It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Slows Down COVID Testing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Liquesence
I'm simply pointing out that I totally listen to bartenders at Hooters when I want solid and accurate information about disease.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No I'm talking about all the livestock being slaughtered and dumped.

How big are we talking...here is a title to an article today...

After warning of meat shortages, companies exported record amounts of pork to China

Do you live in the US?

Last week I bought a 1/2 side of beef that is grass fed Black Angus that ended up 400 lbs of beef once the butcher was done.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
All the money spent on the testing people sure adds up, and it does not cure anything, but causes problems. Here, if you get tested, you cannot go work for four days, even if you have no symptoms, anyone can supposedly get tested now, even without a doctors prescription....and everyone in the house is quarantined till the test comes back negative, here four days, nobody can legally go to work. I know, my daughter had her son tested, and her daughter missed three days of work because of it and the whole house was quarantined....he just had some other bug.

If you are not sick, do not get tested, because it can cost you a lot of money in lost wages.

I am interested in getting the antigen testing....And when that vaccine being rushed through gets pushed, I am not going to take it till I see the results of the vaccine, usually when they push a vaccine through, it is all messed up. I like real science, not the mickymouse science that these vaccine pushers are shoving down our throat. Heck, the flu vaccine makes you more susceptible to covid, I should be protected because I can't take the flu vaccine because it causes a cytokine storm....I am leary about the storm I could get from this new vaccine....I do not like mickymouse science, I am a user of rickymouse scientific research.

After all the research I have been doing over a decade, I am now not nearly afraid of bacteria and viruses anymore, but am more skeptical of the medicines. I think some are good, some are iffy, and some are bad in relation to how they accomplish things overall, often the side effects are worse than the disease you are trying to treat. Look how they pushed antibiotics and opiates, now the truth comes out about what they did. Short term meds are not a problem, but if you adjust your diet you might not need the meds. and avoid anything they call a super food over ocassional consumption.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

After warning of meat shortages, companies exported record amounts of pork to China

Do you live in the US?

Last week I bought a 1/2 side of beef that is grass fed Black Angus that ended up 400 lbs of beef once the butcher was done.

Well I can only go by what media reports as I'm not in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I think there is a threat to our food chain, but you need to realize we have a HUGE food chain that feeds a good chunk of the world in many ways. Can prices go up for a while yes, will it create long term big increase to inflation no. Will inflation be higher this year, yes as it has been flat anyways, so 2.5% I can see.

Obama years were very rough, people loss their houses, their jobs, cost of living increased about 30%+. This devastated middle class families, and that is not what we are seeing this year.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Do you live in the US?

Therein lies your problem .
You can search for most anything and get results other than fake US media.
NEVER use US media.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Is this administration just completely incompetent, negligent, or something worse?

Really whining about Chicom-19 after weeks of rioting,looting, and the summer of death by love ?

No one buys it anymore.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We just had one slaughtered (my grandfather has been a cattleman for 60yrs), and instead of having the butcher break it down into all the different cuts this year, we had it all turned to ground beef in case the shtf. Had to add some fat to the grind cause it was a pretty thin hereford, but I now have a freezer full of fresh ground beef.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Most of the sites that are being defunded are in Texas. Like I said in my OP, they currently have a surge of cases and are having trouble keeping up with testing as is.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Just days after walking back President Trump’s comments about “slowing down” coronavirus testing at a rally in Tulsa, the White House now plans to end funding for coronavirus testing sites in several states as the virus continues to ravage parts of the country, according to reports from CNN and Talking Points Memo.

Sourc e

So after the White House claimed that Trump's comments in Tulsa about slowing down testing were a joke, after Kayleigh McEnany said Trump was being sarcastic when he said he wasn't kidding, it turns out the White House is attempting to slow down testing. They are planning to cut federal funding to a third of testing centers. This includes a number of centers in Texas who are currently experiencing a resurgence in cases and are already having a hard time keeping up with testing.

Is this administration just completely incompetent, negligent, or something worse?

The tests are a waste of time and money...Obviously most people have the virus but don't know it...And never will know it...What could be considered important is 'how many people are getting the virus' with symptoms bad enough they require a doctor's visit...

Uh, no one is reporting that...Except we occassionally see where new medical visit numbers are going down as test numbers rise...

We know that the media is using those positive test numbers (that no one knows they have) to paint a picture that we need to shut down again to save ourselves...

In a recent article a group of employees at a meat plant were tested...95% of the people who took the test that tested positive didn't even know they had it...No symptoms...

While the virus may be real, the process is a scam...I agree with Trump...Stop the testing...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
Obviously most people have the virus but don't know it...And never will know it...What could be considered important is 'how many people are getting the virus' with symptoms bad enough they require a doctor's visit...

Obviously my ass. Of COURSE you agree with Trump. Why else would you post this? Go compare the week average of tests for your area of choice and compare that with the average POSITIVE tests for that same area. Then come back here an apologize for intentionally misleading people. YOU and people like you are the reason we'll be dealing with this come Christmas. Sweden went the 'herd immunity' route and decided against lock-downs. Then when they tested for antibodies they found WAY lower community immunity than they expected. You're wrong. Period.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

We just had one slaughtered (my grandfather has been a cattleman for 60yrs), and instead of having the butcher break it down into all the different cuts this year, we had it all turned to ground beef in case the shtf. Had to add some fat to the grind cause it was a pretty thin hereford, but I now have a freezer full of fresh ground beef.

Even cutting steaks you get a ton of hamburger. I think out of a little over 400 lbs I got 285 lbs of hamburger. I bought a used chest freezer 5.5 cu ft for like 80 bucks (BTW Chest freezers have been sold out across America for months now) and all the hamburger fits there...lol Think I paid 3.30 per pound in the end for it all like 2.65 per pound hanging and .65 per pound cut.

edit on 25-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: carewemust

Mass testing for something that is not very lethal is dumb. Just increases paranoia needlessly.

Why is there not mass testing for pneumonia, hepatitis, the Flu, or H1N1 every year?

Because all of those diseases you mentioned are endemic. That means they've been around for years to decades. That means that a substantial fraction of the population has already been exposed and developed whatever level of immunity they could. That means that when those diseases episodically have breakouts, the breakouts are not very large.

COVID-19 is a novel virus. That means that a few months ago, no one had any immunity or resistance to it. Even now, probably only a few percent of the population has been exposed. That means that the potential for the COVID-19 epidemic to grow between now and the time a vaccine is developed is at least an order of magnitude greater than any of those other diseases you mentioned.

Horsecrap, this thing has been in the US since early December, most people have already been exposed and either had "the flu" or didn't even notice they had it.

Antibody tests are showing positive in about 5% of Americans. Which means negative in 95%. Makes your claim utterly absurd.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The problem is with reporting that claims the nation is being ravaged by a virus with an over 99% survival rate and nearly half not even feeling unwell. Explain how those variables equal ravaging .

We've gone back to the arguments being made in February about flattening the curve. We don't want our hospitals to fill up. We want people that need ventilators to get ventilators.

Sure, it's a 1% death rate. If you get a ventilator! Somewhere around 20% of people who get sick will need a ventilator. What happens if there are no ventilators because too many people got sick? Now your death rate is going up.

Now, instead of a 1,000 deaths from 100,000 getting the virus you have 5,000 deaths because you only had 10,000 ventilators. Why do you think so many people died in Italy and New York? Hospitals filled up and people couldn't get the care they needed and they died.

This isn't fake, it's not overblown. We've survived this long because we took proper precautions. Now the weather is nice so we're just going to throw caution to the wind?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: carewemust

Mass testing for something that is not very lethal is dumb. Just increases paranoia needlessly.

Why is there not mass testing for pneumonia, hepatitis, the Flu, or H1N1 every year?

Because all of those diseases you mentioned are endemic. That means they've been around for years to decades. That means that a substantial fraction of the population has already been exposed and developed whatever level of immunity they could. That means that when those diseases episodically have breakouts, the breakouts are not very large.

COVID-19 is a novel virus. That means that a few months ago, no one had any immunity or resistance to it. Even now, probably only a few percent of the population has been exposed. That means that the potential for the COVID-19 epidemic to grow between now and the time a vaccine is developed is at least an order of magnitude greater than any of those other diseases you mentioned.

Horsecrap, this thing has been in the US since early December, most people have already been exposed and either had "the flu" or didn't even notice they had it.

Antibody tests are showing positive in about 5% of Americans. Which means negative in 95%. Makes your claim utterly absurd.

Link to cumulative nationwide anti-body test results are required to make that kind of statement.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The problem is with reporting that claims the nation is being ravaged by a virus with an over 99% survival rate and nearly half not even feeling unwell. Explain how those variables equal ravaging .

We've gone back to the arguments being made in February about flattening the curve. We don't want our hospitals to fill up. We want people that need ventilators to get ventilators.

Sure, it's a 1% death rate. If you get a ventilator! Somewhere around 20% of people who get sick will need a ventilator. What happens if there are no ventilators because too many people got sick? Now your death rate is going up.

Now, instead of a 1,000 deaths from 100,000 getting the virus you have 5,000 deaths because you only had 10,000 ventilators. Why do you think so many people died in Italy and New York? Hospitals filled up and people couldn't get the care they needed and they died.

This isn't fake, it's not overblown. We've survived this long because we took proper precautions. Now the weather is nice so we're just going to throw caution to the wind?

The ventilators are killing people, you have about a 50/50 chance of survival if you are put on a ventilator. The odds are actually probably much lower than that. NYC was showing a 90% death rate of ventilator patients.
www.washingtonpost.com... f8-11ea-89fd-28fb313d1886_story.html
medicalxpress.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Almost as many have died from being in quarantine from not going to the doctor or hospital for needed surgery, lack of exercise, overeating, suicides, stress and depression, domestic violence and rape, etc.

Can you provide a cititation To show 120000 people have died from the above posted conditions in the last 6 months.

I thought "if it saves one life" was the democrat motto? Are you going to claim that ZERO deaths have resulted from the quarantine?
www.usatoday.com...
abc7news.com...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
patch.com...
www.npr.org...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Of course some people have flipped out, and I do not doubt suicides are higher than usual however there is nothing I can see in those links that back up your claim.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

a reply to: panoz77

Of course some people have flipped out, and I do not doubt suicides are higher than usual however there is nothing I can see in those links that back up your claim.

There may not be 100,000+ deaths/suicides, but the combination of violent crimes including rape, domestic abuse, child abuse and increased suicides, deaths from ailments not being treated (required surgeries etc) combined are at least as bad as the kung flu as far as impacting people, probably more so. A rape victim and domestic abuse victim are scarred for life, all a result of quarantine and isolation over a virus that kills about 0.4% of those that contract it.
edit on 25-6-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No one cares what you think because you're ignorant. Anyone who reads your posts can see that..

On topic: it's a massive waste of money to do testing when the results aren't even accurate. That being said the amount of people who have it is probably 75% higher than the numbers being given which drops the death rate to less than 1%

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join