It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Not Alone In Your Empty Act Of Defiance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Did you watch the first video of Orange County ? Did any of you come away thinking these people were of sound judgment ?

This is California in a nutshell. Seattle is even worse... Are these people you would take seriously. Or buy a used car from lol....

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Armchair epidemiologists don't like looking in a mirror.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."

An Overview of the Dunning-Kruger Effect

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a type of cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are. Essentially, low ability people do not possess the skills needed to recognize their own incompetence. The combination of poor self-awareness and low cognitive ability leads them to overestimate their own capabilities.

edit on 25-6-2020 by MarkOfTheV because: Darwin Quote and Link

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Notice the spread as cities open up and people cast of safety ...! Todays news and every day for the for seeable future

Notice the protesting that is going on that is not being pushed back by the governors of these states that have these mandated mask orders.

Not only that, they're actively coming out with fake "reports" that "prove" the protests didn't increase infection rates, which is impossible if everything we've been told about the virus is true.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

Armchair epidemiologists don't like looking in a mirror.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."

An Overview of the Dunning-Kruger Effect

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a type of cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are. Essentially, low ability people do not possess the skills needed to recognize their own incompetence. The combination of poor self-awareness and low cognitive ability leads them to overestimate their own capabilities.

This explains all the progressives in my social media feed that think they're so much smarter than everyone else.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Not only that, they're actively coming out with fake "reports" that "prove" the protests didn't increase infection rates, which is impossible if everything we've been told about the virus is true.
a reply to: face23785

Oh yeah you are so right!!

Cases are going up but we want you to know that its not from the protest. It must be from the people are not wearing mask.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I toyed with idea too.

There is something that we are missing here. The spiel: "Masks don't protect you, they protect others from you." I know that I am not sick, so why do I need the mask? It provides me with no protection from the infected. I am not sick or infectious, so I am not spreading it, so ......

Why would a system want all of its citizens to walk around in masks, which can be used as a disguise. Especially when they admit that is limited in its efficacy? Especially now, when there are supposed thugs and gangs in the street destroying cities and towns. Is this a time you want to demand your citizens to go legally unrecognizable?

What are they hiding in our faces? We all know on a visceral level that nothing is right about these rules being made under the canopy of a virus. If I am going to die, I rather take my chances with God and nature. I am not taking some questionable solution generated under the name of "Project Warp Speed", containing a virus that they claim is "novel", that they admittedly know little about, and which they have no cure. You have to be already dying, or just plain insane, to allow such a concoction to be forced onto the people of this planet.

Time to cash in this pony. The lies are getting old and too weak to keep enough people riding this train.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I just hope it rains

And these stupid people suffocate in there masks

Just became mandatory hear

if the fire sprinklers go off in wallmart well get out first mass indoor drowning

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
I just hope it rains

And these stupid people suffocate in there masks

Just became mandatory hear

if the fire sprinklers go off in wallmart well get out first mass indoor drowning

You hope they die because they wear masks?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: TheGhoul
You used the word empty. Like there is absolutely no facts or information on the truth that these masks are not for viruses.....

They are meant to catch droplets. That's it, and they do work. This virus is spread by droplets.

Feel free to catch your own droplets, we don't have COVID or we've already had COVID. Better yet, a surefire way to not get COVID is to bury yourself inside your house, make sure to duct tape the windows and doors.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There is something that we are missing here. The spiel: "Masks don't protect you, they protect others from you." I know that I am not sick, so why do I need the mask? It provides me with no protection from the infected. I am not sick or infectious, so I am not spreading it, so ......

Sorry, but that's just dumb.

Quite simply, you don't know if you are sick or not at any given point until you develop symptoms

Asymptomatic Carrier

Coronavirus Incubation period

According to a recent report, more than 97 percent of people who contract SARS-CoV-2 show symptoms within 11.5 days of exposure. The average incubation period seems to be around 5 days.

I don't get why people don't understand this stuff.
edit on 25/6/20 by neformore because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Sorry, but that's just dumb.

Quite simply, you don't know if you are sick or not at any given point until you develop symptoms

Asymptomatic Carrier

Coronavirus Incubation period

According to a recent report, more than 97 percent of people who contract SARS-CoV-2 show symptoms within 11.5 days of exposure. The average incubation period seems to be around 5 days.

I don't get why people don't understand this stuff.

How do you know if you are tested today and are negative, that if you were tested tomorrow you could be positive? Do all the people who have recovered and have a positive anti-body test still need to wear masks? If so, why?

And last but not least, I am not responsible for protecting you from getting sick, you are responsible for protecting yourself from getting sick. You could go around licking toilet seats for all I know.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Coincidentally or rather logically asymptomatic people are less contagious than what was once believed. Who woulda thunk if you not coughing or emitting bodily fluids everywhere you are less likely to spread it.
edit on 6/25/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Death rates don't support the panic.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

My dad continually displayed the same kind of ignorance and would regularly say "I just don't get this whole thing"

He's irritated by wearing masks, and just seeing news reporters wear masks gets him going.

He's also a total introvert, doesn't read much, likes the liquor, and gets all his information from "being a news hound". He is largely alone and only sees the world from his own, small bubble. No travel, very few friends. Doesn't go out at night. Etc...

-----

Seeing these responses is no shock... how can you be well informed if between Doom and Flight Simulators you post on ATS 12 hours a day? Sounds like an introverted-hermit lifestyle to me... probably not someone worth getting information from. And probably not someone with a well rounded world view. Maybe when they were active they had a sense of things, but not anymore. It's just a screen and a keyboard for them now.

And an armchair.

-----

So much talking out of both sides of their mouth...

"The government can't tell me to wear a mask. Why doesn't the government tell these protesters to go home because of COVID spread. "

"Government can't infringe on my rights. Why isn't the government infringing on these peoples rights?"

-----

a reply to: Mandroid7

450,000 deaths in 6 months. Only 100 for the first two months, the rest in the remaining 4.

These numbers aren't "normal" and you are totally delusional if you think they are...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Psh...lmao
The numbers
Yeah let's talk about the numbers.

There ARE no real numbers.
Deaths have been falsified.
Tests have been inaccurate, on top of the actual tests testing positive.

If it is real, the gov wants you infected.
Forget the zionist owned media trying to cause civil unrest.
If it is real the actions of the gov speak louder than words.

If it is real...
Shutting down small businesses while stealing tax dollars to give to corporations while concentrating the population into Walmart, Lowes and
Home Depot shows an actual ill intent to spread it.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I know that I am not sick when I have spent 45 days in my house in isolation and I have not come in contact with any living things outside of my home.

If 14 days is the time they are giving for the virus to run its course, then there is no way that I have, or can spread a virus, after 45 days in isolation.

Unless, what they are telling us is not true. If that is the case, then it makes no difference, because even spending the rest of your life in isolation and wearing a mask, will yield exactly the same results. If one hundred percent of the population gets the virus 98% still survive, according to their facts.

Since I don't want to spend the rest of what time I have left in isolation or behind I mask, I am willing to take my chances. For those that wish to stay in isolation and to wear a mask, I support their decision and will assist them in any way I can.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Some real wizards coming out making some real sound arguments as usual. Sounded more like Reagan let the mental patients out again. Good lord Americans can be idiots. "Citizens arrest"!

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

And still probably a grain of truth hideen in the red pill overload.
Everyone knows something isn't right.
They will grab onto anything.
And she is dead on about gov officials turning on the people.
There is a hail mary going on to maintain power.

Now why would you find the dumbest interview you could to represent the side of freedom?
Pretty suspicious.

There are a ton of doctors calling it bs overreaction and being silenced.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Added3

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

a reply to: okrian
Now why would you find the dumbest interview you could to represent the side of freedom?

You just outed yourself for knee jerking and not reading the OP

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Great non-response

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join