It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
How do you define god?

I see god as a part of everything.

Everything does exist.

True.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena
This is from one of the posts on the quora page I linked to:

One could say that Advaita emphasises the presence of nothing but truth and Zen emphasises the total absence of all illusion.

But regardless of differences in philosophical emphasis, the practice is the same in effect: both Advaita and Zen use meditation techniques to subvert dualistic thinking and facilitate the direct realisation of pure knowingness.

The core of dualistic thinking is the duality of self and non-self, or subject and object, and so the result of Advaita practice and Zen practice is identical: the collapse of subject-object dualistic consciousness, revealing the ever-present immediacy of nondual pure consciousness.

And this is from another post on quora:

There is principally no difference between them, otherwise they would not be both the non-dual schools; and it is actually no sense in trying to find the differences between them because they are intended for spiritual practitioners, not for theorizers, academicians or intellectuals.
edit on 4-8-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

And they all point to what the term 'God' points to.

Faith Matters: Advaita Vedanta perspective on how we define God
eu.courierpress.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Missed a few days .
Did anyone prove the existence of God yet ?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

To understand why Taoism and Confucianism came to wield such a deep and lasting influence on the Chinese people, as well as on those of Japan, Korea, and other surrounding nations, it is necessary to have some understanding of the fundamental Chinese concept of Tao. The word itself means “way, road, or path.” By extension, it can also mean “method, principle, or doctrine.” To the Chinese, the harmony and orderliness they perceived in the universe were manifestations of Tao, a sort of divine will or legislation existing in and regulating the universe. In other words, instead of believing in a Creator God, who controls the universe, they believed in a providence, a will of heaven, or simply heaven itself as the cause of everything.

Sounds familiar (the bolded part in particular):

“Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.”—The Grand Design, by Stephen Hawking

Sophisticated nonsense.

Don't know nothing about 'Taoism and Confucianism'.
( Yeah : that's a double-negative. But it's fun to say ! )

Have you skated-out upon a thin ice of your own making, to denigrate the Tao ?

The only part that is 'sophisticated' : is that which is woven by your own hand and loom.
It's only nonsense to those who don't 'get it'.
( Not that am 'getting it' myself mind you. Am merely gaining what feels like some insight from it, just as sometimes gaining insight from bible quotes. )
edit on 4-8-2020 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Missed a few days .

Just circular logic and dogmatic definitions.

I now have the definition of dumbass from Pachomius.

Shrugs

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

What do you mean, proving the existence of God?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

In the context of the thread “ Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.” you just posted in?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
How do you define god?

I see god as a part of everything.

Everything does exist.

True.

Yes, I agree with you that God* is in everything, because God is co-extensive and even greater than anything in existence.

*Here is my concept of God - notice the G in upper case, God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

I like to exchange thoughts with you, dear kwakakev.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Missed a few days .

I have posted time and again my proof that God* exists, but the trouble is that posters here do not exercise honest intelligent productive thinking, so they will not accept my proof.

Do you care to exchange thoughts with me on my proof of God's existence?

*My concept of God: God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
[ quote]originally posted by: neutronflux
[ quote]originally posted by: Nothin

Missed a few days .
Did anyone prove the existence of God yet ? [ /quote]

Just circular logic and dogmatic definitions.

I now have the definition of dumbass from Pachomius.

Shrugs
[ /quote]

Well, as usual with fellow humans who bring in what appears to be a technical term, like circular logic, I invite them to share with me their concept of the term they bring up.

So, please everyone, tell me what is circular logic, okay?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

There's no issue whether God exists.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
This is from one of the posts on the quora page I linked to:

One could say that Advaita emphasises the presence of nothing but truth and Zen emphasises the total absence of all illusion.

[ . . . ]

May I just propose that you start a new thread on how Advaita talks abut nothing and Zen about absence, please?

I forgot to mention in my OP* that my thread is concerned with God in the monotheistic faiths of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.

*For your orientation:

Title of thread: Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

Author of thread: Pachomius

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM

OP of thread:

On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

Let’s see......

People are born. So they need a start, but they are of the physical world, imperfect, and not of the spiritual world. People belonging to this plane of existence. A perfect being of energy, that belongs in another plane of existence, could not make an Imperfect physical being, that would mean the perfect being is imperfect for making imperfect beings. And if the supreme being made “gods” equal to itself, it would no longer be supreme. So the perfect supreme being made “god’s” lesser than itself. Those lesser “gods” wanted to make “life” like the supreme being that made them. But being lesser, could only create physical and imperfect humankind.

Prove me wrong.

Or something like that. Circular logic. You can make anything seem logical. (The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Like believing in god by evidence, leading to collective salvation. Instead of by faith, and a personal relationship with Jesus. Or a theocracy instead of a constitutional republic). Then if the only evidence you need is BS logic, about anything can be justified.
edit on 4-8-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 4-8-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 4-8-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Here is my concept of what is existence:

Existence in concept is anything at all that we humans experience in the objective world that is outside and independent of our mind, or we can think about in our mind - even though it is all nonsense outside our mind - in the objective world that is separate and independent of our mind, although our brain/mind is a part of the world or the universe studied by scientists.

And here is my concept of God: God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

What about my concept of proof?
Proof in concept is the process by which one human being succeeds to convince another human being: that something is factually and truthfully in existence - in the world outside and independent of our mind and/or in our mind.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You

Proof in concept is the process by which one human being succeeds to convince another human being: that something is factually and truthfully in existence - in the world outside and independent of our mind and/or in our mind.

Then by you, every “God” exists.

What is imagined is often not truth. A person can believe a potion will make them bullet proof. Then talk another person in to the same belief. Both take the potion before combat. Both end up shot to death. A concept shared is not proof of truth. Being able to test the concept and collect data is evidence.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

[ . . . ]

Let’s see......

[ . . . ]

Note 1. Too long indicative of deficiency of coherent thinking or lack of honest intelligent productive thinking and writing.

Note 2. "Let’s see...... " You appear to not see clearly coherently intelligently and productively at all.

Here is my concept of circular logic:

Circular logic is saying something in other words, for example: a boy is a male child.

That is circular because the sentence does not add anything to explain what is a boy, IF you know the meanings of the words:

a

boy

is

male

child

Now, here is my concept of God:

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

If you see that to be circular logic, then you are bereft of a learned and intelligent or in brief, you have no honest intelligent productive thinking and writing.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You
[ quote]
[ /quote]

Then by you, every “God” exists.

What is imagined is often not truth. A person can believe a potion will make them bullet proof. Then talk another person in to the same belief. Both take the potion before combat. Both end up shot to death. A concept shared is not proof of truth. Being able to test the concept and collect data is evidence.

Dear Neutron, first you produce and present what you know to be proof, okay?

It is a waste of bandwidth if you don't have your concept of what is proof, that is always the trouble with communicating with you, you bring in something from nowhere at all.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I forgot to mention in my OP* that my thread is concerned with God in the monotheistic faiths of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.

Forgot to mention?

No wonder you would not entertain any definition other than your own!

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Then by you every "God" exists.

There is only one god.
edit on 4-8-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
All religions as well as Advaita and Zen point to what the term 'God' points to.

Faith Matters: Advaita Vedanta perspective on how we define God
eu.courierpress.com...

To go to the link see my last post (at the very bottom of the post)....the one you quoted from.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join