It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists & Journalists Say The Star Spangled Banner Should No Longer Be The National Anthem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Columbus is only evil if you call it evil that a man who set out to go one place accidentally went to another.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I vote for “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot as the new U.S. anthem.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Columbus is only evil if you call it evil that a man who set out to go one place accidentally went to another.

If Columbus hadn’t discovered it, some other European explorer would have. It was only a matter of time. Imagine if it had been ruled off limits to Europeans. China or Japan would be exploiting the hell out of the Americas right now. South Korea wouldn’t be able to resist all that natural wealth, nor would India or a number of Muslim nations (it would seem like paradise to someone from a desert clime).

Native Americans were never going to be left alone forever. Someone from the Old World was bound to find it, exploit it and bring diseases along. History shows that when a technologically more advanced society encounters a significantly less advanced one, it’s usually disastrous for the latter.
edit on 27-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
History shows that when a technologically more advanced society encounters a significantly less advanced one, it’s usually disastrous for the latter.

Which is why we shouldn't be trying to contact space aliens. All that is going to lead to is sometime in the future we'll be ripping a bunch of Zeta Reticulian statutes down.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Not one mention for Black Sabbath’s War Pigs...

No wonder the country is in the crapper. Faeries Wear Boots at least...

Sure there was some Hendrix votes but really if you want to really hit it, Are You Experienced is the way or maybe Castles Made of Sand for a more contemplative anthem.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
First of all F the UK and it's globalist toilet paper it calls news - second of all nothing, see my first statement.

I had the unfortunate pleasure of listening to this woman say we should outlaw all fireworks on the 4th last night, she triggered my hate her guts response, but I smiled and said goodbye (hope you die) j/n/k hope your stupid fat cat eats your face while you sleep and then runs your karen daughter over who is already plotting on selling your house the moment you die or she can put you in a convalescent home, either way I hope you didnt have any soyboys.

r/ant over.
edit on 27-6-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

I hope I have misunderstood your meaning.
edit on 28-6-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Well he's a "great" man in his accomplishments but he did a lot of harm to indigenous people. He should not be celebrated.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Well he's a "great" man in his accomplishments but he did a lot of harm to indigenous people. He should not be celebrated.

There is a growing belief that Columbus was not the first to reach The New World. John Cabot is believed to have got their first. One of the people onboard " The Matthew " Cabots ship was a chap called Richard Amerike.

Does his name sound similar to America ?

And look at his Family Coat Of Arms. Does it look familiar ?

www.walesonline.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: infolurker

A much better replacement anthem would be chop suey by system of a down.

Anyhow I'm numb to all these clowns wanting to erase history, I will simply continue to ignore them.

Lol, singers a bit of a freedom fighter too.

I’d like to submit this one.
It’s called Sam, just stick Uncle in front of Sam and you have it. Easy to sing as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Scapegrace
History shows that when a technologically more advanced society encounters a significantly less advanced one, it’s usually disastrous for the latter.

Which is why we shouldn't be trying to contact space aliens. All that is going to lead to is sometime in the future we'll be ripping a bunch of Zeta Reticulian statutes down.
I totally agree. My hope is we’ll meet our first advanced aliens far from Earth, preferably in another galaxy — assuming we don’t destroy ourselves long before that.

But I suspect life is going to be common throughout the universe (even in the Solar System), and there will be species that became sentient millions of years before homo sapiens. They might seem godlike in their power and technology, and we like amoebas in their eyes.

I don’t know why so many people, including scientists, are eager to advertise our existence. We have no idea what kind of culture an alien species might have. It could be driven by a religion that requires it to kill other sentient species. Or it could be a culture that ruthlessly conquers other species. We just don’t know.

But even if we first encounter a benevolent species it could ruin us. Finding out we’re primitive savages in the grand scheme of things would not help our self esteem. And if we’re gifted with advanced technology, like perpetual youth and good health, or a power source that’s cheap, abundant and pollution-free, we might lose the urge to keep learning and exploring.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: blueman12

There is a growing belief that Columbus was not the first to reach The New World. John Cabot is believed to have got their first. One of the people onboard " The Matthew " Cabots ship was a chap called Richard Amerike.

Does his name sound similar to America ?

And look at his Family Coat Of Arms. Does it look familiar ?

www.walesonline.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...
And it’s known for sure that Norsemen settled a very small part of North America. I wouldn’t be surprised if other Europeans, Chinese, Japanese, Muslims or Africans reached the Americas before Columbus. But he was backed by Isabella, and Spain took advantage of his discovery to exploit the New World.

It was inevitable. Portugal probably would have found the Americas not long after 1492 if Columbus’ tiny fleet had sunk in a storm. The Portuguese would be sailing all over the world in the next few years.

Vasco de Gama’s voyage (1497-1499) to and back from India was “... the longest ocean voyage ever made until then, far longer than a full voyage around the world by way of the Equator” according to Wikipedia. And Magellan’s expedition circumnavigated the Earth from 1519-1522.

edit on 28-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

edit on 28-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ban everything. Forks, trucks, apples, the sky, ban it all, I mean really? What the hell is going on with our country?

Yes, we do need change. But we need to be focusing on things that are of the utmost importance, not cartoons and products.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The Norse got here before that.

The Chinese may have reached the Pacific coast before Columbus, too...though that's quite tenuous. Odds are very good that Basque fishermen were fishing off Newfoundland for decades, perhaps longer, before Columbus.

North America was not unknown.

He was a very late comer in reality.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

This would be a great start.

Pull their US Citizenship, seize their assets and deport the pukes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join