It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - Masks Increase Co2 Levels - You Become Dumber and More Compliant to Authority.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: carewemust

This actually is something I have talked with my doctor about. But I will still wear a mask when in public, not for my health but for others. This virus is no joke for a small percentage of people. I was almost unable to move and lost a crap ton of weight. I got it back and have increased my workout times each day. But still it is very real so please don’t dismiss this. Please be safe man. I beg you to do so.

People in the higher risk categories should probably wear a mask to protect themselves even after Covid-19 has passed. Annual Flu and Pneumonia does a number on them too.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: solve

That brand of arrogant selfishness interferes with other peoples lives, and it's for no reason other than you being a stubborn and spoiled ass.

Whoa, are you saying people without masks kill babies and puppies?
You know what's worse than people without masks?
People with low self esteem having found a [believed] righteous cause to treat others like poop and then feeling really good about themselves.
You don't care about people, only people who think like you.
As a vulnerable person I'd rather catch this thing and sit it out [pretty good survival rate] than deal with people like you.
Heck, I'd rather swim in shark infested waters, with raw steak under my armpits.

You are not the pinnacle of virtue. Even if you feel like it. Are you a traffic warden by any chance?

edit on 26-6-2020 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You don't need science here. You just need some common sense, some basic observational skills, and a willingness to divorce political views from matters that are in no way political.

That's why I often point out how irrational it is to shut down a nation over a virus that kills no more people than contagious pneumonia does. There was never such draconian lockdown measures taken over pneumonia, or the Flu.

Covid-19 vs Pneumonia - CDC: www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I wore an N95 to an orthopedic appointment (broke my foot) and didn't have a problem with it. Today, wearing it while someone's cleaning my house, I feel like I'm suffocating. The only difference is that today I've had four cups of black tea. Increased cardiac and thus respiratory rates? Geez, this increased CO2 sucks bigtime.
edit on 26-6-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
While I do believe that masks can reduce droplets.. I have a lot of questions about whether or not thats the main vector of transmissibility of nearly any pathogen out there.

Notably, aerosolized particles and droplet spread arent necessarily the same thing.

We also know that masks can do everything from interfere with the respiratory process to increase viral load.

So, is the benefit of reducing droplet spread (which may not be the main vector of transmission anyway) worth the costs of immune suppression, respiratory interference, and self-contamination?

Im not convinced that it is.. But I think there is a discussion there that most just dont seem to want to have, and that The Monolith hasnt really explored.

Thats not even mentioning the social blackmail, discrimination against those with disabilities, etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Covid 19, causes the immune system to go after the infection in the lungs causing pneumonia.
Pneumonia isn't a virus its an immune system response gone wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: Drucifer

caustic chemicals

Faulty Narrative Brother
lol I'm out of this nut house lol

Sure, I’ll give you that one.

Doesn’t negate the fact that we pull off work that often pushes us to the limits of our knowledge and we’ve done so for 3 months while wearing an N95 for 7.5 hours a day.

I, myself, used the time when all of our tenants started working from home to learn everything about our Building Management System and our chiller planet, without having a single bit of knowledge regarding either. 3 months later and I can program and operate the BMS with ease, I understand our chiller and how to run it. These are by no means simple tasks. Simultaneously, I studied for and passed a test for my Universal EPA license, a storage tank certification and have helped re-design a new build-out for a future tenant.

All of this work has required my brain to be functioning at it’s highest capability. I’m operating equipment and contributing to the design of things that are well over the million dollar mark. If I were doing something wrong in any of the above, I have a team of people around me that will more than happily let me know, or our chiller would cease to function.

While I’m normally not surprised by the standard ATS threads, usually once a week something comes along that makes me put into question the day to day capabilities of some of the posters when such mindless drivel falls out of what they’re surely confusing to be their mouths, when it’s clearly their ass.
edit on 26-6-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

I wore an N95 to an orthopedic appointment (broke my foot) and didn't have a problem with it. Today, wearing it while someone's cleaning my house, I feel like I'm suffocating. The only difference is that today I've had four cups of black tea. Increased cardiac and thus respiratory rates? Geez, this increased CO2 sucks bigtime.

It's the long-term periodic reduction of Oxygen that causes mental issues.

Everyone just needs to be aware that there is an undercurrent of things occurring, which are not in the best interests of we the people.

As pointed out by fellow ATS Member CrankyOldMan here: www.abovetopsecret.com... , the things "they" push the hardest on us this year, should be examined most closely.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's certainly no coincidence that the dangerous propaganda being spewed by the OP is being pushed on many other forums and platforms today.

Brigades are out, stoking the culture wars, spreading confusion to increase cognitive dissonance and apathy. Heck, metalthunder even had his smirky memes ready to go, in a shameless effort to embarrass, shame or bully mask wearers.

Fortunately most ATS members are smart enough to recognize the stupidity. However, one of the dangers of this disinformation campaign is that some poor, scared soul will be convinced by it, putting themselves and others in danger.

Another danger is that this agitprop is, increasingly, having real life consequences beyond people getting sick - people are confronting each other in real life over something that should be a simple, common sense measure, a non-issue.

OP knows this though, it's his raison d'être .

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Covid 19, causes the immune system to go after the infection in the lungs causing pneumonia.
Pneumonia isn't a virus its an immune system response gone wrong.

And contagious: www.singlecare.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

This has to be the silliest post I've read. Doctors and Nurses wear face masks for hours at a time. Does a surgeon that wears a mask for operations longer than 8 hours get dumber? Of course not. If what you are saying was true then Doctors would never be allowed to wear a mask. They'd do operations in helmets that pumped them fresh air. Doctors and nurses are collectively rolling their eyes right now.

And I'll just link this as well.

ap news

“Keep in mind that many people —for example surgeons or certain kinds of scientists—have routinely worn masks for long periods of time without clear adverse effects,” Stanley said. “With how common mask wearing has always been, even before COVID-19, we would know if hypercapnia was a problem with wearing masks.”

edit on 26-6-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: av8r007

Excellent. Point.

But the mask isn't to protect you. Its to protect others from you.

Ummm...I know...right...?

Cause that's why my protective mask I wore in the military was only designed to protect the greater unwashed from me exhaling chemical and biological agents all over them...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: drussell41

It's the long-term periodic reduction of Oxygen that causes mental issues.

Everyone just needs to be aware that there is an undercurrent of things occurring, which are not in the best interests of we the people.

As pointed out by fellow ATS Member CrankyOldMan here: www.abovetopsecret.com... , the things "they" push the hardest on us this year, should be examined most closely.

No doubt (to all of your points).

I'm just very surprised at how different the mask felt on two back-to-back days.
edit on 26-6-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Heck, metalthunder even had his smirky memes ready to go, in a shameless effort to embarrass, shame or bully mask wearers.

About ME huh LoL
Hardly

Weak Sauce
edit on 6262020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: MetalThunder

Do you really need studies to understand that a mask is meant to keep those droplets of spittle from flying out of your mouth into other peoples faces? Really? You are that hard to convince? Even when its obvious basic common sense and logic?

If you're that afraid of normal human contact - stay home.

Everyone will be exposed, sooner or later.

Get over it.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh just stop with the masks violate my personal liberties crap. Tell the truth. You lot are the same people that don't use their turn-signals, leave their shopping carts in parking spaces, don't hold doors open, throw trash and cigarette butts out of your car window, and leave the toilet seat up. You're just a lot of whining, spoiled, all-about-me brats.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

that is a fake tweet. You've been hoodwinked into believing that she posted it.

ap news
edit on 26-6-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Maybe the CIA put out that tweet to hoodwink conservatives.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Nice diatribe..India? I sure the f hope you don't think those women are from India, if so..facepalm level 10

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join