It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - Masks Increase Co2 Levels - You Become Dumber and More Compliant to Authority.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: carewemust

Interesting, so you have decided which media to absorb and which media to ignore, all based on your understanding of the information you are presented with.

When I was a young tyke like you, I more easily believed something if it "sounded right". Now, I have to see evidence. The more the better.

How old do you think I am ?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You might be right, it won't change the way I wear a face mask. I only use them when social distancing isn't possible, where I live that means in the supermarket (which is more about not worrying the elderly citizens really).

Busses are another matter. I ventured out to the nearest town for the 1st time since our lockdown began towards the end of March just yesterday. I wore my mask on both 15 minute bus journeys and in every shop (which were far busier than the small supermarket in my town) and I used hand sanitizer after every shop too.

I'm not one of the people whose lives have changed dramatically through this, I've had to make small changes, like wearing masks, washing my hands after being outside the house every time and using contactless/card transactions more (which I don't like) , I can't say things are too different.

Our lockdown changes next week, I dont anticipate that changing my life much either. I'm staying put until I know it's safe.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If you stretch any further you could potentially circumnavigate the globe.

The reality: restrictive PPE can cause a higher concentration of CO2 around the mouth/nose. Most people do not have a sealing mask (hell, i have too much facial hair to even try). Cloth masks like most are wearing do not concentrate CO2 in enough levels to be noticable. It does increase humidity, however.

The purpose: when you talk, little spit droplets fly out. We've all seen it in the sunlight. The mask catches these droplets preventing them from flying out. Were you to never open your mouth, cough, or sneeze you'd likely not be at risk of infecting anyone.

They don't do much to prevent you from getting sick, and may actually aggregate viruses as non wearers talk (and spit) at you. So there is that.

You don't need science here. You just need some common sense, some basic observational skills, and a willingness to divorce political views from matters that are in no way political.

And that is one of the most common sense posts I've seen about Cocid-19 on here

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Instagram.

While Insta isn't the only place for it...its the flagship of the vapid.

There are channels to propagandize everyone. The simps and pathetic can have their favorite female to post a giant black box. The body image folks get theirs too. The multiletter folks...obviously they are lending support to any percieved injustice no matter how amplified. Even freaking dog rescue pages got involved.

Facebook...you can find plenty of this echo chamber repeating itself. But it does have some right wing arguing mixed in to tamp down the biggest flames.

Twitter...my God...its a wasteland of woke. This is where the most pompous get together in a mutual masturbation of woke. There is some right wing voice there, but its utterly swept under in wave after wave of wokebot retweeting the same inane virtues being signalled ad nauseum.

There is an entire social media out there that provides a perception of majority. And if we are frank, the notion of equality is a majority opinion. But the reality of what is happening...it lays there untouched and covered under layers of dust.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And who is the BIGGEST Twitard of all? You got it, Trump himself.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
N-95 are respirators and are not the type of mask most people are wearing.

The FDA and CDC advise against the use of N-95 masks for the general public.

edit on 28-6-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

" And who is the BIGGEST Twitard of all? "

Well , I would have to say an Obvious Leftist Snowflake Driving Alone in a Car without any AC , and with the Windows Up Wearing a Mask in the Middle of a 90 Degree Late June Day . One just Crashed into a Telephone Pole Down the Street from me . The Onlookers there said the Driver Told the Cop he Passed Out at the Wheel . Just Evolution Getting Rid of the Inferior Hue Mons I guess .
edit on 28-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Instagram.

While Insta isn't the only place for it...its the flagship of the vapid.

There are channels to propagandize everyone. The simps and pathetic can have their favorite female to post a giant black box. The body image folks get theirs too. The multiletter folks...obviously they are lending support to any percieved injustice no matter how amplified. Even freaking dog rescue pages got involved.

Facebook...you can find plenty of this echo chamber repeating itself. But it does have some right wing arguing mixed in to tamp down the biggest flames.

Twitter...my God...its a wasteland of woke. This is where the most pompous get together in a mutual masturbation of woke. There is some right wing voice there, but its utterly swept under in wave after wave of wokebot retweeting the same inane virtues being signalled ad nauseum.

There is an entire social media out there that provides a perception of majority. And if we are frank, the notion of equality is a majority opinion. But the reality of what is happening...it lays there untouched and covered under layers of dust.

Wow i need to join insta if chicks post pictures of their giant box.

Especially if its a black one.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: solve
Theres a million of em out there, no nudity..Instagram models, like being a soldier on Call Of Duty!..lol

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Word to the Wise: If deranged nut-job Nancy Pelosi wants you to do something, DO EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

Like Joe Biden, NANCY PELOSI wants to force everyone in the country to wear a mask.

Nancy Pelosi says today that every American should be forced to wear face masks. However, proving that her position is purely a political division strategy, notice how she is not asked about passing a law that demands it then. The reasoning is simple.

First, Pelosi knows a law forcing Americans to wear a mask would never pass; and even if it did it would be an unconstitutional, and unenforceable demand.

Second, Pelosi would never attempt such a bill because it would put Democrats in a minority position; Americans do not support such nonsense.

Third there is no factual evidence showing face masks prevent COVID-19 spread; even the boxes of masks specifically state: “will not provide any protection against COVID-19.”

Instead, by playing the politics of COVID Pelosi presents the nonsensical face mask issue as a political virtue-signal.
Source: theconservativetreehouse.com...
edit on 6/28/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I fail to see anything in that article that says wearing a mask to run errands is considered "long term". Medical professionals and others foreve have been wearing masks for hours and they're all fine. You wear one for an hour to get groceries and your whole world comes crashing down.

If your employer makes you wear a mask 8 hours a day every day and that's a medical hardship, then you need to talk to your employer. If you're that vulnerable, you probably need not be there.

Bottom line, people are just obstinate and dont want to be told what to do.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jordan77
The thread title is misleading.
The op is quoting about N-95 respirators.........not masks.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Masks do not filter out oxygen, you're an idiot! Stick to your fake Facebook articles.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
N-95 are respirators and are not the type of mask most people are wearing.

The FDA and CDC advise against the use of N-95 masks for the general public.

Here is what investigators are learning...

Most of the media and politicians are strident in their support of enforced mask-wearing, but the science supporting that is thin on the ground.

While the Lancet and Mayo Clinic have produced articles recommending mask use, actual scientific studies are hard to come by.

The only evidence-based review I was able to find is forced to use very soft language in its conclusions. Titled [my emphasis] “Cloth Masks May Prevent Transmission of COVID-19″, it openly admits [again, my emphasis]:

Although no direct evidence indicates that cloth masks are effective in reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the evidence that they reduce contamination of air and surfaces is convincing.
More at: off-guardian.org...

Most tellingly, an increasing number of photos and videos of our mask-advocating Media personalities, Politicians, and Medial "Experts", NOT WEARING MASKS in public locations are surfacing.

This harkens back to the almost empty Emergency Rooms filmed within the so-called Covid-19 Carnage Zones in New York City a few months ago.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Sorry but I don't understand how that answers the post that you quoted?

Your thread title says 'masks'........but your opening post has links and quotes that are only talking about N-95 'respirators'.

I have to wear a surgical mask at work all day....your thread title alarmed me......but you were not talking about surgical masks.......so I was alarmed for nothing.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I use a 3M respirator

3M™ Spray Paint Respirator 6502QL

I am a graffiti artist and use it regularly and for long periods and if anything I have never experienced a loss of concentration etc or shortness of breath or anything like that mentioned in those studies.

I have noticed its saved my lungs multiple times from harmful inhalation of toxic fumes from aerosols
and saved my poor head from pounding headaches from spray paint inhalation

The mask itself is really decent and has replaceable filters , apparently its good for organic gases and water based mists and fine dust.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Yep. That is what your spray paint respirator was designed to do. You're a professional who knows how to use it properly.

It's the increasing push for the entire population to wear face masks to control the spread of a virus that isn't very lethal, that's triggering so much suspicion.

There's no logical reason for it, except to test the sheep for our "compliance" willingness at this time, and to physiologically dumb us down.

edit on 6/30/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
I don't know the difference between masks. I just heard, then found studies confirming that masks increase the amount of Carbon Dioxide inhaled.

Since the studies matched what common sense tells us, I started the thread.

The bottom line is that politicians and TV Experts are pushing it so hard for the 2 reasons I alluded to in the O.P. and in my last post above.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Dr. Anthony Fauci does not want to kill any of his brain cells.

Camera Off = Mask Off: twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Huh. Surgical facemasks were invented in 1897, but face coverings during medical procedures goes back to the civil war and further. So if they have been worn for at minimum for 125+ years, why all of a sudden now they cause breathing problems? And if the affects are so detrimental to ones health, why do medical professionals in all aspects of medicine, and in industries not related to medicine still up to this very second, still wear facemasks? Weird world we live in, all those people wearing facemasks and not dieing or being injured. Must be just chock FULL of super dumb doctors and nurses, ya know, from all the brain cells they killed from wearing masks. That's why I hold my breath now. Can't get me you pesky masks!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join