It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Utter Stupidity of Both sides

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

ng lockdowns and mask mandates. I'm on the other side of the spectrum here... I give not a single drop of piss how much of your life you waste staring at 4 safe walls or breathing in your own rank-ass breath behind a mask. It matters not to me in the least, I simply refuse to stare at my walls when I decide to go out nor will I cover my own face just because some of society's fear-driven masses' "feels" are soothed by me doing so.
a reply to: burdman30ott6

i salute you good sir. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY (if your into that sort of thing)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...precisely...

Yeah, so put your hair out and stay inside if you don't ever want to get sick. The big bad world is outside and their might even be viruses lurking out there.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Bluntone22

Same. And you're wrong.

here let me make a gross depiction for you.

If I am standing next to you without a mask, and I sneeze in your face, you get a face full of snot, mucus, and spit. If I am wearing a mask and I sneeze in your face, 90% of that will be caught in the mask, and some might escape from the sides depending on how hard I sneeze. Is it that hard of a concept to understand?

So much for social distancing...
And if that happened you would probably have a broken nose.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Just to clarify tho, you understand how it works?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

By your own description it doesn't work.
It stopped 90%

How much do you think it takes?
Try a parachute that works 90% of the time...

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yes and condoms are only good for 99% protection. But they stop almost all STDs and many, many unplanned pregnancies. You're playing the willful fool just because you don't want to wear a mask in public, what skin is it off your back?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

My facial hair makes it impossible for a mask to function correctly.
My wife also has asthma and can't breath in a mask.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well if you are wearing a mask how is it ever a problem that I don't?? Based on your own scenario, your Msk would protect your from 90% of my snot molecules. And if your standing away from me?? I ask, why have you not worn a mask your whole life especially considering how many times you have been infected with a Corona virus, which yes you have if you ever had any number of colds in your life. A severe cold is more likely from Corona, and the mild ones are typically rhinovirus. Of course a good thirty percent typically have unknown causes as well.

And to the liar on the last page, Florida is not getting locked down again.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I thought you were trained or what ever in how masks work.

A surgical mask isn't meant to protect you, it's meant to protect others. You can have facial hair and it will still be effective.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That's not what I said.

The masks aren't to protect you, they are to protect others from you.

If you wanted to protect yourself, there's many types of masks made specifically for that. But they have exhaust flaps, and you're not doing anyone a favor in that scenario, unless you have a ventilation pump leading down to your back or something.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Just to clarify tho, you understand how it works?

Honest question here, how the hell often has someone other than one of your own children or your significant other sneezed in your face? I see this mentioned often in defense of forced mask wearing and, honestly, I'm sort of left wonder what type of mannerless #holes a lot of folks live or work in. In all my years I have never been showered by spit from a stranger nor have I ever sneezed, coughed, or expectorated in another's face.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I thought you were trained or what ever in how masks work.

A surgical mask isn't meant to protect you, it's meant to protect others. You can have facial hair and it will still be effective.

I have been trained in multiple masks and multiple environments.
Chemical and biological...
And I'm not wearing a #ing mask..

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
*touches doorknob walking out of their home, uses keys that have never been washed ever to start the car, touches steering wheel to drive to store, opens car door, and uses those same hands to put on a mask that is now acting like a germ mesh pressed up against their face*

"There! this mask will protect me in the rare case that someone sneezes directly into my face"
edit on 24-6-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Still, help me understand why you personally are terrified a virus with an over 99% survival rate?? If your not even infected, why are you wearing g the mask if it is to protect others?? All I read you writing are repeated propoganda points designed to instill terror, which is technically terrorism in and of itself (not you but the propoganda itself)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Exactly

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It was an exaggerated example to make a point. I could have made much worse examples like peeing on people or something.

The virus is mainly spread by droplets, in the air, which linger. So you tell me, would you rather walk into a store full of people and sneeze and cough all over everything, as long as you sanitized your hands, or just wear a mask while you're in the store and take it off after?

If you don't want to wear a mask, that's your choice. I am just pointing out the obvious.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

As I said earlier.
People that are not properly trained are wasting their time.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'm not, and I don't wear a mask. I just like to pick peoples brains to get real answers.

If I am visiting my grandmother I wear one, and keep my distance. Also, it's not propaganda it's common sense. It's why surgeons wear masks. You honestly think a patient lying unconscious on a table cut open will spread a airborne virus? No, the masks are there to protect the person on the table being treated.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: YouSir

"I lied to you all then, but because: reasons... this time I swear I'm telling the truth."

Dude, Fauci literally is using Ho-speak on the nation and you expect the country to give him a pass and trust him because why?

Ummm...I trust no-one...especially persons using anonymity to bolster their opinion on a website dedicated to conspiracy...

...and I'm about the least anonymous person you'll find on this website, dude. I'm not running around advertising it, but my name, location, photo... it's all dangling in front of anyone's face that wishes to see it.

I'm certainly not asking anyone to trust me. Therein lies a massive difference between you and your agenda and me. You're trying to change people's personal behavior, either through trust and convincing or through blunt force celebrating lockdowns and mask mandates. I'm on the other side of the spectrum here... I give not a single drop of piss how much of your life you waste staring at 4 safe walls or breathing in your own rank-ass breath behind a mask. It matters not to me in the least, I simply refuse to stare at my walls when I decide to go out nor will I cover my own face just because some of society's fear-driven masses' "feels" are soothed by me doing so.

Ummm...WOW...what a tangled web of untruths and hyperbole you’ve woven there...it’s good for a few stars from the echo chamber...but other than that...not worth the wasted space on the server...

I don’t have an agenda...nor do I give a rats ass if you can’t seem to comprehend that your imagined right to sneeze contagion on the unsuspecting populace...is not one of the enumerated rights in the constitution...simply due to the fact that it isn’t a right at all...it’s just a fools misunderstanding of the responsibility that every right entails...

The responsibility to...NOT...do harm to any other...supersedes your flag waving hubris...

Repeat after me...you do not have the right to cause harm to any other individual or group...unless it be in self defense...

I’m out in the public every day...I also have to wear a mask 9 hours a day...six days a week while at work...because asshats that have absolutely no concept of rights and responsibilities puff up their moobs...and spout their ignorance...to which I simply reply...no mask...no service...no exceptions...

So...while your busily wallowing in ignorance rather than denying it...please...try to garner some understanding of what those rights your attempting to flaunt...actually entail...

Have a nice day...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ummm...precisely...

Yeah, so put your hair out and stay inside if you don't ever want to get sick. The big bad world is outside and their might even be viruses lurking out there.

Ummm...yawn...what a perfectly pedantic and childishly boring diatribe...

Your anything but...unpredictable...

Bravo...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join