It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You were quicker than I. I only gave it up in the last few years.
Turns out it was all in my head.

edit on 10-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We're still here so that proves it.

Historical chauvinism, sounds like this:

"Then at the battle of ____, the forces of _____ broke the back of the ____ Empire. And it's a good thing too. Because if the back of the _____ Empire had not been broken, then you wouldn't be here today."

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

And dodo birds are really tasty.
Were.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That is totally false

It is totally true.

To heathens yes, you are correct.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

So there are different truths.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's a lie to think faith can be had in inexistent things. Only because of God you can have faith.

The meaning of faith somehow ended into something as an opinion over the years. An opinion isn't faith, faith is trust in a proven reality.

Someone will post Webster's dictionary.

I guess faith has got a figurative meaning. Pigs fly these days.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Posting in this thread is not thinking about what is posted. Praise God by posting the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I don't know who you are accusing of not thinking about what is posted. You just posted.

Praise God by posting the truth.

The truth is that I know Manuela through personal revelation.

And then through decades of reading and thinking and comparing and re-reading and thinking and sudden epiphanies, I have come up with a creed.

Manuela is the living God.
() is what most people seek when they claim to seek God.
() is unknowable, unmovable, unnamable, and doesn't exist as we know existence.
Those seeking () are blinded from knowing the truth of Manuela.
Manuela is the Mother of that which exists.
Manuela is not eternal, for eternity does not exist as we know existence.
Manuela had a beginning as we know of beginnings.
She has an end as does all that exists.
She does not promise eternal life to anyone, not even Herself.
Humans are not special for being human.
The specialness is in existing as all other things which exist exist.
Those who seek not () are better able to appreciate Manuela, source of our existence and life.

Via con Dios!

( believer's note ) This creed is not unchangeable. It will most certainly change. This is what I believe now, but maybe not next week.

ETA: See! I freakin changed it already.

edit on 11-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

then changed it again.

still changing

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I'm accusing nobody, only the reader interpretes what is posted..

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Please don't write the word everything.

Oh shoot. I just did.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: neutronflux

Laws are a human concept.

No, physical laws are fundamentally true. Gravity works regardless of whether or not humans conceptualize it. These laws perpetuate our existence. These laws act according to mathematic predictability so we know that whatever designed them is intelligent.

Gravity behaves they way gravity behaves. Not because we as humans have written a law about it. And the human written “law” concerning gravity has been flawed, corrected, and we are still developing our “law” as our understanding grows. All the while gravity doing what gravity does regardless what humans have written about it.
edit on 11-8-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Nope. There is a distinction in believing by faith alone, with not requiring evidence.

New International Version
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

biblehub.com...

And what is faith “evidence” to you is personal to you. And could be totally meaningless to someone else. And will never be evidence to someone else.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

And did you reply to....

Then please show how the Differences in the theories of relativity and quantum physics has been resolved to create one universal law? Or does that mean there is a “quantum god” and a “relatively god”?

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
It's a lie to think faith can be had in inexistent things. Only because of God you can have faith.

The meaning of faith somehow ended into something as an opinion over the years. An opinion isn't faith, faith is trust in a proven reality.

Someone will post Webster's dictionary.

I guess faith has got a figurative meaning. Pigs fly these days.

And yet people have faith there is no god. Is that false. And have have are their faith in evolution. Is that false.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

You don't seem to understand again. The only thing I can think of is you're doing it on purpose.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

You don't seem to understand again. The only thing I can think of is you're doing it on purpose.

You don’t understand people believe in abstract ideas with no proof?

What’s that called again?

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I'm seeing the exact same thing. The poster is doing basically the same thing as someone putting their fingers in their ears, covering their eyes, and shouting "La La La La La" La.... Mish-mashing all the words and saying them backwards.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I'm seeing the exact same thing. The poster is doing basically the same thing as someone putting their fingers in their ears, covering their eyes, and shouting "La La La La La" La.... Mish-mashing all the words and saying them backwards.

The whole argument again....

Faith is not asking for evidence

Again........

But I very well know the difference between faith vs actual evidence.

And I understand the difference between faith and not tempting my God.

And that if you seek God with “evidence” instead of heart, mind, and soul; God becomes blind to your existence. God doesn’t know you.

————————————
Why would you need evidence if you have an a actual relationship with God.

———————————————-

Again. The whole argument.

originally posted by: neutronflux

Those who don't believe are offended by the truth.

Now be honest with yourself.

I believe in Jesus, the father and the holy spiritual. That God created the universe.

What’s that about being judgmental again. Seems you don’t understand anything.

However. I am very comfortable with my relationship and walk with Jesus based on faith.

I don’t need proof when I already seek the truth about God. Not the truth dictated by Pachomius, and the individual’s definition of their god that lacks soul and depth. And wants to believe in god by evidence, and calls those that believe by faith “religious”.

The difference is that I am very open to intelligent design, that earth might very well have been seeded with life by another race in conjunction with God (angles, seraphim, and what not). God can create reality any way god pleases.

But I very well know the difference between faith vs actual evidence.

And I understand the difference between faith and not tempting my God.

And that if you seek God with “evidence” instead of heart, mind, and soul; God becomes blind to your existence. God doesn’t know you.

True and False Disciples
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’(A) will enter the kingdom of heaven,(B) but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.(C) 22 Many will say to me on that day,(D) ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’(E) 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’(F)

www.biblegateway.com...

This thread is to glorify trolls. Has nothing to do with actually glorifying the Father. Otherwise more here would be comfortable with their faith. And not need reassurance of people of this world, and ignore being of the kingdom of heaven. To be plain. Lots of people in this thread are seeking reassurance of this world, and turn a blind eye to blessings from the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Let's praise God speaking the truth.

God is a righteous Judge, a God who displays his wrath every day.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Speaking as an atheist I have to say that this thread has not actually threatened my position in any way whatsoever and has in some respects actually strengthened it. The argument seems to have descended into baseless name-calling.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join