It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle is getting sued for allowing CHAZ/CHOP

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
CHOP Zone Businesses Sue Seattle City Leaders in Class Action Lawsuit – Their Neighborhood Is Unsafe

Yeehaw! Business and apartment owners in the Capitol Hill area have filed a class-action lawsuit against the city of Seattle for failing to provide essential city services (like police, fire, and EMS) by allowing CHAP/CHOP to take over the area.

I wish them well.

edit on 25-6-2020 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The people who allowed it in their own neighborhood are at fault. Heck, I'm sure many of them supported it at the start. They should be taking their grievances to their new overlords.

Just proves you can't rely on the government to fix all your problems.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

do you mean there are repercussions for breaking the law? I had no idea that was even a thing anymore.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

HAHA 🤣

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Suing them isnt good enough.

The commies need to be taken out .

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The protesters are not the only ones who have rights in this country. You have to remember, we all have rights. A peaceful protest where the protesters do not block streets off and damage anything is allowable, but many of the people even doing supposedly peaceful protests are damaging property of people who had nothing to do with what they are protesting against.

We have protestors screaming at people around here and hitting people's cars with their signs, those people are just on their way to the grocery store or on their way to someone's home or to work. They did nothing to hurt anyone, why are people hitting their cars because they are passing bye at five miles an hour...that is civil unrest, not peaceful protesting. I know some people who had their cars hit by signs, they were pissed, they worked hard to pay for the car....they cannot afford to be paying the deductible on the insurance to get the dents and scratches fixed.

They were jumping on the hood of the police car and whacking it with signs too, our cops are not the kind of cop that killed that black guy in Minneapolis. The taxpayers here have to pay to have that damage fixed, the chaotic protestors are blind to that, they are fools. I can see having a civil protest, but chaotic protesters love those protests, it gives them the ability to destroy things without getting punished. They love getting away with destroying things.

Those who see this protest as necessary, please read what I say, try to make sure to kick out the protesters that are chaotic and like to damage other people's properties, but beware....if you kick them out, these chaotic protestors might go key your cars or flatten your tires because they just love creating havoc, it does not matter who they hurt, they like to inflict chaos. Don't protest unless you can control the protest, protests attract chaotic people who do not respect others.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

The people who allowed it in their own neighborhood are at fault.

yeah and no.

you do realize that the area was swarmed with chazies from the start right? then it wasn't but a couple of days if that long, that the raztard guy starting setting up check points and patroling the streets with armed chazies.

the only option they would have had is to go into the area armed and risk starting a firefight.

then what would have happened to them?

2 most likely out comes would have been, killed by chazies, or charged with murdering the chazies. not much of a choice.

would i have taken the chance, not sure. but you can't blame them for not wanting to.

edit on 25-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

If they had defended it properly from the start it would have never come to this.

Just ask the Rooftop Koreans of 1992.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

What the hell did the city think was going to happen? They're also providing them with porter potties, taking care of their trash, honestly what in the actual F?

Mayor is a terrible leader and a liar at that. I hope she goes down for this and this sets precedent for other bad actors who want to create "AUTONOMOUS ZONES" elsewhere. This has to stop

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

times are not the same as back then and circumstances are completely different. plus chances are it happened so fast that there was no time to react thay way. t
plus the Koreans knew they were coming and that the police left the area.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
According to this, CHOP is going home, declaring "success".

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

How convenient. Lawsuit? Screw you guys we're going home.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ya know....if Seattle wasn't so cucked they could easily amass a task force, surround "CHAD" and proceed to arrest every single person entering the Police station and private businesses for trespassing.

Ya know....what they would do just about any other nation in the world.

But....racism is a health concern 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

This is a good start... I think they also have a legitimate case against the Feds as well, for not enforcing their Constitutional right to a republican form of government.

Article IV, Section 4, US Constitution

And I don't think anyone would disagree that CHAZ/CHOP is nothing close to that.

It seems to me that correcting this would be a reasonable use of federal force by Trump, even if in direct defiance of local officials who are failing to uphold their duties to guarantee a republican form of government. And should have been done already.

I can't help but think how differently the Oregon Standoff with the Bundys et al was handled...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

If times are not the same then whose fault is that? The electorate who voted for the changes, good or bad.

Protests started on May 29 in Seattle.
The police were barricading the station by June 7.
CHAZ/CHOP was declared on June 9.

Plenty of time to see it coming, especially with what had already transpired in Minneapolis at that point.

Stop making excuses for poor choices and a will to act.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

This is a good start... I think they also have a legitimate case against the Feds as well, for not enforcing their Constitutional right to a republican form of government.

Article IV, Section 4, US Constitution

And I don't think anyone would disagree that CHAZ/CHOP is nothing close to that.

It seems to me that correcting this would be a reasonable use of federal force by Trump, even if in direct defiance of local officials who are failing to uphold their duties to guarantee a republican form of government. And should have been done already.

I can't help but think how differently the Oregon Standoff with the Bundys et al was handled...

the use of federal force is EXACTLY what was wanted there. The left was hoping upon hope that Trump would use that option, then they could call him a dictator and use that in campaign adds. By leaving them to their own idiocy, he subverted that plan I think. And now the mayor and Governor look like total fools to the world, as well they should.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

So what it seems is that this was a minor spectacle for the rest of the country, and an inconvenience for folks with residences and businesses in the area. I hope they win their lawsuit and are fairly compensated for the hassle.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

the use of federal force is EXACTLY what was wanted there. The left was hoping upon hope that Trump would use that option, then they could call him a dictator and use that in campaign adds. By leaving them to their own idiocy, he subverted that plan I think. And now the mayor and Governor look like total fools to the world, as well they should.

Well, as awesome possum as that may (or may not) work out for Trump's political career, it's a dereliction of his duty as Chief Executor of the law and the Constitution, and at the ever increasing expense of real people with real lives and real needs.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The mayor should be brought up on charges for accessory to murder for her inaction resulting in the murder of a black man. She and the city should also be sued civilly for the murder by the family of the dead BLACK MAN and by the 3 other BLACK shooting victims!

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

How convenient. Lawsuit? Screw you guys we're going home.

The city's being sued, not the CHAZ terrorists
edit on 25-6-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join