It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No

Have you even looked?

Saint Francis of Assisi said:
What we are looking for is what is looking.

The problem is that you believe yourself to be what is appearing.....but you are what is seeing what is appearing.

What is appearing is constantly changing........that which is seeing and knowing what is appearing is always the same.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Dear everyone here, I am asking you whether you concur with me or not, that you and I we exist, no need for so much verbiage but no statement to the effect that you concur with me or not: then we will find out together why you concur or why not, okay?

So again now, do you concur with me or not, namely: that you and I we exist?

Just say Yes I concur with you or No I don’t – then explain in less than 50 words why.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My concept of God is the following:

"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

I can prove that such a God exists, this way:

1. Do you concur with me that you and I we exist, yes or no?

Please answer that question and then I will proceed to the next step.

originally posted by: babybunnies

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: neutronflux
Sorry I don't understand what you are saying yes to?

Is it yes...... everything that is occuring is God's will.

Then he is a cruel and viscious God. No God would "allow" this much suffering just to test people's faith in Him

Especially given that #Christianity claims to be a religion of Peace and Love

If God loved his people, why do so many people die such horrible deaths?

Also, if God was omnipotent, He could kill The Devil any time He lokes. But He chooses to allow him to live and cause suffering and pain ....

If he's not omnipotent, then he's not a God

Also, if God were omnipotent, then people would be born believing in Him unquestioningly. But they have to be taught about religion

Given that I can get accreditation to be a preacher from the internet for about $10 and a bit of printer ink, the idea of God seems ridiculous, at best.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius
if anything should always exist..it must be the thing that exist (currently). Does the universe exist?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor
if anything should always exist..it must be the thing that exist (currently). Does the universe exist?

I'm existing too currently, just as God.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
my argument is the Universe is God. It is the only manipulator on life and on existence that can be proven.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You

Dear everyone here, I am asking you whether you concur with me or not, that you and I we exist

Give a total of how many individuals posted in this thread. Now name and cite those that disagree we exist.

The vast majority of persons posting in this thread post nothing about not existing. But one has to wonder if you let a bot do the heavy lifting for you?
edit on 23-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

Do you believe in a creation also or am I missing something there?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
i know that the only creator is the universe.I also know it's creation has evolved over time. I also know the universe has always existed in some form or another.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You and I we know that the universe exists.

What do scientists tell us about the beginning of the universe?

It is their concurring statement that the universe had its beginning some 13.8 billion years ago.

There, the universe is the evidence proof that God exists in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius
Dear everyone here, I am asking you whether you concur with me or not, that you and I we exist, no need for so much verbiage but no statement to the effect that you concur with me or not: then we will find out together why you concur or why not, okay?

Just say Yes I concur with you or No I don’t – then explain in less than 50 words why.

Hi Pachy.
Do not concur.
Have not agreed to the definitions of: ..."you and I we"... , and have seen no convincing offerings.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

"you and I we"

&

WE

Rhymes with: poison ivy

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is another day Jesus died for.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

"you and I we"

&

WE

Rhymes with: poison ivy

Ha-ha !! Your mind is so beautiful !

Reminds of long-ago fishing trips, up to the old hutch, with my good pal Ewen Oiwy.
Oh the days we drifted through, floating lazily across Lake Wanted, having Honest, Intelligent Productive Thinking, to Resolve the Issue God Exists or Not.
Sometimes Whip Trigen would join us, but he preferred to appoint himself 'camp-cook', and so we were, of course, fine with that.

Don't remember if we actually ever resolved anything... ?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The universe has always existed. That is the only logical explanation. It has always existed in some form or another without any need for an observer. Not requiring any cause or creator.
To say it had to be created to exist nullify the argument of a god/creator who also needs to be created to exist. To argue that god exist or always exist without any evidence or proof of such a god existing.

We know as indisputable fact that the Universe exist. We also know that life/stars/planets/neutrons/atoms are continually being created/born as a result of the existence and manipulation of the Universe.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I like your Ewen Oiwy a bit more than my ... whatever that was I cobbled together.

But here's the thing, I've never met Ewen Oiwy. I've known people who would fit in the apparent role of Ewen Oiwy. But Mike is not Ewen Oiwy, nor Alan, nor Lynnette. It would be an offense to actual people to place them in a role, as if that is all that they are, as interchangeable.

Like when she asked, "What did you call me?"

"Uh, Stephanie?"

"You ***hole!" she exclaimed, as she gathered her clothes and stormed out of the room.

[note: That is not an actual episode from my life. I saw things like that on TV]

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Was role-playing involved, when 'Stephanie' did the 'you & I we' with Ewen Oiwy ?

Reminds of long-ago fishing trips, up to the old camp, with my good pal Pachomius.
Passing long-lazy summer days, we drifted along, floating lazily across Lake Wanted, having Honest, Intelligent Productive Thinking, to Resolve the Issue God Exists or Not, and drinking unreasonable amounts of burpy-juice.

Sometimes Whip Trigen would join us, but he preferred to appoint himself 'The Central Resolver of Issues', and so we, of course, threw him into the lake.

Don't remember if we actually ever resolved anything... ?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: Pachomius

Hi Pachy.
Do not concur.
Have not agreed to the definitions of: ..."you and I we"... , and have seen no convincing offerings.

You mean that you don't concur with me that we two exist, you mean you are not certain you exist?

Okay, answer yes or no: Do you exist, yes or no?

Don't talk so much and still not answering with a yes or no, okay?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You mean you don't accept the fact that the universe exists?

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join