It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas' Largest Hospital Reaches 100 Percent ICU Capacity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I'm not sure how common it is for ICUs to be filled to full capacity?

A quick google reveals this particular medical facility's ICU is typically filled to 70-80 anyway...

So, this is basically just another fear-mongering story about bad planning and/or implementation.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I'm not sure how common it is for ICUs to be filled to full capacity? The last time I heard about ICUs being full was during the 9/11 attacks. This is a first since then for me.

Houston's Texas Medical Center, considered the largest medical complex in the world, reached 100 percent ICU occupancy Thursday, as Texas continues to cope with a surge in coronavirus cases.

The medical center added that it was seeing an increase in the number of younger patients being admitted.

"Young people tend to be more active in communal gathering, which can further contribute to the spread of the virus," it said. "To that end, we implore young citizens to take it upon themselves to commit to physically distance as much as possible and to wear masks when socializing with one another."

Newsweek

We have heard of the concerns with regards to ICU beds and capacity being limited with the addition of Covid19 patients, and this is the first showing of that. This virus doesn't take a vacation apparently.... Summer doesn't change much. Other reports state 'near capacity';

I really am not sure what to think of this. I mean we've already endured a long enough shutdown and I've seen the consequences first hand of the type of job loss it's caused. On the other hand, we're risking the medical centers being overrun. A buddy of mine who works as a nurse in Dallas told me the other day that they were doing perfectly fine, so looks like this issue isn't quite state-wide yet.

Uncertain times ahead, keep safe ATS.
Currently, 28 percent of the Texas Medical Center’s ICU beds are occupied by covid19 cases, 72 percent other.

It normally has 1,330 ICU beds, with a surge capacity of 2,207 ICU beds. On June 24, 1,325 ICU beds were occupied.

From what I understand, the TMC’s ICUs are often 90-95 percent full. People from all over the world go there for surgery (180,000 annually) and cancer treatment.

M.D. Anderson is the largest cancer hospital in the
world, and Texas Children’s Hospital is also the largest of its kind.

The place is huge: 54 different medical institutions, 21 hospitals, more than 100,000 employees and a GDP of $25 billion — more than many nations. Four medical schools, seven nursing schools and many research institutes. It has more than 9,000 beds.

Some of the best heart surgeons in the world operate there. Michael DeBakey and Denton Cooley were based there; the latter performed two operations on my Aunt Joan. He did the first implant of a totally artificial heart.

The TMC can do up to 10,000 covid19 tests per day, with a 2-48 hour turnaround time.
edit on 27-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

edit on 27-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: corrected error

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
According to Texas Medical Center website www.tmc.edu...

the Center can hold 2207 patients in ICU.
Here is another interesting snip-it;

Notice it says that they are adding an additional 1476 patients that were previously diagnosed!
Figures don't lie, but liars figure.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
At this point, with all the obvious lies about this kind of stuff, my first notion is to think this is probably not even true.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Just play this video from where I start it, for about two minutes. facility administrators are reporting death numbers to the CDC, and the CDC is publishing numbers MANY TIMES more that the administrators gave them. Start at 6:11 and just play for 2 minutes.

edit on 28-6-2020 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The CDC’s “ Best Estimate ” for All Age Groups is about a Quarter of One Percent in terms of the Case Fatality Rate. We know the Median Age of Death from COVID-19 is 80 yrs Old .

The Odds of Someone in their 20’s Dying from it is something like 0.0000000000001% and obviously not without some Extremely Severe Medical Issues . FEAR Mongering at it's Best here ..............

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
is this the texas hospital that the icu is so full they are sending patients to their childrens hospital??? oh for the posters who keep posting that the protestors (democrats of course) were spreading it and it is their fault so why shoiouldn't treump have his rally'

well guess what this guy 55 years old diabetic with a history of strokes and he is a REPUBLICAN he was the leader of the free up open up maryland...he was out there at churches and rallies with a cough protesting for months never wore a mask did not do any distancing....of course he just recently tested positive for covid 19

but guess what this idiot REFUSES to tell the medical people who he has had close contact with... he doesn't give a crap and this disease needs to be tracked and close contacts need to be informed that they were exposed.....the NERVE of this guy...I haven't heard of a single democrat who refused to give that info after testing positive...how many OTHER idiots like this guy are out there???

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

edit on 28-6-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2020 by research100 because: spelling

edit on 29-6-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join