It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Slows Down COVID Testing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Just days after walking back President Trump’s comments about “slowing down” coronavirus testing at a rally in Tulsa, the White House now plans to end funding for coronavirus testing sites in several states as the virus continues to ravage parts of the country, according to reports from CNN and Talking Points Memo.

Sourc e

So after the White House claimed that Trump's comments in Tulsa about slowing down testing were a joke, after Kayleigh McEnany said Trump was being sarcastic when he said he wasn't kidding, it turns out the White House is attempting to slow down testing. They are planning to cut federal funding to a third of testing centers. This includes a number of centers in Texas who are currently experiencing a resurgence in cases and are already having a hard time keeping up with testing.

Is this administration just completely incompetent, negligent, or something worse?

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
The problem is with reporting that claims the nation is being ravaged by a virus with an over 99% survival rate and nearly half not even feeling unwell. Explain how those variables equal ravaging .

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Mass testing for something that is not very lethal is dumb. Just increases paranoia needlessly.

Why is there not mass testing for pneumonia, hepatitis, the Flu, or H1N1 every year?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
They damn near stopped reporting deaths. Now they blow a fuse over testing positive. Grow the fvck up. Take some precautions but go about your life and live it. These people are trying their ass off to make you completely miserable knowing if they can keep doing it you will be pissed and see Biden and your savior. He is no savior. He's a #head. Trump is also a #head but he's not trying to wreck the economy.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Just days after walking back President Trump’s comments about “slowing down” coronavirus testing at a rally in Tulsa, the White House now plans to end funding for coronavirus testing sites in several states as the virus continues to ravage parts of the country, according to reports from CNN and Talking Points Memo.

Sourc e

So after the White House claimed that Trump's comments in Tulsa about slowing down testing were a joke, after Kayleigh McEnany said Trump was being sarcastic when he said he wasn't kidding, it turns out the White House is attempting to slow down testing. They are planning to cut federal funding to a third of testing centers. This includes a number of centers in Texas who are currently experiencing a resurgence in cases and are already having a hard time keeping up with testing.

Is this administration just completely incompetent, negligent, or something worse?

You should be happy, lower testing means the death rate will be artificially high. More testing would mean more positive cases which would result in a drastically reduced death rate percentage.

In either case, it's a lot to do about nothing. Most people have already had it and thought it was just a flu virus.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Anyone else notice that the cases continue to climb up, up, up since mid May, yet the deaths per day keep going down, down, down?

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

My 21 year old son's supervisor contracted Covid-19 in May. The employees were told to get themselves tested. He went to one of the "drive up" testing sites here in Illinois. For 3 days he was on pins-and-needles awaiting the test results. Naturally, they came back negative.

But to shut down that little company (12 employees) for 2 weeks, and send everyone to get tested for an illness that is rarely lethal, is C-R-A-Z-Y.

We can't let U.S. authorities continue this INSANITY!

edit on 6/24/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Anyone else notice that the cases continue to climb up, up, up since mid May, yet the deaths per day keep going down, down, down?

Exactly right. DEATHS, and to a lesser degree, hospitalizations, are what determines the severity of a communicable disease.

EBOLA has a 57% death rate. That was serious. Covid-19 is on par with Pneumonia, according to the CDC. When's the last time any of us lost sleep worrying about contracting Pneumonia?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

It matters not, because millions of additional Americans are figuring out for themselves every week, that Covid-19 is NOTHING TO FEAR.
edit on 6/24/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jun 24 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm all for precautions, but my source in upper elite healthcare told me about TWO(2) Bartender females he befriended at Hooters, came down with Covid, legit Covid and they were recovered in THREE(3) days, both of them.

Said it was the worse and that they felt like dying, but after awhile, they started to rebound, feel better and real noticeable too.

So yes, I don't have any power in this whole ordeal, I'll leave that to the Administration for reals, in conjunction with my own personal info via source.

People, live your lives to their fullest.
edit on 24-6-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

my source in upper elite healthcare told me about TWO(2) Bartender females he befriended at Hooters, came down with Covid, legit Covid and they were recovered in THREE(3) days, both of them.

Good source.

I also tend to believe and put stock in what Hooters chicks say and claim as gospel regarding infectious disease.

Too bad they are reduced to skimpy clothes and cleavage instead of healthcare decisions on a national platform.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Anybody that wants a test can get a test period 😎

Fed money is being cut a little so the locals can pay their fair shares 😎

The "Testing Testing" BS is already old hat too 🤓

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

my source in upper elite healthcare told me about TWO(2) Bartender females he befriended at Hooters, came down with Covid, legit Covid and they were recovered in THREE(3) days, both of them.

Good source.

I also tend to believe and put stock in what Hooters chicks say and claim as gospel regarding infectious disease.

Too bad they are reduced to skimpy clothes and cleavage instead of healthcare decisions on a national platform.

I honestly don't care about your views regarding females, I'm simply pointing out their experiences, my source also happens to be a close family friend and the Hooters he met them at is the one I worked at for over 5 years as Kitchen Manager and few guys who still work there verified that as well.

My two cents for everyone.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Good source.

I honestly don't care about your views regarding females, I'm simply pointing out their experiences, my source also happens to be a close family friend and the Hooters he met them at is the one I worked at for over 5 years as Kitchen Manager and few guys who still work there verified that as well.

I'm simply pointing out that I totally listen to bartenders at Hooters when I want solid and accurate information about disease.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hunkering down in your home is not a real or viable solution. Have to get back to living your life. There is no cure. There never will be a cure. Some will absolutely die. Majority will not. Accept it and move on. Horrible disease, one of the worst but if you are healthy odds are next to zero it impacts you. No point in shutting down every fvcking aspect of society over it.

Nobody is all that special in this world. If you die so what. You were going to die anyway just like everybody else. Maybe you die young. Maybe old. So what. That is life. Maybe a tree branch falls on you gardening. Maybe a stray bullet hits you in the temple. Get over it losers.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Man, that goober will do anything to lose the election.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Good source.

I'm simply pointing out that I totally listen to bartenders at Hooters when I want solid and accurate information about disease.

It’s a FAR more reliable source than cNn. For ANYTHING whatsoever

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yes. But the press keeps claiming there's a 2nd wave starting already.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Yes. But the press keeps claiming there's a 2nd wave starting already.

Which means, there’s not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join