It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius
we are still waiting on the proof though...adding creator cause to a sentence does not make in any more intelligent...in fact it has the opposite effect

edit on 30-7-2020 by toktaylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

God works inside of us.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

I went to flag it but couldn't as I realised I had already done so when you posted it.

Thank you.

I accept stars also.

When I get the time, I'll go through and star all the OP's posts in this thread that contribute to honest intelligent discussion.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
1. Do you tok concur with me that you and I we exist?

originally posted by: toktaylor
we are still waiting on the proof though...adding creator cause to a sentence does not make in any more intelligent...in fact it has the opposite effect

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
1. Do you Out6o concur with me that God in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, in that concept of God, He is everywhere and even enclosing everything that exists and has a beginning? Everywhere as inside your body and your brain also.

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

God works inside of us.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Allow me to acknowledge that with saying God is above all things.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Dear readers, when you are discussing with fellow humans who are like you like us all humans - and we are called homo sapiens not for nothing, this is what you should insist on, or you just walk away from them, namely, requiring them to concur with you that they and you exist.

From that point of concurrence you will already sooner than later get them to accept the fact that or for example they have a nose on their face - in case the topic is whether their nose exists or not.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am pro God existing, I call myself a Goddist.*

It would be best for this conversation that every poster starts his message with identifying himself as pro God or anti God, so that we will all detect right away whether he is going into the thread** here, or he is just wasting the bandwidth of ATS.

Aside: Attention, Neutron.

*Marius Dejess
A Goddist is a person who knows for a human certainty that God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.
www.definitions.net...

Title of thread: Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.
Author of thread: Pachomius

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM

OP of thread:
On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

we are called homo sapiens not for nothing, this is what you should insist on, or you just walk away from them

I don't insist on people calling me Homo Sapien. I have a name.

All the people who don't assume that I exist tend to not address me in any manner.

you will already sooner than later get them to accept the fact that or for example they have a nose on their face - in case the topic is whether their nose exists or not.

I've never had to get someone to accept the fact that he or she had a nose. On the rare occasion when I talk to someone without a nose I don't try to convince them that they have a nose. That would be some kind of fraud.

edit on 30-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

*Marius Dejess
A Goddist is a person who knows for a human certainty that God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

That appears in the comments section. The stated definition:

Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word goddist.

Wiktionary
goddist(Noun)

a believer in God, a monotheist

That's it. Only that one definition.
Do you know whether Marius Dejess can have his definition added to the list?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

[ from pthena to Pacomius ]

[ snipped: No self-identity as pro God or anti God ]

Are you, pthena, pro God or anti God?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Dear pthena, are you pro God or anti God, I have to know because I want us all posting in this thread to stick to the thread, instead of writing a lot of verbiage for whatever vain purposes, but off topic.

Now for all ye posters who are demanding proof for God in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, read my proof on evidence step by step, as follows:

1. Do you atheists or whatever concur with me that you and I we exist?*

*we will proceed to No. 2 step as soon as posters here answer the No. 1 step, okay?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Dear pthena, are you pro God or anti God

It really depends on whose God it is.
I get along pretty well with Some but not Others.
I'm tolerant with most of Them.
The Ones I can't tolerate ... I try to avoid.

The Ones that pursue me in an unwelcome way...
I get pissed off about.
But what can I do, really?
'cause their Gods,
and I'm just a mortal.

The Wild Gods on the other hand,
I find essential to the harmony of nature and life.
They don't mind what I think,
at least they don't let my opinions influence Them,
that I know of.

1. Do you atheists or whatever concur with me that you and I we exist?*

If you used a comma then I might, like: Do you atheists or whatever concur with me, that you and I exist?

So add the comma and drop the we, and then I might concur.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The Ones that pursue me in an unwelcome way...

Gods don't bother me much. But those who follow them can vary in their level of annoyance.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

[ from pthena to Pacomius ]

[ snipped: No self-identity as pro God or anti God ]

If your god is indifferent to worship as you claim. It’s a moot point. Is that false?

Are you, pthena, pro God or anti God?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius
Dear Nothin, can you comprehend these words from me? Below.

From the concept in our mind of God, we go forth into the world outside and independent of our mind, to seek for evidence pointing us to the existence and operation of God, yes in the world outside and independent of our mind, the world as like our neighborhood and our working environment - start from there.

Dear Nothin, relay my words above in your very own words, to tell readers that you do comprehend my above paragraph, okay?

Hi Pacho.

Am neither pro-God, nor anti-God.

Will try and write that sentence, in my words :
Holding a concept of God in our minds, we shall look to objective consensual-reality, where we shall look for evidence, that may indicate existence, or the workings, of God, within this objective consensual-reality.

Aside: The man will now probably claim that he can't understand my English.

Kaua e marama ?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But those who follow them can vary in their level of annoyance.

I saw a youtube video once, by an atheist, in which was explained people's god. The person identifies him/her self with the god they imagine. A negative remark about that person's god is therefore an attack on that person, in concept. The person takes it as a personal attack and acts appropriately ( but it isn't really appropriate at all ).

That's kind of what I meant. The god follows the person rather than the person following the god. That's not what they think though. There is confusion involved.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I may question faith when in an ornery mood. But I won't criticize it.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Faith, to me,
has a relationship to reality
in the same way that an abstract concept
relates to a metaphor.

If the metaphor makes no sense in a realistic way,
then the abstract concept is highly suspect.

( I think I got that the way I want it. May need some tweaking )

I may question faith when in an ornery mood. But I won't criticize it.

If we lived in an ideal World, people would question and criticize their own faith enough that no one would have to do interventions.

But, ideal Worlds seem to exist in the mind alone, and dreams of course, and fiction, and poetry, and music ... OK, the Arts then, that should be broad enough. Wait! The Sciences have ideal ... parts of Worlds.

What the dickens? There's ideal all over the place! Who knew?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
[ quote ]originally posted by: Nothin
[ quote ]originally posted by: Pachomius

Dear Nothin, can you comprehend these words from me? Below.

From the concept in our mind of God, we go forth into the world outside and independent of our mind, to seek for evidence pointing us to the existence and operation of God, yes in the world outside and independent of our mind, the world as like our neighborhood and our working environment - start from there.

Dear Nothin, relay my words above in your very own words, to tell readers that you do comprehend my above paragraph, okay?

. . . .

Hi Pacho.

Will try and write that sentence, in my words :

Holding a concept of God in our minds, we shall look to objective consensual-reality, where we shall look for evidence, that may indicate existence, or the workings, of God, within this objective consensual-reality.

. . . .

[ /quote ]

Good, except:

What do you mean by this phrase from your mind: "objective consensual-reality"?

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join