It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - Masks Increase Co2 Levels - You Become Dumber and More Compliant to Authority.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Friday, June 26, 2020

I don't know the political breakdown, but top health and political authorities in various states are mandating that masks be worn, even when the number of COVID-19 Hospitalizations and Deaths are declining. Here in Democrat-controlled Illinois, wearing a facemask is required, through all 4 phases of reopening the state.

Presidential Candidate Joe Biden said yesterday that we will probably have to wear masks for at least another year, as a "new normal", in order to protect ourselves and others.

All the emphasis and mandates regarding wearing a face-mask, comes from the same "people" who shut down the country over a virus that kills only 1.4% of the people who contract it.

Therefore, it's obvious that "caring about our well-being", is not why political/medical/media authorities want us to wear face-masks for at least another year.

After seeing a medical graphic earlier today showing how masks decrease O2 (Oxygen) levels, while simultaneously increasing CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) levels in the body, it occurred to me that wearing masks long-term, damages the brain....making us dumber and less resistant to orders from authority!

Sure enough, there has been quite a bit of research on the subject, due to so many complaints of mental and physiological problems from workers in careers where masks are worn a lot. (Medical, Painting, Construction, etc..)

Findings Summary from a Study on N-95 face masks:

The results show that above 60% of inspired air is respired air in case I (wearing a mask), compared to less than 1.2% in case II (not wearing a mask).

In conclusion, the N95 respirator trapped respired air within the respirator which increased the VOF of respired air during inspiration. This might be one of the major contributors to elevated carbon dioxide level while wearing N95 respirator.
Full Study: www.oatext.com...=0

MOST IMPORTANTLY...This study explains what happens to us after repeated stints of Carbon Dioxide(CO2)/less Oxygen(O2) Inhalation:

Participants were tested on their cognitive abilities each day at about 3 pm. They were given real life situations (an example of a situation: if you were to be the mayor of the town what changes would you bring to your town) and the answers were later analyzed using software. The nine parameters that the participants were tested were:

• The ability to make decisions at any given time
• The capability to make decisions that achieved the desired goal
• The capacity to pay attention to surroundings
• The capability of completing given tasks
• The capacity to respond to an emergency
• The ability to gather information
• The ability to use the gathered information for the given goals
• The capacity to make decisions using a variety of options along with multiple dimensions
• The capacity of complex thinking

The results of the study were amazing.

Participants experiencing the elevated CO2 levels were found to have significant difficulty with their decision making abilities and thinking capabilities.

So what is the reason behind the impairments of the cognitive ability?

Increased level of CO2 in the blood decreases the cerebral metabolism of oxygen. In simple words, the brain becomes oxygen deprived and has an impact on our thinking abilities.

Carbon dioxide dissolves in our blood and reacts with the water in our blood to create carbonic acid. This, in turn, dissolves into ions of hydrogen and bicarbonate. If there is an increase in the concentration of hydrogen ions in our blood the blood acidity level increases and creates electrolyte imbalance, causing decline in intellectual performance.

With increased CO2 levels, a decrease in the IQ by even 5 points will bring a lot more people into the ‘mentally handicapped’ range, unless corrective action is taken immediately.
Full Analysis at: medium.com...

Another tip-off that the "powers in charge" are working together to dumb us down, is how Google does not let you see the above articles unless you filter out (not show) any search results after 12/31/2019. All the articles/studies this year describe how great face masks are for us! No ill effects whatsoever.

Word to the wise...If there are rules/laws mandating face masks where you live, only wear it when necessary. Save those brain cells. Keep your independent critical-thinking abilities in tip-top shape! (We will need them if our leaders push things too far.)

-CareWeMust

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This actually is something I have talked with my doctor about. But I will still wear a mask when in public, not for my health but for others. This virus is no joke for a small percentage of people. I was almost unable to move and lost a crap ton of weight. I got it back and have increased my workout times each day. But still it is very real so please don’t dismiss this. Please be safe man. I beg you to do so.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Also something I don’t think I have shared yet about getting sick and my doctor is also confused.
Since I’ve been better I have hiccups consistently day in and out followed by burps and foam coming up. I have never been prone to hiccups so this is new and really sucks.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

If you stretch any further you could potentially circumnavigate the globe.

The reality: restrictive PPE can cause a higher concentration of CO2 around the mouth/nose. Most people do not have a sealing mask (hell, i have too much facial hair to even try). Cloth masks like most are wearing do not concentrate CO2 in enough levels to be noticable. It does increase humidity, however.

The purpose: when you talk, little spit droplets fly out. We've all seen it in the sunlight. The mask catches these droplets preventing them from flying out. Were you to never open your mouth, cough, or sneeze you'd likely not be at risk of infecting anyone.

They don't do much to prevent you from getting sick, and may actually aggregate viruses as non wearers talk (and spit) at you. So there is that.

You don't need science here. You just need some common sense, some basic observational skills, and a willingness to divorce political views from matters that are in no way political.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

that increase in huminity is a good thing, as aerosols and small droplets, who tend to cross longer distances, will grow in size and as such, are unable to travel very far, reducing the potential risk of spreading
edit on 26-6-2020 by whismermill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I think these masks are designed to be used for a short specific amount of time.

People shouldn't use a mask all day. But it is mandatory when you work.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

If you are super congested your body recognizes it as a food or solid object and produces more acid to try and help break it down. I've had severe allergies all my life the foam you speak of it is vile breakdown. I constantly get congested to the point I cant get gas out and it manifests as hiccups or sometimes I have to vomit to get rid of it.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
OP doing the dirty work of malign foreign interests, seeking to divide and destabilize the country with anti-science bull# and, worse, putting fellow humans in danger - all for politics.

I mean a fricking mask thread is in the mud pit.

Let that sink in.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Is this why surgeons are so dumb?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

When common sense is politicized, im not sure what to do about it.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
When common sense is politicized, im not sure what to do about it.

We could shut the site down due to declining traffic and revenue.

Oh, wait....

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

All good citizens and decent human beings can do is point and laugh at the raving lunacy of such propaganda in order to prevent others from being enthralled and endangered by it.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Ya it’s kinda like vile that comes up with the burps. I have been running through road aid like crazy. I actually look forward to the burps cause the hiccups sucks man.
Also my farts have increased like crazy but it helps that no one comes over I guess.

I’m not going to correct my spelling cause it’s kinda funny if you read it like I am going through hookers.
But I was referring to the antacid chewable.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Also my farts have increased like crazy but it helps that no one comes over I guess.

You should start a thread in the Mud-Pit about them, it will match the quality level of the preexisting threads.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You would like the edit I just made on my previous post!
You’ll get a kick from it.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

You should start a thread in the Mud-Pit about them, it will match the quality level of the preexisting threads.

You've always been a favorite! I shall miss you most, in the end!
/end Scarlet O'hara melodrama

(still true, tho.)
edit on 6/26/2020 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

People don't want to know, Care. I haven't seen anything about making us dumber, but at the same time, CO2 toxicity does impair cognitive function, so it makes sense.

I do know that many people cannot wear masks due to chronic health issues, and I also know that anyone who is sick and breathes into a mask will re-breathe the same virus cells they exhaled... again and again and again... increasing their viral load, and therefore the severity of symptoms and complications.

There is no doubt that masks will create problems for many people. But too many people don't care what danger they put others in as long as they feelz safe.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

All good citizens and decent human beings can do is point and laugh at the raving lunacy of such propaganda in order to prevent others from being enthralled and endangered by it.

Good to have it confirmed that my very real health issues -- compounded by wearing a mask -- are just a cause for pointing and laughing as you deny science and try to hide from a virus that will find you sooner or later....

Of course masks affect breathability! It necessarily affects your ability to breathe in and out!!! Plenty of published peer-reviewed clinical studies to verify that yes, face masks do cause health issues, ESPECIALLY for people with pre-existing health issues.

And for some, it's a big problem. And for those who do catch the virus, it will be an even bigger problem for those who are infected and repeatedly breathe in the virus cells they've already expired into their masks.

People might ask themselves why they aren't being told about Vitamin D3... Vitamin C... salt water gargles... and the many other precautions people can take to fortify and strengthen their own bodies without putting anyone at further risk or in further danger. Unfortunately, it seems the same people who will put others in harm's way -- AND THEN LAUGH AND POINT -- are the same ones who can't be arsed to even nurse and nurture their own bodies.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I did lol and was brutally honest lol

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

But I will still wear a mask when in public, not for my health but for others.

This is what most people have a hard time grasping, doing something that benefits strangers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join