It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all those who are subject to lifelong fear of death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Good news, that's exactly what Jesus came to remedy.

If the reference is Hebrews 2 verse 14.

That's why he came down in the same form that we are in because he didn't want people to have a life subject to lifelong bondage have the fear of death as they went to their walk in life.

So he's the one that invented the bumper sticker you know the ones you see"" no fear""

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

So this verse kind of identifies that Jesus kind of addresses the problem of the people on the Earth having a lifelong fear that nasty death.

He did something about it he didn't do it for nothing
edit on 25-6-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am not scared of dying, but I still take precautions so that I do not have to suffer much before I die. I will use the wisdom I have been given to keep from doing stupid things and paying the consequences.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The fear of dying is rather stupid.

We all are going to.

Why fear something that is going to happen, no matter what you do?

~puzzled~

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Me exactly, too....im too scared of the system.
..Vietnam kinda caught me off

Off something

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No....the generation that doesn't die.....scripture says will be know for eternity....
As the group that never tasted death

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I do not fear death at all except for one caveat; I want to live at least long enough to raise my child and get her through college so she can support herself. This is my most basic prayer.

I do admit I want to live to be 100 plus years years old so that I can see what this crazy world becomes.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I came within minutes of dying in 2005. My last conscious thought was one of just letting go. It is nothing to fear.

The real fear is of the horrific suffering that can happen before you actually die. Thoughts on that?
edit on 26-6-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Death is easy....dying is the hard part because it is painful.

I had my own NDE. It changes your life.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

thanks, i'm cured...

clearly NOT a death cult...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

I came within minutes of dying in 2005. My last conscious thought was one of just letting go. It is nothing to fear.

The real fear is of the horrific suffering that can happen before you actually die. Thoughts on that?
this world is a simulation according to scripture Chuck Missler videos point that out.

But I Died at DFW airport at 1 in the morning.

Hit by a 747 loader I had my head stuck in the back baggage car of my tag.

Just like in the videos you see or some accident happens and there's like a wispy Spirit or something moving real fast From Another Dimension in their saving everybody.

Heard the loader coming but didn't move out of the way it was 1 a.m. .

There was an image imprinted on my eyes or in my mind for about 5 Seconds and it was so peaceful the truck should have been shoved through my body or maybe took my head off but all I saw was that image imprinted on my mind for too long and I knew it was too long but I was enjoying it.

I sat there for 5 seconds imagining how peaceful that image was the rivets in the metal inside the baggage car and it was so peaceful

edit on 26-6-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

There Is No Death for the Believers.

And also there's a generation that will not taste death and they will be known throughout eternity is the generation that never died

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's easy to logically say, "im not scared of death". Emotionally is quite different.

Im not scared of heights. Why would i be? But for some reason when I get close to the edge of a large cliff or building I get a huge gust of uncontrollable fear.

Which brings me to my second point. Jesus may help with dying but I don't think he can take the primal fear away.

I think one has to experience a real feeling of death to not be scared during the moment of bodily death. A sense of ego death through drugs, meditation, or near death experience seems to help.

Just a theory.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

How do i get on that generation?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I assume that, aside from the generation that lives forever, everybody has to become a dead body before they can live forever in spirit, or am I wrong?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Wow. That was some experience.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

How do i get on that generation?

The generation that will not taste death will be Christians who are alive at the time of the 2nd coming of Jesus.
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There are different version of fear of dying in a human.

2 examples:
1 You have the thinking narrative that can have fear of death or not depending on how the mind have prepared itself.
2 You have the unconscious body survival instinct that can be very strong.

People have been known to have experiences where the thinking narrative is totally calm while the body is quivering in fear of what is going to happen.

Some people who go thru a body fear overload come out on the other side of the experience with a amygdala that is functioning in another way than usual. The amygdala pushes positive chemicals all the time so that the person is body calmed and happy in all situations. Increased probability of PSI/telepathy is also known to happen to people who have gone thru this.

Seems Frank Herbert knew this well since he wrote about the experience in Dune:

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

top topics

join