It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why does nature follow "rules"?

Why are there unbreakable constant laws of physics?

Why don't we see more chaos? why are things neat and ordered.

Where did these "rules" come from?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is the title of the thread:

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

And the OP is as follows:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM

On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

Thanks for your replies, but not one of you have a definition of the English word, God.

Here is my definition of God:

"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

I see that you all wrongly conflate God with religion, you can have religion without God.

And you can have God without religion.

When you are convinced that God and religion are not identical, then I invite you all to comment on my definition of God, namely:

"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

I wish you all: Happy honest intelligent productive thinking!

PS I challenge you all: from your stock reading produce a definition of God in less than 20 words.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

You

I see that you all wrongly conflate God with religion, you can have religion without God.

And you can have God without religion.

Really?

I don’t think this post was about religion?

originally posted by: neutronflux

The alternative is natural selection with the terms evil and good having absolutely no meaning.

Example: no god. Hitler was just practicing his dominance in a process of natural selection where the term evil has no meaning.

So the starting question is really, “do you believe an act can be good or evil, and why?”

First reply?

originally posted by: Akragon

perhaps you may want to start the convo?

I'll give ya a shove... No one can prove the existence of God to another...

Nothing about religion?

2nd reply?

originally posted by: seedofchucky
a reply to: Akragon

Well there is that 1 way . That cheat of theology . Messengers with miracles. Easily proves existence of god . Everyone watches dead man rise , or blind see , or handicap walk .. Its game over. Sign me up !~ But do we get that today ? noo.....we gotta play the pick the right cup game lol

Nothing about religion?

Fourth reply?

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I think you'll need to define what you think God encompasses.

From my upbringing and personal philosophy, God existed before the universe began. He exists outside reality as we know it, can walk into and out of the universe the way an architect can walk in and out of a building he designed, has fundamental understanding and manipulation of the entirety of the universe because He designed it from the start, and thinks in ways beyond human comprehension.

So good luck with that.

What religion is this?
edit on 25-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed quotes

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Short Answer: Yes
Long Answer: No

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why does nature follow "rules"?

Why are there unbreakable constant laws of physics?

Why don't we see more chaos? why are things neat and ordered.

Where did these "rules" come from?

I have often pondered if all this is evolution, it took quite a chance on making every thing male and female for reproduction.That nature was smart enough to evolve a bee to cross pollinate this male female of nature.
edit on 25-6-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You're so funny. Saying you want an honest intelligent discussion but you clearly don't want to discuss, you want us to say something you prepared for to latch on but those dummies just all are saying the wrong things!
Why? They're literate in English! WHY?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

The Blob 720 sexes.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You know how sometimes you can remember a dream, like right when you wake up it is clear, and 15 minutes later it can be forgotten.

I have lived with ghost for over a decade and in this one condo we had an angry old man. Mostly he would only visit in my sleep but he would constantly harass me, at least once a week for a couple years.

So one time I woke up and realized I had been having a phrase pounded into my mind over and over and over. Now I do not know why HE would be telling me anything important, but I am assuming it was he who was telling me this:

INTELLIGENCE IS THE DEITY

My guess is that the “universal unconscious” people talk about is also the universal mind theory.

Maybe GOD ~ THE CREATOR ~ could simply be this universal unconscious mind.

Or in another term ~ THE COLLECTIVE SOUL ~ a name that could also stand for ALL the living beings that have EVER lived ~ be they currently alive in body or not.

In other words there is no death of the Soul ~ only transmutation. Once out of the body of matter, each individual entities soul meshes with all other out of body souls to create Spirit ~ which is the Divine Mind.

In other words; all the zillion minds that have ever lived are bonded in a body-less being ~ THE COLLECTIVE SOUL.

The Golden Gate Bridge was designed by only a few minds, with a few hundred more minds involved in actually building it.

What if the original Rose was designed by the zillions of minds inhabiting this “universal unconscious” ~ this COLLECTIVE SOUL?

Could not this Collective Soul equal Nature?

Would not this same “universal unconscious” equal INTELLIGENCE itself?

Thus making Intelligence the Creator?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

How does it reproduce?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Does the Jewish/Christian/Islamic God YWHW/Allah exist exactly as described in their various religious texts?

I think that's a big fat no.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What or who God is is debatable. The fact that there is intelligent design to our universe is indisputable. The complexities, organization and magnitude of it all prove without a shadow of a doubt as to the existence of a Creator.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Does the Jewish/Christian/Islamic God YWHW/Allah exist exactly as described in their various religious texts?

I think that's a big fat no.

YWHW is not Allah, is the moon god.
edit on 25-6-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: spellen

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
What or who God is is debatable. The fact that there is intelligent design to our universe is indisputable. The complexities, organization and magnitude of it all prove without a shadow of a doubt as to the existence of a Creator.

You do know that complex patterns arise spontaneously from any chaotic background, don't you? Turing and Mandelbrot figured the mathematics for that not too long ago. So there's really no need for anything to be created. It'll happen no matter what from tiny variations in positron-electron expressions in the cosmic background radiation reality/virtuality layer, and then evolve from there. Reality bootstraps itself because literally nothing is perfect.
edit on 25-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
what force exists to cause complex patterns to arise from a chaotic background? a reply to: Blue Shift

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
God = nature, just replace the word god with the word nature and there you have it.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Dear colleagues here: Please, no need to derail the thread, just make comments on my definition of God, namely:

Here is my thread title and the OP:

This is the title of the thread:

And the OP is as follows:

[posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM]

On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

Dear readers, let us all sit back and await some posters here to do some honest intelligent productive thinking, instead of going everywhere but not into the thread at all - that is the sad but typical way of folks, who are not accustomed to do real genuine honest to goodness intelligent productive thinking - they always go into words of no relevancy to the thread, hoping that there be non-critical readers who could be impressed by their irrelevant verbiage.

Of course there is no strict rule that posters be connected to the topic of a thread, except that

NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

originally posted by: Peeple

You're so funny. Saying you want an honest intelligent discussion but you clearly don't want to discuss, you want us to say something you prepared for to latch on but those dummies just all are saying the wrong things!
Why? They're literate in English! WHY?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
what force exists to cause complex patterns to arise from a chaotic background? a reply to: Blue Shift

A weird mix of repetition, contamination and adaptation. Have you ever played the telephone game? It's a lot like that except in reverse, junk eventually becomes art. Especially if it's good at sustaining itself and that's really just the cosmic lottery at work.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If you spew off a few hundred random words, those words will never ever coalesce into a tangible work of literature or any type of coherency. Never. a reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cropper
God = nature, just replace the word god with the word nature and there you have it.

Please explain to me how nature produced the Cambrian explosion?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You

And you can have God without religion

The vast majority of posts were on the actual nature of god. Not religion.

You derailed your own thread by posting a falsehood to create a false narrative.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join