It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Nice!

The doubters will say it doesn't prove anything. This nice poem, and prophecy fulfilled are all that is needed for someone truly seeking the truth.

Sadly, most have made up their minds and are blind to any truth not conforming to their preconceived reality. And what a dim reality it is. No moral authority. No meaning to life. No life after death.
Biggest reason, no reason to repent or hold themselves to a higher standard.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

Nice!

The doubters will say it doesn't prove anything. This nice poem, and prophecy fulfilled are all that is needed for someone truly seeking the truth.

Please tell me what it proves?

Sadly, most have made up their minds and are blind to any truth not conforming to their preconceived reality.

Tell me about it!

No moral authority. No meaning to life. No life after death.

If it helps you sleep at night, then carry on believing in fairytales. It's really up to you, as long as you do not hurt anyone, that it your right.

Ok

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Nice!

Please tell me what it proves?

Sadly, most have made up their minds and are blind to any truth not conforming to their preconceived reality.

Tell me about it!

No moral authority. No meaning to life. No life after death.

If it helps you sleep at night, then carry on believing in fairytales. It's really up to you, as long as you do not hurt anyone, that it your right.

Ok

"Please tell me what it proves?"

It is proof. The poem is proof and speaks truth about creation and an obvious creator. You are blind if you cannot see that.

"If it helps you sleep at night, then carry on believing in fairytales. It's really up to you, as long as you do not hurt anyone, that it your right."

You must realize that the argument on its face without evidence, it is equally a fairy tale to believe there is no God.
And yet, there is tons of proof.

To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good. Psalm 14:1

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4

Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit. Matthew 15:14

Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.” John 9:39

For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. Revelation 3:17

The Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous. Psalm 146:8

Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. 1 John 2:9

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

I'm reminded of the guy on Big Talk, on that Mitchell and Webb Look. "Come on boffins, put your heads together, let's solve this once and for all!"

Edit: found it on youtube!

edit on 27-6-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I seriously think THE ALPHA OMEGA can take ANY form. Animal, Human, Grey, Star, Black hole... A.I.

This enables THE to operate amongst ALL* the Created and to see directly and experience directly the conscious of each Created group.

So from afar for example the many realities associated to numerous CREATOR Creations may build a larger motion picture and to better see with that ALL seeing eye 1 chooses to walk among the as the...

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

It is proof. The poem is proof and speaks truth about creation and an obvious creator. You are blind if you cannot see that.

So, let me get this straight. This poem is evidence of your God? Do you know how silly that sounds?

I guess not!

You must realize that the argument on its face without evidence, it is equally a fairy tale to believe there is no God.
And yet, there is tons of proof.

I am not the one claiming thst there is an all powerful God. You are the one claiming that, and with no evidence to back it up apart from a book that is filled with primitive dialogue, written by primitive people.

To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good. Psalm 14:1

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4

Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit. Matthew 15:14

Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.” John 9:39

For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. Revelation 3:17

The Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous. Psalm 146:8

Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. 1 John 2:9

You want me to post the verses where God commands the death on innocent men, women and children? I can do that for you if you like?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There is no finite life entity in the Universe, never mind Earth, that is capable of instituting the opening of the Door for you or any other finite being, I call the Flash. Finite beings are not authorized with this power.

If you want This, ask, wait, seek in earnest. It may take decades, maybe a few days. If you want This more than another breath in spacetime, then it will be afforded to you when you are deemed ready. If you want This so to brag about what you've got or any other childish purpose, not happening.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Didn't bother to read the post. These kinds of threads are predictable.

In short the 'sultans of smart' will not be pleased unless they are right.

My opinion - I look at the Idea of God like I look at a Gun. I'd rather have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

*The Universe is a weird place. The idea of there not being a higher power or creator is preposterous.
edit on 27-6-2020 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2020 by LeoStarchild because: typo

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Does 50 gods serve the same purpose as 50 guns? - backup / fun and America though?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Intelligence and design are inherent to nature, if you have any doubt look in the mirror. We are parts of the universe, this suggests the universe itself is conscious and intelligent. We are merely expressions of the universe attempting to understand itself.

God exists, of that I have no doubt, it’s just about how you define our creator.

I don’t think any religion can claim the true word of god, for a start a being able to create the universe would converse in a language and at a complexity we couldn’t imagine to understand.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Theoretical physics has kind of got to the point where any thing that can exist, will exist, in some universe.
So therefore, God exists, unless you can prove a probability of 0.
edit on 0000006044764America/Chicago27 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If the universe is as huge as some people think, and if there are many of them, then surely nearly all possibilities exist. Therefore it is highly likely that there is something we might class as god. Indeed I imagine there are many entities we might class as god or gods. a reply to: Pachomius

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Definition of God: "God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning." [ 17 words ]

This is the title of the thread:

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

And the OP is as follows:

[ posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM ]
On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

I have not come across any definitions of God at all from posters here who deny God exists, and that is because as usual they are into taboo and phobia with definitions - it is all in effect strawman with their empty words.

There is nothing at all of any indication of honest intelligent productive thinking and writing with them.

Anyway, let us go to the concept of existence, existence is in concept the most all embracing word - under which anything and everything at all must fall within - if it is anything at all that man can think about and talk about when he is not insane.

Here is my definition of existence, the word:

"Existence is the default status of reality." [ 7 words ]

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
Didn't bother to read the post. These kinds of threads are predictable.

In short the 'sultans of smart' will not be pleased unless they are right.

My opinion - I look at the Idea of God like I look at a Gun. I'd rather have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

*The Universe is a weird place. The idea of there not being a higher power or creator is preposterous.

Typically you only need a gun when there's another gun causing trouble. The problem creates itself, no pun intended.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius
Definition of God: "God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning." [ 17 words ]

On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

I have not come across any definitions of God at all from posters here who deny God exists, and that is because as usual they are into taboo and phobia with definitions - it is all in effect strawman with their empty words.

There is nothing at all of any indication of honest intelligent productive thinking and writing with them.

Anyway, let us go to the concept of existence, existence is in concept the most all embracing word - under which anything and everything at all must fall within - if it is anything at all that man can think about and talk about when he is not insane.

Here is my definition of existence, the word:

"Existence is the default status of reality." [ 7 words ]

That's not true, I replied to you on the previous page buddy. Go check it out, the plagiarized mythology comment that I very courteously kept under your 20 word limit.

originally posted by: TzarChasm

God in concept is a myth based on plagiarized pagan culture and creepypastas written by sheep herders

edit on 27-6-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Dear everyone here, no need to refer to a past post from you, just say or write it again now, and make sure this time it is a definition - not anything else but a definition of the word, God.

Here is how to write as to get connected with my thread: imagine that you are required in your college course of journalism or on how to write on all kinds of topics, and you are given this text - see below, to produce in your very own personally thought up words as to say the same thing, the thought, in underline below:

This is the title of the thread from Pachomius:

- - - - - - - -

Thanks for your replies, but not one of you have a definition of the English word, God.

Here is my definition of God:

"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning." [ 17 words ]

So, as you all are literate in English, just try to think of a definition of God, the English word. [ etc.]

[ End of present post

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
One thing for sure, if God showed up, sort of like the alien thing too, he could show, maybe on TV, do a couple of tricks, miracles, and perhaps prophesies that come true, and REAL healings, chances are folks still wouldn’t believe.

Maybe go on the BBC and heal the world of this COVID 19
Very unlikely of course.

God seems to be a personal thing, an experience of inner light or awareness that cant be transferred to anyone else.

Question

Who is Gods God?

Or as a Muslim friend said once to me
Who is the Lord of Allah?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Good exists because of the moral authority of God. If there was only natural selection, evil has no meaning.

I am sure god enjoys lip service of being put in his place by your definition. Yes that is sarcasm, in the context God is goodness. And seeks those that have fait.

I like to say “ to see the universe through the eyes of an atheist is like seeing the Mona Lisa as a paint by numbers painting.”

Somehow your “proof” of god has removed all the love, and spirituality of god. Just being a “creator” doesn’t make you god.....

Seems like this has been touched with no response by you...

originally posted by: neutronflux

6. Therefore: I have proven from evidence that God is the entity in existence or in the default status of reality [see No. 1]: because God corresponds to my definition of God, namely, God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

The only thing you have done is justified your own logic through your own experience. Ignoring other people’s own faith, while practicing this intellectually dishonest charade of seeming to want other people’s Input. When you only wanted to preach, with no actual desire for debate. And falsely accusing people of talking about religion.

Again. The question of god, starts with the question of evil. Is good and evil real? Or hollow beliefs meaningless in the context of natural selection?

What do you say?

So...

God to you is nothing but a building contractor? As man learns to manipulate the fabricate of space time, mater, and learns to clone living things, does than mean man is becoming gods?

And it is known you will lie about what people post.

You

I see that you all wrongly conflate God with religion, you can have religion without God.

And you can have God without religion.

Really?

I don’t think this post was about religion?

The alternative is natural selection with the terms evil and good having absolutely no meaning.

Example: no god. Hitler was just practicing his dominance in a process of natural selection where the term evil has no meaning.

So the starting question is really, “do you believe an act can be good or evil, and why?”

First reply?

originally posted by: Akragon

perhaps you may want to start the convo?

I'll give ya a shove... No one can prove the existence of God to another...

Nothing about religion?

2nd reply?

originally posted by: seedofchucky
a reply to: Akragon

Well there is that 1 way . That cheat of theology . Messengers with miracles. Easily proves existence of god . Everyone watches dead man rise , or blind see , or handicap walk .. Its game over. Sign me up !~ But do we get that today ? noo.....we gotta play the pick the right cup game lol

Nothing about religion?

Fourth reply?

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I think you'll need to define what you think God encompasses.

From my upbringing and personal philosophy, God existed before the universe began. He exists outside reality as we know it, can walk into and out of the universe the way an architect can walk in and out of a building he designed, has fundamental understanding and manipulation of the entirety of the universe because He designed it from the start, and thinks in ways beyond human comprehension.

So good luck with that.

What religion is this?
edit on 27-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Added lots

edit on 27-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

edit on 27-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Added more

edit on 27-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Definition of God: “God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.” –Pachomius [ 17 words ]

Dear ARM1968:
Are you claiming that God and universe are identical?

Please present your definition of God and of universe, then everyone can judge whether on definitions they are identical or not.

originally posted by: ARM1968
[ ARM1968 posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:25 AM ]
If the universe is as huge as some people think, and if there are many of them, then surely nearly all possibilities exist. Therefore it is highly likely that there is something we might class as god. Indeed I imagine there are many entities we might class as god or gods. a reply to: Pachomius

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I guess nobody can have a different view and opinion of your text book definition that is void of love, goodness, spirituality, living kindness, sacrifice, love for your neighborhood, light, teaching, truth, growth.

That’s an interesting word. Growth. It seems you cannot have personal growth beyond a text book definition and dogma.

You mention religion. While people offered how they have grown in spirituality, you only offer the dogma of a text book definition. Oh the irony and hypocrisy.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join