It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists & Journalists Say The Star Spangled Banner Should No Longer Be The National Anthem

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I vote for replacing it with LMFAO's Sexy And I Know It.

It would make enough (edit: skinny jeans Kevins & Karens) tender feelz heads explode that it'd be more than worth it.

I would prefer their song "Party Rock Anthem".

Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
Heh, I've been saying since the day I heard it Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" should be the National Anthem. I get goosebumps still every time I hear it. Star Spangled Banner does nada

I'm going to preemptively say that's racist.

I don't know why yet, but somebody somewhere is preparing to explain it to those not yet offended.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Well if there someone who isn't problematic it's John Lennon.

Surely no one could dig up any bad actions from his past.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Maybe it should be Jimi Hendrix's instrumental of it.He was black didn't own slaves that I know of.

His representation of gunfire shows a time of systemic aggression towards the Vietnamese and could prove to alienate the Vietnamese community.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Well, yeah. Obviously it should be The Internationale.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Nowhere in this song are any allusions made to color, slavery or other cultural phantasms that the Wokees are chasing.

2 of my favorite renditions of Star Spangled Banner:

* Whitney Houston prior to 90' SuperBowl
* other poster mentioned, Jimi Hendrix instrumental at Woodstock

Two phenomenal black artists who performed this "racist" National Anthem. That song has been an audio pallet for many many black performers to be creative with over decades and decades of time.

Unfortunately now that governments and corporations have caved to the Wokees, nothing is sacrosanct, they will go after every iconic historical item and practice they want, with no fear of denial or reprisal.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yet wave…

O’re the Land Of The FREE & the home of the BRAVE!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Replace it with Duetchland Uber Alles. The old school version.

Tell them the song is about inclusivity, they wont even fact check it.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

It's not the song. It's the guy who wrote the song. He was apparently apart of a wealthy slave-owning family who was a racist himself. The historian also claimed he participated in attacks on native Americans and blacks as for some reason the political tension at the time had people doing that.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: carewemust
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled today that President Trump can deport people who are troublemakers.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Send them all to a CHAZCHOP-suitable island, surrounded by sharks.

Can’t wait for it to start happening.
F these assholes.

Why do you hate asylum seekers so much? Most are just look to the u.s. as a means to survive...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

If The U.S. needs a new National Anthem, may i suggest this.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Happiness and ignorance
As long as he can pay the rent
Until the day that freedom's gone

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

It's not the song. It's the guy who wrote the song. He was apparently apart of a wealthy slave-owning family who was a racist himself. The historian also claimed he participated in attacks on native Americans and blacks as for some reason the political tension at the time had people doing that.

It is possible that one can stretch the six degrees of separation backward through time and show that everyone is a racist who must pay for the sins of their forefathers even though those forefathers lived in a different world.
MLK's forefathers were a tribe out of Africa.
All African tribes enslaved captives and some sold them to slavers who then sold them to plantation owners,
MLK's writings are tainted by slavery. Tear down his statues, burn his writings, and remove his name from history

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
My vote for its replacement is mambo number 5.

Its catchy, upbeat and you can dance to it.

Or maybe "take my out to the ballpark".

That way in the slow spots of baseball games when the organ guy starts playing it, all the players and the crowd have to stop, take off their hats and face the flag.
edit on 6 26 2020 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I will NEVER stand for "Imagine" nor place my hand over my heart, etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
I will NEVER stand for "Imagine" nor place my hand over my heart, etc.

They want you to kneel for it and place your hand into your pocket for reparations. Get with the program.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

forefathers lived in a different world.

Slavery, killing others out of hate, racism, and rape were all wrong no matter the age they lived in. Having said that, i agree that we shouldn't throw out every good thing that has immorals attached to its history.

For example, MLK was accused of rape. Should we throw out all the great things he did for the civil rights movement? I don't think we should.

I think the star spangled banner is worth keeping. It doesn't have racist lyrics, nor does it represent racism. Whereas confederate statues and flags represent half the country going away from the union in support of keeping slavery.

I think it comes down to having a level head. We can't start banning everything, nor should we stick our heads in the sand and say everything is fine as is.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
"Imagine" by John Lennon is so blatantly a communist anthem that a 10 year old could understand that. "Imagine" is a utopian dream that is in reality a nightmare. Nice to imagine a world living in peace, but not under some NWO communist dictatorship.

Like drussell41 posted, I too will never stand for that song.

I will participate in the backlash if they get away with that one.
edit on 26-6-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
For example, MLK was accused of rape. Should we throw out all the great things he did for the civil rights movement? I don't think we should.

Absolutely we should, toss his ass. Shoe on the other foot and all.

When someone acts outrageously don't argue with them, agree and then take it to the Nth level.

Augie's Rules for Real Radicals, Chapter 5.

edit on 26-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
"Imagine" by John Lennon is so blatantly a communist anthem that a 10 year old could understand that. "Imagine" is a utopian dream that is in reality a nightmare. Nice to imagine a world living in peace, but not under some NWO communist dictatorship.

Like drussell41 posted, I too will never stand for that song.

I will participate in the backlash if they get away with that one.

John Lennon's " Imagine " would not be a popular choice with either The KKK or Southern Christians. They went beserk back in 1966 when Lennon stated that The Beatles where more popular than Jesus.

Funeral Pyres of Beatle records, KKK death threats and boycotts by DJ's playing their music.

www.motherjones.com...

Then of course we had the Paul McCartney quote about America.

it’s a lousy country where anyone who is black is made to seem a dirty n*gger.

www.the-paulmccartney-project.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join