It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - Masks Increase Co2 Levels - You Become Dumber and More Compliant to Authority.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There's no logical reason for it,

Actually, there is.
Wearing a mask reduces the amount and velocity of particles expelled by talking and breathing.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
To combat global warming , masks have elevated CO2 levels only found near the mouth and nose.

Masks have also reduced the level of theft of available oxygen .

However , threads about masks have increased so more CO2 … and hot air

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

edit on 4-7-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
A knowledgeable ATS member just shared an additional threat posed by wearing a mask, if you're already infected by COVID-19 but are (thus far) asymptomatic.

Props to ATS Member "puzzled2": www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Are the hospitals overwhelmed yet?

Oh, maybe next week then.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
What are we to do?
Jack in our jobs??

Do you have a solution?

edit on 6-7-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Something to think about for anyone that thinks that wearing a mask in public and indoors is a political plot by [someone or other] to do [something or other] to make you compliant or whatever it is that they believe wearing a face mask when inside and in public does to a person. This something has to do with lung scarring and what's still very unknown about the long term effects of having scarred lung tissue.

I posted a link and an abstract below [at the bottom of this post] concerning the common permanent impact on the lungs of a progressing asymptomatic bout with COVID-19, but first I want to share what I know about scarred lung tissue and what can happen if you've got scarring on your lungs. My mom had a very mild bout of TB when she was a little girl, and while she coasted right through it, she did end up with a "spot on her lung"; a small patch of scar tissue that was of no concern to the doctors. She started smoking when she was 20 [like most people in her generation, to calm her nerves as a new mother and wife], and that shouldn't have been much of a thing, since a lot of people live lives of normal duration even as smokers [60+ years or so]. She died as a direct result of smoking 21 years later [age 41] and at the time [1973] we - her kids - weren't given a clear diagnosis as to why, other than "her lungs lost their elasticity".

It was 20 years later that the wider medical community learned about a condition called Pulmonary Fibrosis, and that's when I started looking into this disease. It's [basically] cirrhosis of the lungs; runaway scarring that inevitably kills the person who develops it. And, Pulmonary Fibrosis is like cirrhosis in that it develops as the lung's reaction to [1] existing scar tissue in the lung and [2] inflammation within the lung as a result of disease or environmental factors. My mom's death - a result of Pulmonary Fibrosis, as diagnosed many years later - was due to the spot of scarring she'd had since her childhood and the inflammation/irritation of 21 years of smoking. The bitch was that if she'd been free of lung scarring, the smoking wouldn't have killed her so quickly or directly.

As the linked quote below states rather clearly, COVID-19 infection causes a very distinctive scarring of the lungs, even in those patients with no discernible symptoms. The author of the research study [at the bottom of this post] states that COVID-19 produces "Ground Glass Opacities" in even asymptomatic patients . . .

“Ground-glass opacities are very common — we see it all the time and there are many things that can cause it,” says Adam Bernheim, MD, a cardiothoracic radiologist at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. But while GGO’s are common, the ones that are turning up among Covid-19 patients are distinctive. “If we see this very round shape and peripheral distribution, that’s atypical of other types of infections but it’s something we frequently see with [Covid-19],” he explains.

Bernheim has published work on GGOs and other lung effects associated with the novel coronavirus. He says that the presence of these abnormalities among asymptomatic patients is now well established, but the long-term consequences of these lung issues are not fully known.

The Emerging Long-term Complications of Covid-19, Explained

What hasn't been fully associated with the long term effects of this widespread and distinctive scarring is the threat of developing Pulmonary Fibrosis years later, and perhaps [as was the case of my own mother] not that many years later. Thing is that this disease [PF] had been showing up in autopsy for decades before it was ever acknowledged officially and given a name, with some research I found dating back to the early 60's. As a result of the way that the AMA operates, it wasn't available as a diagnosis until the early 1990's, so don't expect to find anyone sticking his/her professional neck out to suggest any future Pulmonary Fibrosis linkage to the GGO scarring damage that COVID-19 inflicts on pretty much everyone that contracts it.

It's about the scarring, not the virus itself, when what you're concerning about is future health threats. And, Pulmonary Fibrosis can be triggered by many different initiators. Could be smoking, could be chemical vapors, could be degrading air quality, could be anything that irritates your lungs; once started, Pulmonary Fibrosis is fast, deadly and incurable. It's a terminal disease, and dying by suffocation isn't pretty. They were treating my mom for stress, depression and anxiety; she was suffocating and no one had any idea what was happening since the loss of elasticity spread widely and evenly across her entire pulmonary system. In other words, you'll probably never see it coming.

Wear a mask. Find one that looks interesting. Maybe someone will get a bright idea and design masks that don't look like the crap we're wearing right now. Just remember that you have to continue to exist after this whole thing has blown over, and what you do right now will determine how good or terrible that stretch will be for you and for anyone that cares about you.

A research paper authored by Adam Bernheim, MD, cardiothoracic radiologist at Mount Sinai Hospital:

Abstract
In this retrospective study, chest CTs of 121 symptomatic patients infected with coronavirus disease-19 (COVID-19) from four centers in China from January 18, 2020 to February 2, 2020 were reviewed for common CT findings in relationship to the time between symptom onset and the initial CT scan (i.e. early, 0-2 days (36 patients), intermediate 3-5 days (33 patients), late 6-12 days (25 patients)). The hallmarks of COVID-19 infection on imaging were bilateral and peripheral ground-glass and consolidative pulmonary opacities. Notably, 20/36 (56%) of early patients had a normal CT. With a longer time after the onset of symptoms, CT findings were more frequent, including consolidation, bilateral and peripheral disease, greater total lung involvement, linear opacities, “crazy-paving” pattern and the “reverse halo” sign. Bilateral lung involvement was observed in 10/36 early patients (28%), 25/33 intermediate patients (76%), and 22/25 late patients (88%).

Chest CT Findings in Coronavirus Disease-19 (COVID-19): Relationship to Duration of Infection

edit on 7/7/2020 by NorEaster because: formatting issues

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   
UPDATE: According to Mayo Clinic, ONLY the N-95 rated Mask is certified to stop the Covid-19 virus from being inhaled.

Source: www.mayoclinic.org...

This survey: www.mckinsey.com... indicates that less than 30% of Americans own/wear an N-95 mask.

So the vast majority of Americans are potentially inhaling and exhaling COVID-19 viruses, even when they're wearing a mask.

Got it?

edit on 7/10/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
What are we to do?
Jack in our jobs??

Do you have a solution?

Live your life as normal, accepting that a new minor killer is amongst us.

Just one more, added to Heart Attack, Pneumonia, Car Accident, Murdered, etc..

7,200 Americans die every single day from something. It will pay us all a visit eventually.

Get the most you can out of life, while you have life.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   

So the vast majority of Americans are potentially inhaling and exhaling COVID-19 viruses, even when they're wearing a mask.
I don't see how wearing a mask of any sort would have any effect on whether someone exhales viral particles. But I'm pretty sure wearing a mask will reduce the number of particles which get into the air and the distance which they are projected.

Pretty sure that will reduce the chances of others receiving an infectious dose.

edit on 7/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Yes but if you have a small viral load and don't even know it.....wearing a mask will increase your viral load.... that's what I have heard...
So wearing a mask will help others but might potentially kill you...lol.

edit on 10-7-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I've heard the claim and it makes no sense.

Viral load, also known as viral burden, viral titre or viral titer, is a numerical expression of the quantity of virus in a given volume of fluid; sputum[1] and blood plasma[2] being two bodily fluids.
en.wikipedia.org...

You only have a viral load if you are infected. If you are infected the virus is already replicating millions upon millions upon millions of times inside your body. At that point it doesn't really matter how many viral particles you may encounter, they would be utterly insignificant to the number being produced in your body.

If you have no viral load, if you are not infected, you are not expelling viral particles.

nymag.com...

edit on 7/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Gonna take this guys science over your propoganda

Thunderfoot goes into detail about the science of masks and how they dont restrict airflow or create C02 build up to dangerous levels
edit on 14-7-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: context

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Buttar? That doctor is on a roll...

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: Allaroundyou

But I will still wear a mask when in public, not for my health but for others.

This is what most people have a hard time grasping, doing something that benefits strangers.

Except it doesn't, beyond a false sense of security.

It is fake. Masks do nothing more than 'feelz'...

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: Allaroundyou

But I will still wear a mask when in public, not for my health but for others.

This is what most people have a hard time grasping, doing something that benefits strangers.

Except it doesn't, beyond a false sense of security.

It is fake. Masks do nothing more than 'feelz'...

False.
Respiratory virus shedding in exhaled breath and efficacy of face masks

CDC:Evidence for Effectiveness of Cloth Face Coverings

But keep peddling your Horse#.

edit on 14-7-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

yeah he is the one being busted, for spreading churned milk

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: burdman30ott6

yeah he is the one being busted, for spreading churned milk

?? is there a story?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It's not rocket science. Wear a mask when you're in an enclosed space with people you don't live with.
Take it off when you're back home or out in the open.
Being a little bit considerate to those with pre-existing medical conditions, who might not fancy dying just yet, is the least you can do for your fellow man.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
But keep peddling your Horse#.

You're the one peddling CDC/WHO horse#...

But feel free to keep your head firmly shoved up your ass, I'll continue to breathe freely and stay healthy...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join