypropylene, a second layer of cellulose/polyester, a third layer of melt-blown polypropylene filter material and an inner (fourth) layer of spun-bound polypropylene. It is much less permeable than a fairly loose cloth mask. It keeps more stuff out, but also more stuff in. By the way, most RNA viruses are from 20 to 300 nanometers A nanometer is a billionth of a meter, between, in size, apico meter anda micron. As a comparison, the average human hair id 50 microns in diameter. The human eye can't seeanything less than 40 microns in size.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ummm...in a perfect world...we might all be able to achieve a level of purity that escapes infallibility...however...even the most altruistic are faced with the reality of their own human existence...and the knowledge that every single one falls woefully short of their personal and public ideals...

That’s why we are a nation of laws...as I explained yesterday...because none harbor the requisite level of responsibility to police their own actions in order to not cause harm to any other...we merely relinquish that responsibility to other entities...fact is...even Christians recognize their own fallibility...and are content to have an intercessor pick up that slack...

Are you really of the opinion that I alone...out of a world filled with idealism...should be that glaring example of perfect consistency you could point to...?

Also...are you now of the opinion that those who choose not to wear a mask...should be protected from their decision...because obviously they couldn’t make an informed decision on their own...?

Why would you now expect me to protect you from your decision to not protect yourself...because you’ve already determined that no protection is needed...?

In conclusion...All of those locales you spoke to...also have exemptions for individuals with compromised respiratory systems...so...any ban only applies to the cavalier use of such and not to the already compromised...and none of those bans carry the color of law...

Or are you now a champion of bans...and forced compliance to unconstitutional edicts...?

YouSir

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Or are you now a champion of bans...and forced compliance to unconstitutional edicts...?

Quite the opposite. Believe it or not, I wasn't attempting to get you into an argument, either. My point was that as of yesterday you were using the "duty to do no harm" as the basis of your mask argument with me, now today it's shifted to the side and you are admitting that others have a responsibility to protect themselves. I dunno... it just strikes me as extremely hypocritical as you're essentially copying my position from yesterday that you were actively arguing against AND questioning my morality over harboring. I guess the primary difference is that I'm not going through the motions of appearing to wear a mask that I know does nothing to filter my exhalations while patting myself on the back for appearing to do my due dilligence commitment to "do no harm"

You complained yesterday of feeling targeted and said people had teed off on your positions at your own expense since COVID hit, well... Staying consistent and not exhibiting hypocrisy go a long way towards not opening the door up for you to be in that position.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Decreased 02 as well. Interesting that up to the feeling of so called COVID-19 your 02 levels decrease. You can get a small 02 meter for your finger and if it drops into the low 80’s70’s you may be infected”by something” that’s all I’ll say. Point was to watch your 02 it’s very very accurate.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
CO2 doesn't actually effect intelligence, it makes a person temporarily lose their ability to reason or challenge someone giving them BS. It makes them more compliant for a while to anyone, not just the authorities. They may follow the rioters lead too or even the lead of people who are destroying statues. They become puppets some time.
edit on 26-6-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

YouSir

You know, I spent three years in law school, And 30 years as a lawyer and judge, and I can not figure out what clause of the constitution might be violated by a clear exercise of the police powers reserved to the states. I wish somwone would point out exactly what clause of the Constitution is violated. I won't argue here that the requirement is not wrong or that it is not at some level an infringement of absolute liberty, just as the proscription against child rape doesn't infringe someone's liberty to molest little kids. But not every restraint on absolute liberty violates the Constitution. It just seems that the claim of "unconstitutionality harkens to every entitled Karen and Kenny's claim that their entitlement is somehow protected by the Constitution. It isn't.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Ummm...let me get to your last point first...in your mind...me wearing a mask is somehow contradictory to libertarian ideology...because I’m also not protecting you...who refuses to wear a mask and is of the stated opinion that you don’t need to be protected...or wear one...

You want cake in both your hands...you affirm the desire to remain unprotected...yet now want me to be the arbiter of your protection...and then claim hypocrisy on my part...because I’m wearing a mask that does not expel exhalations into the face of anyone...while you reserve for yourself that very scenario...

The issue with other posters using childish name calling and downright hostility had and has nothing to do with your attempt to claim hypocrisy...where none exists...
Now you sound like a liberal berating a Christian...because there is no perfection evident in the believers walk...
The hostile reaction because I left the reservation...was meted out...not because of any imaginary hypocritical stance on my part...but solely because I disagreed and dared to voice my different opinion...

What your attempting to do here...is claim the high road...yet absolve you’re own hypocrisy...nowhere have I ever stated that others did not have the responsibility to protect themselves...that is their responsibility...

What your trying to do is twist the words that clearly stated that personal rights also require the person to be responsible enough for their actions that they not inadvertently cause harm...

I wear a mask...if everyone wears a mask...how does my wearing one designed to prevent exhalation through the filter media and enable an asthma sufferer to exhale easier...cause anyone harm...?

Again...why should you suddenly exhibit concern for your safety...when yesterday...and today...you have expressed your affirmation that you choose to not protect yourself in that regard...and that COVID-19 is a nothing burger and nothing worth worrying about...

You keep repeating that your not trying to be argumentative...but your choice of descriptors belies that expressed intent...it feels like you think you’ve got a gotcha moment...but you only expose the fallacy of your argument by attempting to portray hypocrisy by being hypocritical yourself...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join