It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas' Largest Hospital Reaches 100 Percent ICU Capacity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Looks like we are working our way to herd immunity.

Doesn't that have to be like 75% of the population infected? I mean reported cases are less than a percent of the population, and that is assuming the reports are correct. Covid-deniers even claim reported numbers are over-reported.

Well nobody said we were going to get to herd immunity fast, but every person who catches it means we are one step closer to herd immunity. You can't beat nature.

We certainly all can't hunker down at home until they create the ever illusive vaccine. We would all be ass broke by then, including the federal, state, and local governments. Let alone all the businesses that would collapse. Then after that the banks from all the defaults/bankruptcies.

Actually there are reports that antibodies stay in the system for 2-3 months so it's a byebye for herd immunity and bye for vaccines

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Actually there are reports that antibodies stay in the system for 2-3 months so it's a byebye for herd immunity and bye for vaccines

Jesus, we'll never get a break from this thing will we?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From the OP

"If this trend continues, our hospital system capacity will become overwhelmed, leading us to make difficult choices of delaying much-needed non-COVID care to accommodate a greater number of COVID patients,"

What....the......actual.......#

I have to say that is one of the most # up articles I've seen in a while.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Can't imagine why an icu would fill up when you brainwash everyone into thinking they are going to die from the flu.

The small business flu.
The silent killer that won't harm you if you pack together in large groups to shop.

Flu... yeah.
www.worldometers.info...

Yeah right , flu. They're still spamming that one .

Pretty soon all of these idiots are going to have to shut their damn mouths . When they contract Corona too probably

At 11 % and that's without the offset of uncounted excess deaths .

They give it 99% survival rate , no links , all while the media are quietly zipped up about the death rate and hospitalisation rate .

Two issues:

1. The Covid Deaths are inflated, not under counted. They still call it a covid-19 death even if it wasn't the virus that killed them, per CDC guidelines.

2. Look at the death rates. They have either held flat or declined (they decline on the graph you reposted) despite the surge in confirmed cases. This means either of two things.
a. There is no surge, but simply much more aggressive testing. Here in FL I can verify that ALF's and longer term residential care facilities are testing everyone now; or
b. The new cases are younger people being infected from gathering more often, but its much more evident that healthier people have much less to fear from the virus.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: timequake

They still call it a covid-19 death even if it wasn't the virus that killed them, per CDC guidelines.

What part of the CDC guidelines? Source?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Yep,

With all the riots... ummmm ... protests and all the complacent lemmings infecting each other we will see records for weeks to come.

Gov. Greg Abbott pauses Texas’ reopening, bans elective surgeries in four counties to preserve bed space for coronavirus patients

www.texastribune.org...

Gov. Greg Abbott announced Thursday morning that he will pause any further phases of reopening businesses in Texas and that he is once again putting a stop to elective surgeries to preserve bed space for coronavirus patients in certain counties that are seeing a surge of COVID-19 cases.

Nice try. A guy on here the other day was saying he was from houston and they have had zero massive riots or protests... so couldn't be the rioters. Must be the "masks are uncomfortable, so you're going to the ICU" crowd.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: MRinder

Can you provide any recent research or evidence of heard immunity happening in humans naturally?

I don't think heard immunity is real unless a vaccine is being used.

Heard immunity is a fallacy however herd immunity in history goes back in one case to the Native Americans getting small pox infected blankets from the now herd immune invading Europeans, who faced small pox for years

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

It's a flare-up, like the North-East states had at first.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

NYC had similar issues in the initial breakout.

Dense population centers are going to have more rapid disease spread. There is some math behind why...but it seems like a fairly obvious statement.

Midland Memorial, in a less densely populated spot, has increased their ICU bed usage from something like 4 to 25 in under a week. The capacity is 30...so they are getting close too.

I think reopening the state wasn't the wrong call. But adding in a bunch of folks milling around in protests about something happening in Minnesota, and it likely pushed it over the edge. Hindsight is 20/20, but were we to have not had all the media frenzy, we likely wouldn't have seen the spike to this degree. You can only forecast what you have awareness of.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: 99problems99

a reply to: 99problems99

I bet 80% of the other hospitals are still empty. remember all videos on youtube?

I watched a video on youtube the other day telling me George Bush and Queen Elizabeth were Lizards. There are millions of videos out there about all manner of things.

And I am sure if CNN had reported it you would have taken it as gospel.

You have *another* new propaganda proxy account, CWM?

FACT TIME!

www.newsweek.com... is owned by DEMOCRATS.

www.newsweek.com... says 72% of the ICU beds are occupied by NON Covid-19 patients.

The most recent report from the advisory council showed 660 ICU beds available throughout the region, but according to the NCTTRAC, that number includes intensive care beds for pediatric and neonatal patients. When those beds are removed from the count, the current number of ICU beds for adults drops to 392.

The Hospital referenced in the OP may be the LARGEST in North Texas, but considering there are only 660 ICU Beds in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Plano (north Texas) area, 28% of ICU beds occupied by Covid-19 patients is NOT many COVID-19 patients.

Furthermore, in North Texas, there are just over 8 million people.
There are 5,867 ACTIVE Covid-19 cases as of June 25th.
Source: txdshs.maps.arcgis.com...#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83

The media using a lot of percentages, because "400% increase!", generates more fear than "ICU Hospitalizations rose from 100 to 400."

If you haven't noticed, the U.S. media's #1 job this year has been to generate FEAR and ANGER amongst the sheep. Thankfully the number of people with sheep-mentality is shrinking daily.

People are starting to think for themselves, and do what we think is best, because the Media is owned and operated by Domestic Terrorists. NEWSWEEK is right in there with 90% of U.S. media who FEAR President Trump, and want him out of office.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It sounds like cognitive dissonance to me. This is not about Trump. Too bad he can't understand that.

Yes, it's worse in some areas. That's the way it works. So, when the beds are used up there, just send people to the hospital over there?

Cases nationwide are on the rise. Dramatically. There are more people getting sick. This means more people will be hospitalized. The more who get sick, the more will require hospitalization and the more will require IC.

edit on 6/26/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Digging in your heels doesn't work when you are wrong though.

Yes, you are correct in your assessment of statistics.

I think the issue is that we want to make sure that maintain plenty of beds for use. That is all. Folks will get sick, we need to have capacity to treat them.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Can't imagine why an icu would fill up when you brainwash everyone into thinking they are going to die from the flu.

The small business flu.
The silent killer that won't harm you if you pack together in large groups to shop.

Flu... yeah.
www.worldometers.info...

Yeah right , flu. They're still spamming that one .

Pretty soon all of these idiots are going to have to shut their damn mouths . When they contract Corona too probably

At 11 % and that's without the offset of uncounted excess deaths .

They give it 99% survival rate , no links , all while the media are quietly zipped up about the death rate and hospitalisation rate .

Two issues:

1. The Covid Deaths are inflated, not under counted. They still call it a covid-19 death even if it wasn't the virus that killed them, per CDC guidelines.

2. Look at the death rates. They have either held flat or declined (they decline on the graph you reposted) despite the surge in confirmed cases. This means either of two things.
a. There is no surge, but simply much more aggressive testing. Here in FL I can verify that ALF's and longer term residential care facilities are testing everyone now; or
b. The new cases are younger people being infected from gathering more often, but its much more evident that healthier people have much less to fear from the virus.

shhhhh

people like dr blue bullsnip and others supporting this farce (to include most of main stream media) dont believe in facts.

just keep spewing emotional rantings.

scrounger

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   

a reply to: timequake

They still call it a covid-19 death even if it wasn't the virus that killed them, per CDC guidelines.

What part of the CDC guidelines? Source?

you seriously asking this question when you have google at your fingertips?

well let me answer your question

here is the link from the CDC ITSELF

www.cdc.gov...

but let me show how lazy and foolish your post is

here is the exact quote from that site

COVID-19 deaths are identified using a new ICD–10 code. When COVID-19 is reported as a cause of death – or when it is listed as a “probable” or “presumed” cause — the death is coded as U07.1. This can include cases with or without laboratory confirmation.

but notice the last part.... "This can include cases with OR WITHOUT LABORATORY CONFIRMATION"

now if you care to go further down the rabbit hole there are cases in PA where the death certificates are being changed due to the inflation of covid death counts...

no I am NOT GONNA give you link

i think you can look that up for yourself

scrounger

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It sounds like cognitive dissonance to me. This is not about Trump. Too bad he can't understand that.

Yes, it's worse in some areas. That's the way it works. So, when the beds are used up there, just send people to the hospital over there?

Cases nationwide are on the rise. Dramatically. There are more people getting sick. This means more people will be hospitalized. The more who get sick, the more will require hospitalization and the more will require IC.

you are correct more people are gonna get sick...

yes some are gonna need hospitalization..

but NO there isnt gonna be "more people will be hospitalized"

need i remind you that

80 percent or greater show no signs or so minimum that medical care (like hospitals) are not needed or they get tested?

that 99.8 SURVIVAL RATE

or that even this article showed THAT MOST ARE NOT COVID CASES.

hell even at the "hot spots" like NYC no one died because of lack of hospital space or lack of ventilators (notice how that claim just disappeared down a memory hole)

that the built hospitals for the "model predictions", the spaces rented (like McCormick in chicago il) , and even in the hospitals themselves (due to all elective procedures postponed ) WERE NEVER USED.
the medical ship in NYC only saw 50 PEOPLE TOTAL OVER THE WHOLE STAY.

that hospitals are LAYING OFF PEOPLE (btw who could be used for treating people) due to lack of business.

enough with the "we are gonna run out of bedspace" crap... its disproved over and over..

repeating it isnt gonna make it fact

btw what happened to all that need for refrigeration trucks for "the massive dead"?

that memory hole is quite busy isnt it

scrounger

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here's the sad part (for those who don't know, Dallas is in Texas):

These people don't need to be hospitalized. And definitely don't need IC if you don't let it get to that point (and treat them with HCQ + quality care, the right way, on time, as early as possible).

Context:

Is there REALLY a shortage of Hydroxychloroquine? part 1 Doc Talk with Dr Ban Episode 31
edit on 26-6-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The Lt. Governor said they have 7200 ICU beds available and only 1400 are being used. He also ripped Cuomo a new one for being such a lying POS for N.Y. youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The Lt. Governor said they have 7200 ICU beds available and only 1400 are being used. He also ripped Cuomo a new one for being such a lying POS for N.Y. youtu.be...

Yeah that was invigorating, TX is massive and we have the resources despite the fear mongering.

***The Liberal Media is at War with America, DO NOT CONSUME.
edit on 26-6-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: Mandroid7

People in the ICU aren't brainwashed they are very sick/injured. What the f#$! is wrong with you?

I wonder why I get called on ER runs...if "it's only that guy who doesn't believe he's exposed. Just leave him"...

EMT

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join