It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the next four years look like

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yep, and yet people always tell me I'm full of crap when I mention those things.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
If Biden wins this upcoming election?

I didn't place this in the mudpit, because I want serious answers.

I've got my own opinions, which I will share as the thread develops.

To start with I feel like the far left will will vindicated and there will be four years of smugness coming from that.

But maybe they won't feel vindicated. Maybe it won't be enough. Biden doesn't exactly represent what they've been pushing for.

What about all the current investigations into Burisma, Bidens, Obama, and Hillary? Will they just stop? It could continue. The same people will be in the Supreme court.

Will Trump continue to be the target of Democrats and the left?

I don't know. I'm just kind of mulling over things, and would like to read some other people's opinions. Especially if they are more knowledgeable in the matter.

Please no trolling. Also, this isn't about what will happen if Trump wins the election. I just want us to talk about what will happen in the following four years during a Biden/who friggin knows presidency.

It will be scrappy -- depending on how many Democrats take away seats from Republicans in the Senate. Schumer may be the Senate Party Leader and Durbin the Majority Whip, so we'll have a Congress with Democratic majorities in both houses. The bills that McConnell has been sitting on will start moving thorough the chain to be signed or rejected (assuming the limit hasn't passed.) Biden will frequently call congressional leaders to the White House to try and sort things out, but the acrimony will still be there.

HUGE crowd at the Inauguration. Women's marches will continue, but expect more government attention. We will see Biden send messages of support and sympathy to the bereaved. The mood in the country will be acrimonious for a decade or longer.

I expect quicker action on public emergencies (fires in California, etc). Support (and government attention) to Puerto Rico's problems -- and Puerto Rico finally decides whether to become a state or become an independent nation.

Scientists put in charge of organizations like the National Institute of Health. An attempt at increasing the budget for science grants (may not be successful.)

Businessmen removed from being in charge of security and international affairs. We'll be more involved with the UN and with global organizations (so we can wield more global power.)

Biden will go back to the Obama epidemic playbook and will call together governors of all states and start hammering out a pandemic plan (expect pushback from some of them). Most of the currently vacant government positions will be filled. Fauci will be retained.

Twitter will NOT remain as the policy announcement area of choice.

Several loopholes in presidential powers will be hastily closed with a Democrat in power.

Once staff positions are announced, there will be very little turnover for the next 4 years.

As to Trump, he'll be hit by all the lawsuits that were lining up before his presidency... and he'll be hit with all the bills he's run up as well. I expect that he will refuse to pay the rent on the White House (every President is charged rent -- did you now that?) and we will find out that he hasn't been paying the rent there. No major bank will loan him any significant amount of money and Deutsche Bank may come after him on the loans. Several of his properties will enter foreclosure.

Melania and he will separate though they won't announce it. He'll live in Florida; she'll live in Maryland with her parents. When he dies, his kids will get nothing but bills.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, I pretty much agree with everything you've said. I've been telling everyone for years that governors hold more sway than the president does, and for years I've had people tell me I'm wrong.

Well, like I also say all the time. There's what people are legally allowed to do, and then there's what people actually do.

Can I get more specifics from ya though? I want to hear what you have to say.

President is a figure head and can set the tone of for the country. However, it is the Mayor, Governor, City Councils, Congress and Senate elections that actually matter to the everyday person if they want to make real change in their communities.

The president is more than capable of destroying everyone's lives by themselves. Destruction of our economy and causing civil unrest is almost a guarantee under the current Democratic party. Local representation won't make much difference at that point.

It's amazing how many people just don't understand how our system of government works, isn't it?

They act like it's an all or nothing thing, like either the President is all powerful, or all the power resides elsewhere and the President is meaningless.

No.

The President has certain powers. Congress has certain powers. The Courts have certain powers. The States have certain powers.

Power is not concentrated in any one place, nor should it be.

I don't know why this is so difficult for some folks to understand.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: AutomateThis1

IMHO when Trump wins in Nov. the left will burn this nation down with a racial war.

That ain't gonna end well for them.

Nope will cling to my bible and shoot all trespassers regardless of race, creed or color.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: UKTruth
- Covid-19 will magically disappear
- The EU will gain new power of the UK because the US will work with them to shut the UK out of world trade
- Republican targets will be prosecuted on made-up charges and jailed for life. This includes President Trump and his family
- The President will also be financially ruined by lawsuits overseen by activist judges
- General Flynn will be rearrested and go to jail
- He will be one of many people who dared to stand up to the Marxists
- Social influencers online who supported President Trump will be targeted for financial ruin and/or jail
- ALL media outlets not singing the praises of the new left-wing govt will be closed down
- Massive immigration of poor people who will be grateful for just enough to survive and will keep voting Democrat
- All services will begin the journey to state control
- All freedom of expression will be gone
- People will start disappearing in the night never to be seen again and their friends or colleagues will be too scared to speak up
- Most of all, the majority of Republicans and Independents will stay quiet and just accept it so as not to be targeted

- Over a fairly short period of time, the USA will be transformed into a country of very very few elites overseeing 99.99% of the population in poverty, with middle class gone.

They call that “progress”

For the Marxists running riot all over the West, it IS progress.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

It would be interesting to see that happen. That's a good list of pros. Can you think of any cons?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It would be interesting to see that happen. That's a good list of pros. Can you think of any cons?

Just that the general social level of anger and frustration will now swap from the liberals to the conservatives and the infighting is going to make it hard to do anything at all for at least 10 years. Legislatively, this means there will be more liberal judges but they'll be locking horns with a lot of conservative judges with power.

I think the Republican Party will have to spend time sorting out whether it really did approve of Trump or whether he was an aberration and it may well come down to a formal split with a sub-party of the more conservative members (like the Tea Party) showing up.

Oh... and there'll be brawls over the Affordable Care Act that will drag on and on and on. We need a reform of our health care system; coordination at a national level and some downsizing of administrative salaries.

I also expect police reforms, but that (as always) it may be more lip service than actual social engineering.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

2021: Murder Hornets with Covid
2022: Looting Murder Hornets
2023: Murder Hornets toppling statues and placing nooses at sporting events
2024: Mostly sunny with a chance of Murder Hornets

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hell, with those options we may as well just kick the bucket and bring out the big guns.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So, it doesn't really seem like it's worth it, because even though a lot of what you mentioned does sound like a good idea. It doesn't mean it's going to work out the way anyone wants it to.

For every pro that can be brought up for these thing you mention someone else can list a con.

And just because something works fine in one state doesn't necessarily mean it'll work well in all states.

Ugh.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The economy may turn around to pre virus levels, interest rates will go up to make up for the loss. The housing market will slow due to higher interest rates, however home values will also climb, making it more expensive both ways to buy a house. Apartment buildings will shoot up all over including section 8 housing.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
The housing market will slow due to higher interest rates, however home values will also climb...

The housing market will see an increase if interest rates go up as it would finally make sense to move money into it from other investments. Interest rates have been artificially low for too long.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

So, it doesn't really seem like it's worth it, because even though a lot of what you mentioned does sound like a good idea.

Uhm.... what?

"It's a great idea but it's not really worth it?"

I agree that it will make a lot of people unhappy, but I think the net result will be that America, as always, moves forward and recovers from the almost unthinkable.

No progress comes without unhappiness from one side or the other.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yeah, hold on a minute let me go vote for someone who wants to make life difficult for me.

No thanks.

And maybe you should include my sentence you conveniently left out.

Good intentions don't always work out.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

If Biden wins this upcoming election?

I didn't place this in the mudpit, because I want serious answers.

I've got my own opinions, which I will share as the thread develops.

To start with I feel like the far left will will vindicated and there will be four years of smugness coming from that.

But maybe they won't feel vindicated. Maybe it won't be enough. Biden doesn't exactly represent what they've been pushing for.

What about all the current investigations into Burisma, Bidens, Obama, and Hillary? Will they just stop? It could continue. The same people will be in the Supreme court.

Will Trump continue to be the target of Democrats and the left?

I don't know. I'm just kind of mulling over things, and would like to read some other people's opinions. Especially if they are more knowledgeable in the matter.

Please no trolling. Also, this isn't about what will happen if Trump wins the election. I just want us to talk about what will happen in the following four years during a Biden/who friggin knows presidency.

Several loopholes in presidential powers will be hastily closed with a Democrat in power.

There are several questionable points in your prediction but this one really stands out. Do you honestly believe that the democrats are so morally superior that they would rush to eliminate any "loopholes", whatever they may be, and remove a means to gain a greater advantage? Going by their track record (the whole impeachment fiasco, the Kavenaugh hearings, even floating the idea of removing Trump via the 25th Amendment among so many others) this statement is laughable.
"Hastily exploited" would be the correct wording.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I know what I would like to see happen, and thats providing everyone the tools to meet their own needs. Preferably in a way that encourages and enables massive amounts of creation and innovation from the population.

What I am concerned will actually happen is:

The continuing rise of the Woke Cult as not only a state-backed movement, but as "footsoldiers" for the technocracy.

The dissolution and demonization of any real science, medicine, or exploration that goes against the corporate-political Monolith's goals of profit and total control.

The deeper embedding of the notion that systems are accurately described by the marketing, rather than what the systems actually do.

More thought processes that absolve any and all personal responsibility and project inadequacies on the "other team."

Massive increase in centralized control, from businesses and medicine to information and research. Non-compliance will result initially in social blackmail, eventually in incarceration or even death.

The further expansion of perpetual funding machines, eventually perpetual subjugation machines, that exploit peoples ideals and trust.

More and more heated interactions between members of the public about which political pop star(s) will save/doom us all.

Im not sure it matters who is in office, these are decades old plans. I do think that Trump stalls things a bit, whereas with someone like Biden itll be a runaway train.. But it could also be argued that the media can use Trump's presence just as effectively with a slight change of tactics.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: 38181
The housing market will slow due to higher interest rates, however home values will also climb...

The housing market will see an increase if interest rates go up as it would finally make sense to move money into it from other investments. Interest rates have been artificially low for too long.

Yes, that’s right. I was talking for the average first time buyer with not a lot of money saved, not investors.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The only thing we’ll hear out of the White House will be catering to the idea of unifying the country and returning us to some level of “normalcy” for the first 3-4 months.

We’ll see a slew of new social programs and reforms aimed at quelling the racial issues. These programs will, of course, be led by people who only brush shoulders with other rich people who do not interact with common civilians and haven’t in years. They’ll miss the mark but never a paycheck.

I highly doubt we’ll see any mudslinging from Biden, Pelosi or Schumer. In fact, I’d be willing to bet they won’t even use Trump’s name. He will be referred to as “the former administration”. This will mainly be to create the illusion of unification.

The typical pandering.

I imagine Trump will avoid NY like the plague and would most likely take up full time residence in Florida. Going back to a blue state after 4 years of trash talking them, they’re not going to make it easy for him to conduct business there.

The MSM will still report on what Trump is up to, but will, for the most part, not even mention Biden unless it seems he’s undoing something Trump did. Only things deemed as noble or great will be brought up in regards to Biden, with the occasional negative op-ed for “balance”.

Once the country calms down and things are seemingly ‘normal’ again, we’ll see the typical bills passed that upfront, seem like it’s in our best interest, with other language written in that goes in the complete opposite direction, most definitely at the tax payers expense.

I think it will have the same feeling as Obama’s run.

I, too, expect Biden to fall by the wayside of his VP. I’d be willing to put money down that we’ll see more addresses and media coverage of our VP than Biden for the duration of his run, especially towards the time the VP takes over. I expect that the VP will be the counter to Biden’s “calm, rational and experienced” voice and we’ll be given the impression that they create a perfect balance for each other.

Tl;dr-

Lots of cheering and clapping for a couple months, then back to the feeling of the Obama era with a little extra pandering while more and more bills are written that take money out of our pockets. I don’t think anything really ‘crazy’ will happen until a 2nd term, at which point, it’ll most likely be the VP as the incumbent president.
edit on 26-6-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
And I just read that Biden wants to end the online sales of firearms and ammunition?

That's a hard no.

Especially since that will severely impact my future business plans.

Here's some other things that I don't like about Biden:

He wants to ban the sell of "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines."

What's going to be considered "assault weapons" what's going to be considered "high capacity magazines?"

He wants to regulate the weapons and attachments that an individual has already undergone background checks for and already has in possession.

He wants to place in effect a gun buy back program for unregistered "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines." If a person refuses they must register them under the National Firearms Act.

He wants to reduce the "stockpiling" of weapons by instituting the one gun a month policy.

He wants to stop online sells of firearms, parts, kits, ammunition.

Wants to expand red flag laws.

Wants every gun to be a "smart gun"

Wants to make it illegal for an adult to give firearm access to a minor.

That means it will be illegal to teach your children responsible forearms handling and safety.

These are all a hard no for me.

And that's just the firearm policy.

joebiden.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

It will be scrappy -- depending on how many Democrats take away seats from Republicans in the Senate. Schumer may be the Senate Party Leader and Durbin the Majority Whip, so we'll have a Congress with Democratic majorities in both houses. The bills that McConnell has been sitting on will start moving thorough the chain to be signed or rejected (assuming the limit hasn't passed.) Biden will frequently call congressional leaders to the White House to try and sort things out, but the acrimony will still be there.

So you expect the Democrats to take everything right?

HUGE crowd at the Inauguration.

Not going to happen...lol

I expect quicker action on public emergencies (fires in California, etc). Support (and government attention) to Puerto Rico's problems -- and Puerto Rico finally decides whether to become a state or become an independent nation.

Maybe, but I don't think there is a quicker action...same system...

We'll be more involved with the UN and with global organizations (so we can wield more global power.)

Like go back to the Chinese trying to rule the world, good choice.

The ones the Democrats created?

Once staff positions are announced, there will be very little turnover for the next 4 years.

Well at least one, Biden will not last 1 year...

Melania and he will separate though they won't announce it. He'll live in Florida; she'll live in Maryland with her parents. When he dies, his kids will get nothing but bills.

So once Trump is done everyone is going to sue him? Over what exactly...lol

I think his kids are worth about 500 to a billion each, so I don't think they will starve. Biden sure has some murky criminal waters to navigate, so no comments on those?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join