It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ATS shuts down where will they get news from

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Someone once mentioned in here that original posts that they made here were being used by MSM.
Sure they changed up some words. I know there's a lot of news, and it gets regurgitated and discussed in various forms.
That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about unique discussion or things that just aren't very common discussions being posted on various sites AFTER we
have discussed it on here. I've seen it happen to a few of my OP's and many others. I read a lot. I've seen it on various platforms, from Facebook, to
Forbes, to yahoo articles.
I think there are a lot more eyes on this site than people realize. Lot's and lots of lurkers.

I've seen some things posted so closely to what is on here, (always on here first) it makes me wonder if the posters were indeed ATS member or if they are just big copy cats. Who knows, but
one thing is for sure, if ATS shuts down, these writers might actually have to come up with an original content!

edit on 24-6-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If you click on the forums tab on the top you can see how many lurkers there are. It's on the left under "Board Stats":

board stats
Total Posts: 25,134,469
Total Topics: 1,252,713
Total Members: 350,320
2,232 new posts in the past 24 hours
39 new topics in the past 24 hours
2,566 guests visiting right now.
189 members logged in right now
1,479 members visited in the past 24 hours
489 members posted in the past 24 hours

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Adreamunfulfilled

“2,566 guests visiting right now.“

THIS speaks 2,566 words.

As I’ve been involved in the possible purchase, I can tell you that MOST of the major players are lurkers!

Think about that for a second. This place means a lot, to a lot of people — most of which, we don’t know.
edit on 24-6-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Guess we'll all have to do our own homework...

Kidding. We do help one another weed out the stupidity. Though, we always argue and take sides.... oh wait... We're actually doing something constructive!

Yeah, I feel you though. I'm really going to miss you guys and gals- every single one. I'm going to feel lost, having to go to the BS pages again to get half truths and crazy made up stories about ... everything.

Besides... I don't think there is more of a place where a 'kid can be a kid'. My geek totally comes out here and I like it. It's freeing. Liberating even when you can get things off your chest and someone will always be around to support you no matter how far off the deep end you go with your ideas or how deep down the rabbit hole.

It's really, really sad!

If any of you are ever in Austin... I'll buy ALL the beers!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Honestly this has been more of a MSM aggregate for some time. The same talking points are brought here that are in the mainstream national discussion.

It's been unfortunate and rare that I see something here I wouldn't have come across on my own. When bringing up certain points, most of the arguments are through the lens of the left vs right political divide and echo the same national talking points.

Whoever wanted this country to fall back in the left right split has been immensely successful. I was a bit hopeful in 2016 when the masses seemed to want non establishment outsiders to represent the left and right (though Bernie isn't as easy to make the debate for an outsider).

Every day that goes by, I see a little less nuance, and a lot more approved talking points.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Telling ya man... Only takes one person to start a kickstarter...

Not me though... I hate organizing. I struggle to re/organize everything around me a bazillion times a day.

Still... I'll buy the beer!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The real question, to be honest, is not Where? but How?

I would suggest watching this video by James Corbett

If it's politics you want, then I suspect it to be near impossible, much like it is now, to get any unbiased sources.

As for everything else, I imagine that chaos will reign. Perhaps not so much chaos, but certainly uncertainty, and lots of it. The future, according to others needs to be constantly in full flux, otherwise manipulation of the masses through fear and uncertainty becomes difficult, if not impossible.

It is going to be difficult, good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Haha! I’m at my local pub now. How do you get us the beer?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

lol Guess that you would need to make that trip to Austin Texas.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

That shouldn't be hard to convince someone to do. Austin is a truly magical place.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Oh man.. I'd cry if I had to move from here. Just wish all this crap would end so I can finally go back downtown and catch some music and hang out with the crazy people on dirty 6th.

Im missing SOOOO many concerts that's been canceled already

edit on 24-6-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Wait what!?! I used to live there. Just visited my sister in April. I’m taking you up on your offer the next time I come!!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This site is pretty much Drudge with comments. You get the same stuff there. I'm not convinced ATS is all that unique or all that special. As for lurkers, I simply do not believe the numbers. It's a Linux-based operation. I have worked on many Linux sites as a sysadmin and on ALL of them, the "guests" are mostly phantom users. They don't exist. In fact, most of the ATS statistics are bogus and misleading. With over 300,000 user accounts that looks very impressive. But only 45% have even bothered to post anything. And only 3500 accounts have over 1,000 posts. a little over 1%. 3500 people are not shaping the course of world politics. Once in a great while ATS gets a mention in the MSM and everyone jumps all over it. The best mention of ATS I have ever seen is when one rather small newspaper called ATS a "cranky conspiracy site." That pretty accurately sums it up.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I hear ya. I was planning on going back to visit my sis in the near future. She takes all of this a lot more seriously than I do, so needless to say my plans have been put on hold.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The day ATS die, they'll include it in the news. They will say all kind of crap about us and we won't be able to defend our home. They'll make it political.

Something like :

"Far right website goes down - Trump supporters lost "

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Short memories. Not long ago it was Bernie Sanders supporters and before that it was Ron Paul. If there is one consistent fact about ATS it is that it is inconsistent.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Short memories. Not long ago it was Bernie Sanders supporters and before that it was Ron Paul.

Ah, the glory days.

Whether or not you agree with his whole platform, that guy was about real systemic change. All these other posers find some small issue as the bastion of real new direction.

Paul wanted to end the fed. Personally, and it's just my opinion, that could have rippling impact on an incredible scope. I think it would be for the good, and it would restore some of the core principles from the constitution, an incredible document few seem to care about except for their cherry picked agenda.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Trueman

Short memories. Not long ago it was Bernie Sanders supporters and before that it was Ron Paul. If there is one consistent fact about ATS it is that it is inconsistent.

Yeah, but ATS wasn't about to die those times.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Wait what!?! I used to live there. Just visited my sister in April. I’m taking you up on your offer the next time I come!!

Most definitely! If you can drink it.. I'll buy it!

Critical - Come on over. We'll drink till we puke! Ok.. Not till we puke but close.
edit on 24-6-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Honestly this has been more of a MSM aggregate for some time. The same talking points are brought here that are in the mainstream national discussion.

It's been unfortunate and rare that I see something here I wouldn't have come across on my own. When bringing up certain points, most of the arguments are through the lens of the left vs right political divide and echo the same national talking points.

Whoever wanted this country to fall back in the left right split has been immensely successful. I was a bit hopeful in 2016 when the masses seemed to want non establishment outsiders to represent the left and right (though Bernie isn't as easy to make the debate for an outsider).

Every day that goes by, I see a little less nuance, and a lot more approved talking points.

You are absolutely correct. I miss my earthquake and fukishima days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join