It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reducing a person down to their worst qualities, and judging them on that forever.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Now let's ban the "Star Spangled Banner".

Rationale?

Francis Scott Key was born into a wealthy slave-holding family and eventually become close to Andrew Jackson ... the "Donald Trump" of his time (duh, DUH, DUHN! - you knew there was a connection), so there is a lot of violence connected to it.

This man's suggestion is John Lennon's "Imagine" because it's "powerful" and "unifying". Nevermind that Lennon also called it a song that's virtually the Communist Manifesto, and I don't like that it's a song based on the word "no" which makes a song of negatives about all the things you can't or aren't supposed to have.

It's supposed to make you free and happy, but some of those things like faith I need and would be greedy for.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I say, that for every statue they remove, they should put one up of President Trump.

...Not because I'm Pro or Anti-Trump. I just wanna see the mob cry. I drink liberal tears. They are delicious.

Fools.

edit on 25-6-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: ketsuko

Change to WHAT?

For one, accepting when things are wrong.

For example, sexual abuse has been just swept under the rug for so long. It's a little sick when you think about it.
This is the first generation that I'm seeing actual concrete change. I'm not saying there isn't abuse associated with the me-to movement, but I think the change is for the better.

I've talked to soooo many older ladies about this. I was shocked what I heard. Back then rape was just I hate to say it, accepted.

I get what you are saying. You're talking about wiping out sexual abuse entirely, which is impossible. It's a crime. You can protest crime all you want. won't stop people from breaking the law.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The dude couldn't even pick a song by an American - what a doofus.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

I see your location as “Dunn, NC” — what’s your take on the push to demolish the Market Place building in Fayetteville?

If you were watching the riots a few weeks back, did you see that idiot that lit himself on fire, attempting to burn it down? Truly classic.

This is from the OP:

I am close to Fayetteville, NC. In the center of town there is a landmark. It's called the market house. It's the center of a roundabout. When I arrived here for my first duty station in the USAF, I noticed it and asked about it. It's where slaves were sold, as well as other things, it what I was told. And from that point forward, every time I see it, I think about that. Maybe not ever to the degree of others, but I see it and it's on my mind. If it's removed, I won't ever see it again, and likely will forget about it quickly.

This is one monument I won't argue with about it's removal. I think it's important to remind us, but I also understand the alternative point. I just wish there could be some dialog about all this before some angry mob lawlessly acts on their emotions.

And I am all for "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". Or as the kids call it, Karma.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

t qualities, not the best. I have yet to hear anyone step into that argument, but it's a valid one at least in my mind. I in no way wish to remove MLK from historical reference, But then, I really don't want to see all the other art work removed by a mob in the dark of night.
Right! Because who gave them the exclusive right to decide that for all society. Are they the “Deciders” now for everybody ?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yah, “ and no religion too”...strange for a guy who went to see the Maharishi and put the Hindu religion out there for fans of the Beatles. I suspect only George Harrison was the only initiate of the group.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reducing a person down to their worst qualities, and judging them on that forever.

If someone commits heinous acts, they can be redeemed.
Unfortunately, some with 'personality disorders' apparently persist, due the afflicted having no insight into their condition.
People do make 2D caricatures of each other which I think is a very toxic and divisive.
'you crazy', 'you commie', 'you nazi' 'you redneck' .
According to 'science', the main feature of the aforementioned 'personality disorders' is 'black and white' thinking, and lack of object constancy., typically due to early childhood trauma.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Bluntone22

We can't judge people of the past with modern sensibilities and expect them to measure up

exactly. Nobody would make the cut. So we have to either accept that we all have flaws, or we judge everyone equally. That means everyone EQUALLY, not some more EQUALLY than others. (animal farm)

I think letting the mob get away with lawless behavior and in most cases, even cheering it on, will bite us really hard in the ass really soon. And while the MSM is to blame, who holds them accountable? nobody.

Right? By their logic the pyramids must be disassembled, Mexico Belize and Egypt, the temples of Athena, Nike and the karyatides on the Acropolis not to mention Athens greatest temple today, the temple of Ephaistos...they built with slaves, the great Wall that's gone...the empire State building killed like a hundred blue collar poor men, I'm sure pretty much everything in London and Rome given their building on the invaded lands people and wealth of others, Mary Tudor burned a lot of innocent people her grave needs to be desecrated, the Giaconde and her family owned serfs, white slaves, so someone needs to throw red paint on it even if it is considered the greatest piece of art ever created...she must have been racist against non Italians or poor people so commemorating her infuriates me since I am so we'll educated and have any business deciding for everyone on my teenage extremely limited knowledge of the world and narrow viewpoint as I have yet to have any experience built up on life. Where does it end!?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I can see the idea of tearing down monuments of people that don’t represent our national culture anymore.

Although there is a problem with liberals these days. They have been trying to dehumanize people simply for liking controversial tweets, that’s how picky they are now.

Back in the day, I was more conservative than I am now and went to a liberal arts college wher the students (not faculty) often harassed me and didn’t treat me as the valuable individual I was.

It is true that you don’t want to become a target of the libs! They will not judge you fairly or accurately.
edit on 28pmSun, 28 Jun 2020 17:59:35 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Right? By their logic the pyramids must be disassembled

By George, I think you've got it! Just need to convince them..pyramids 1st..should keep them busy for 50 or so years.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I dont know why we have this obsession with making statues of people in the first place.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join