It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Unsolved Mysteries' reboot coming to Netflix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
one of my favorite tv shows back in the day. Cant wait to see what netflix does with it !

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I hope they do the old show justice. I loved watching it, and will give this a shot.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I am stoked about this! But Robert Stack's narration cannot be replaced. It was what made it. When they rebooted with Dennis Farina I couldn't handle it. I need Stack.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Cant wait to see what netflix does with it !

Judging by all of the other Netflix-produced propaganda they will include as many "anti-white people" undertones as they can and the show will be riddled with sexual "freedom" and forced LGBTQ themes & characters *shrugs*

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I was just watching these the other night. I think they’re already on amazon prime or Hulu. Those are the only other streaming services I have other than Netflix.

Nevermind, I thought you were taking about the original tv series.
edit on 25-6-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Tonight, on unsolved mysteries...
Miss that narration

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I am stoked about this! But Robert Stack's narration cannot be replaced. It was what made it. When they rebooted with Dennis Farina I couldn't handle it. I need Stack.

They couldn't find a suitanle replacement, so they went in a different direction with no narrator, and more of a creepier Dateline-esque feel.

There's just 1 story per episode, and instead of a short retelling + narration, each episode is a deep dive.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if this run of episodes actually brought out information from someone that solved one of the disappearances.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I was just watching these the other night. I think they’re already on amazon prime or Hulu. Those are the only other streaming services I have other than Netflix.

Nevermind, I thought you were taking about the original tv series.

It was on Prime, but in the last week or so it’s no longer available — I pushed through the first 3.5 seasons and Monday I go to pick it back up and it’s only available for rental.

Nice to see a reboot...fingers crossed it’s not a mis-mash of old cases and updates.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i agree with you about Robert Stack. Can never replace him. love Keith Morrison's voice from dateline. He might do it justice.
a reply to: chelsdh

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

I watched some last night. Both were unsolved murder mysteries, pretty interesting. Looks like they decided to go without a host and just present the stories, which is kind of a bummer. Not the same vibe as the original show at all.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I noticed a cool nod to Robert Stack in the intro-

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

The first 6 episodes in Volume 1 were solid. The “Greater Barrington UFO” episode is the best — of this installment — at least, IMO.

And, yes, it’s just not the same sans Robert Stack. His diction, delivery and sincerity can’t be rebooted 😢

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i cant be the only one that thinks the husband is guilty as hell in the second episode

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

100%. There's more evidence online if you look around.

He made a big show the day she went missing of going a pretty long way to get gas at the same time she was being kidnapped. There's more, but he knew what he was doing I think.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I was super bummed that there was only one episode dealing with paranormal stuff. But that one episode was great! I also really liked the one about the French family. Very sad, though.

new topics

top topics

join