It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - Masks Increase Co2 Levels - You Become Dumber and More Compliant to Authority.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Putin = his mommy.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Do Face Masks Reduce Cornovirus ? - NO

The bottom line, experts say, is that masks might help keep people with COVID-19 from unknowingly passing along the virus. But the evidence for the efficacy of surgical or homemade masks is limited, and masks aren't the most important protection against the coronavirus.

Neither mask meaningfully decreased the viral load coughed onto the petri dishes. But experts not involved in the study who were contacted by Live Science were hesitant to put much stock into the findings. The researchers didn't look at distances beyond 7.8 inches to see if droplets didn't travel as far while people were wearing masks, Chu said.

"To me, it's not harmful to wear these masks, but it doesn't look from this study like there is a whole lot of benefit," Jones said.....

"There's been enough research done to be able to confidently say that masks wouldn't be able to stop the spread of infection, that they would only have a small effect on transmission," Cowling said. "We shouldn't be relying on masks to help us go back to normal."

WAKE UP paranoid spiddlers - there are more down sides to them lol
edit on 6262020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Hilarious that you cite an article that openly says the study you’re clinging to was poorly done thanks to sample size and crude measurements.

Lol

ETA - oh, actually they retracted their publication entirely. That’s even better

Lol
edit on 26-6-2020 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

imagine that - they did not even proceed to do the study - must have been something stopping them like LOGIC and not wasting money on a known ineffective means .....

Wearing masks may increase your risk of coronavirus infection, expert says

Masks are recommended for those showing symptoms of a disease, if they are sick, or they have tested positive for COVID-19 since these are designed to prevent the virus from coming out.

Masks should not be worn by Healthy people - they are not healthy or a fashion accessory lol - unless you don't want to be healthy .... your choice

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
N95 masks? Arent they the ones we are supposed to be reserving for the healthcare providers?

Well, I guess if doctors can diagnose their smoking patients and treat them watching them die and continuing smoking themselves, they might be stupid enough to wear a dangerous face covering that makes them dumber, so much dumber I guess that none of them ever came up with an alternative way to protect themselves from dangerous infections....

And... lol.... supposedly according to the conservatives...
We have the best healthcare system in the world!!
Lol... filled with doctors suffering from brain damage caused by the medical masks they wear..

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Oh no, they did it. And published it. They just did a terrible job and retracted it because they did such a terrible job. Yet here you are, quoting it and clinging to it and breaking every bone in your body to bend it and twist it and shoehorn it into your narrative.

Lol

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Boadicea

Oh puh-lease.

Feel free to twist my words, it's what the OP was hoping for.

Quoting is not twisting.

But all reading this know that no one is pointing and laughing at your health issue.

I don't know that.

I sympathize with you.

I don't want sympathy. I shouldn't even have to discuss my personal health issues. I just want my rights respected and protected.

Wearing a mask is a bitch. And, if you have underlying issues that are exacerbated by a mask , you are likely in that category of people who should be self-quaranting for your own safety. Not refusing to wear a mask.

Well, it's pretty much both. I'm not wearing a mask and I am pretty much on home arrest self-quarantining because I have no choice. And there's a very good chance that I've already had it, so the chances of me being a threat to anyone are slim to none.

I'm of the same mind as yourself in that I also think we will ALL get this. There is no hiding from it. But, by wearing masks, we can prevent large numbers from getting it at the same time and overwhelming the healthcare system.

Maybe. And that may nor may not be the best approach. We do actually know quite a bit about the coronavirus in general, and increasingly about CoVid in particular. We already have reports that the virus is "weakening," that people are easily surviving what once would have killed them, and other positive signs. When we consider the stupid ass decisions made that actually increased deaths (such as placing positive patients in nursing homes, and forcing intubation and ventilation rather than non-invasive means), there's a good chance that the authorities were always a bigger danger than the virus. From what we know in general, summer's increased sun and heat is in itself anti-viral, and now is probably the BEST time to let it spread, when people are (or should be) fortified and strengthened with Vitamin D, and the virus is weakest. We would probably also do ourselves a bigger favor by taking Vitamin D3 and other nutritional supplements to prepare our bodies to fight the virus.

It's your choice to wear a mask or not...

But I will be punished and denied a life if I choose not to.

...but, by the same token, it's a business owner's or a fellow citizen's choice to do business or associate with you or not.

And of course I will respect their rules. But it is also their choice to provide an option for those customers who cannot wear masks. And they probably don't in large part because we are just pointed at and laughed at for denying science with no thought or consideration for our needs. Although quite often their hands are tied as well as mayors and governors issue their own mandates. But either way, no reasonable accommodations are made for us. Nope. Just shut up and stay home. In case we might be infectious.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: Allaroundyou

But I will still wear a mask when in public, not for my health but for others.

This is what most people have a hard time grasping, doing something that benefits strangers.

I was sick as a dog a few months ago, i do not wear a mask, do not expect others to wear one, also do not wear one for me.

Wear a mask in public... How am i going to smoke my luckies?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

LOL

A psychotherapist explains why you want to wear a face mask — even though it probably won't help you avoid illness

Psychotherapist Amy Morin explains that wearing the masks does more for our mental health than our physical well-being, by soothing our anxiety and giving us the illusion of being in control.

So why do so many people want to cover up their faces if it doesn't help? It actually has more to do with their mental health than their physical health.

I don't believe in ILLUSIONS run by MSM

WAKE UP

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Well, in most, if not all of the country, you cant smoke in bars, or resturants, movie theaters, stores, just about any public space so I don't really see the problem.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Not a yankee.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
It seems to me there are no scientists or qualified researchers in this thread. If there are, please speak up. I'll wait...
I didn't think so.

We all know we're taking someone else's word for the facts, qualified or not. You're just going to have to use a little critical thinking and your best judgement, because whatever your bias is, there's an article on the intertubez that will support that bias. Of course, they're always written by experts or they have consulted experts.

From my perspective, if I cover my mouth when I sneeze I catch more spittle and mucous than if I had not covered my mouth. This tells me that basic masks can help mitigate, but not prevent, the spread of particulate matter. Do C02 levels increase when wearing a mask? They likely do, by how much I don't know, but you should be removing that mask or changing it as often as is possible any way.

I can also see Baodicea's points in her own case, as well as others, but as she pointed out, we can't run and hide, we can only take precautions to the best of our personal knowledge and ability.

Stay safe ATS, live long and prosper.
edit on 6/26/2020 by Klassified because: missed a word. Blame Augustus.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Sounds like breathable fluoride has been discovered !!! 🤓🚬

link   

Sorry mate, I haven’t argued that wearing a mask will prevent you from getting sick. I know you’re an Olympic level mental gymnast, but I’m not big on defending attacks on points I haven’t made. I don’t believe in participating in DEBATES people have with THEMSELVES.

GO BACK TO BED ABD TRY AGAIN

Lol

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like breathable fluoride has been discovered !!! 🤓🚬

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Op is right.

Masks are a ploy by the dems in an attempt to make trump supporters dummer ....

Or, George soros happens to also be a mad scientist and designed masks to make people dumb.... along with Hilary.

5 usernames single handily took down ats, could have been a coordinated plan.

3 of them in this thread

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Op is right.

Masks are a ploy by the dems in an attempt to make trump supporters dumber ....

Or, George soros happens to also be a mad scientist and designed masks to make people dumb.... along with Hilary.

5 usernames single handily took down ats, could have been a coordinated plan.

3 of them in this thread

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I found a doctor ... a MSM god like one - what say you ? LOL

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Each morning I have my coffee and come to ATS to read some of the most STUPID ramblings on the planet. Yea, masks are a menace. Your nurses and doctors are dropping like flies from CO2 poisoning. Brain surgeons are getting dumber and lobotomizing patients every day. Nurses, doctors, aids, and techs wear masks every day and have for generations. No complaints. But NOW you asshats conjure-up THIS drivel? PLEASE!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wearing masks is fine yet we all touch the same dirty keypad at the store.
Surface contamination is the issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join