It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Don't count on it.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
God is that that in the end wins with or without you.

Still not proof.

You only have faith like everyone else that god exists or doesn’t.

That is totally false. Faith is the beginning when you are in kindergarten. Kindergarten, as in, one just began seeking God in their life and the first class so to speak is your spiritual kindergarten.

Since you seem not to be interested in discovering God for bettering your life and your spiritual predicament, you won't even be able to understand that. You have to want to first.

You want to be handed the spiritual PhD with no consideration for a single bit of curriculum it takes to know the reality and truth of God.

Is any of this getting through to you McFly? Hello?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That is totally false

It is totally true.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Laws are a human concept.

No, physical laws are fundamentally true. Gravity works regardless of whether or not humans conceptualize it. These laws perpetuate our existence. These laws act according to mathematic predictability so we know that whatever designed them is intelligent.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Nah.

That's just the way things happened work out in this particular universe. That one next door, not so much. You oughta see what goes on over there.

We fit this universe very nicely though, I'll grant you that.

edit on 8/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Nah.

That's just the way things happened work out in this particular universe. That one next door, not so much. You oughta see what goes on over there.

We fit this universe very nicely though, I'll grant you that.

This is why I tend to see us as special. The multitude of physical laws that keep our bodies intact shows me there was a lot of planning that went into this realm

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

"Look how perfectly this pothole fits", said the puddle, "surely it was made for me."

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dear Willtell, did you accept my No. 1 step, namely:

1. You and I and he she it, we all exist, do you accept that?

When you reply to this message, at the top declare that you admit my No. 1 step, okay?

Then we will discuss how we both attain certainty that we both exist.

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Pachomius

What’s your problem?

I actually agree with your premise
And unless your trying to drum up a good-natured argument or two then your question is only about communication skills which you’ll learn in time.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Dear readers and fellow posters, when you can explain why and how you accept that you exist, then you and I will continue on toward resolving the issue God exists or not.

When you cannot explain, then please realize that you cannot think at all, so what's the use of interacting with you at all?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

78 pages so far and not much to offer.

You are obviously vastly superior. It's a wonder that you bother at all. You are saintlike in your patience.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Dear pthena, you accept No. 1 step, so let us proceed to explain why and how you come to certainty that you and I we exist.

Do you care to be first to explain or I be first, tell me when you reply to this message, okay?

originally posted by: pthena

No. 1

Definition of creature
1: something created either animate or inanimate: such as
a: a lower animal
especially : a farm animal
b: a human being
c: a being of anomalous or uncertain aspect or nature
creatures of fantasy
History and Etymology for creature
Middle English, borrowed from Anglo-French, borrowed from Late Latin creātūra "act of bringing into being, something brought into being," from Latin creātus, past participle of creāre "to beget, give birth to, CREATE entry 1" + -ūra
“Creature.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, www.merriam-webster.com... Accessed 10 Aug. 2020.

(1 c) Exists in fantasy, be it you, I, he, she, or it.
As I sit here, I can day dream that you and I are conversing. I can imagine myself better looking. I can imagine that you are not as fat as myself, with more eyebrows than I have, and a much shorter beard. I can imagine that she sits over there by that house plant and smiles more after my comments than yours. But who is keeping score?

It would seem that I could accept your 1, but then I think of he, she, and its that once existed but no longer do. On that basis I must not accept 1.

I'm sorry.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
For the rest who have not declared that they accept my No. 1 step, in resolving the issue God exists or not, please think about it, and make your finding as to decide to accept it, or just continue with your own journey here, even though it is of no connection with the thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

This is why I tend to see us as special.

These two extinct species had it pretty special too.
Until circumstances effecting their food supply altered.

There is evidence to suggest that human competition for shelter led to the end of the cave bear.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The Good Books says we 'da boss. The Dominator.

Just ask the dodo bird. And the passenger pigeon. And a number of critters.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Dear readers, sorry for coming in again.

You see, I propose to all who accept my No. 1 step toward the resolution of the issue God exists or not, namely (the No. 1 step):

I propose now that we will work together as to concur on an explanation why and how we reached the certainty that we exist.

And I am telling them or asking whether they will be first to explain or I.

I am waiting, if they don't volunteer to be first after say four hours, when I come back after four hours, I will be first to explain.

You see, I have met posters who complain that I am the one doing all the talking and do not let them talk or read them.

So, dear querulous posters here, as you accept my No. 1, I give you the first turn to explain why and how we have (or I alone have) arrived at certainty that we exist.

In the meantime I am going to read more interesting things in the net, like how atheists describe God as a flying spaghetti monster, following their idol and hero and ideologue, one Bertrand Russell who started the trend to call God ridiculous names, like orbiting teapot in space, instead of sincerely investigating the issue God exists or not, with first from his stock knowledge and information acquainting himself on the concept of God among the three monotheistic faiths: Christianity, Islam, Judaism.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I propose now that we will work together as to concur on an explanation why and how we reached the certainty that we exist.

No you don't

All you propose and have proposed is that you are right and those who challenge you are wrong. That is all you have done and what you will continue to do. This can be effective when there are items of fact to be discussed (like the shape of the Earth) but you are arguing items of faith.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Dear pthena, you accept No. 1 step, so let us proceed to explain why and how you come to certainty that you and I we exist.

I only agreed with the fantasy ( daydream, imagination, conceptual ) portion.

I can assume that I had four Great Grand Fathers, that is typical, but the possibility does exist that I may have only had three. That is also within the scale of probabilities. So if I imagine four Great Grand Fathers in a family portrait together, and I only had three Great Grand Fathers, then one is pure fantasy with no correlation to reality, now or past.

Perhaps you should start with the "certainty that you and I we exist."

edit on 10-8-2020 by pthena because: Forgot the Great

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I came to the conclusion some time ago that solipsism is a rather adolescent approach. And pointless. Actually.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The Good Books says we 'da boss. The Dominator.

They say that history is written by the winner.
Could be propaganda is too. So the winners feel justified(vindicated).

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

God is totally on our side.

We're still here so that proves it.

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join