It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Utter Stupidity of Both sides

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to:
Naw man, we love you too.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Why arent the antimaskers bitching about the laws that require seat belts all across the US
WHY DONT THEY MAKE A 1ST AMENDMENT FAKE ISSUE OUT OF THAT

Or smoking in certain places.

Are those pro-government dupes laws

Or have you been bamboozled by a political trickster out of logic and common sense?

Not to mention intellectual DISHONESTY

GO AHEAD RIDE AROUND WITHOUT A SEAT BELT AND SEE HOW MUCH FREEDOM YOU HAVE.

edit on 26-6-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
HEY EVERYONE!!!! LOOK AT ME!!! I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND PROCLAIM MY SELF-RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!!! WHAT I SAY IS IMPORTANT AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME!! OBVIOUSLY I'M MORALLY SUPERIOR AND KNOW BETTER!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Co-sign

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

How about an argument based on logic and common sense, not just jibberish for the stupid mob!

You confirm the OPs title

Utter stupidity

edit on 26-6-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Do people have options for transportation beyond riding in a car? In some of the places where masks have been mandated for anyone outside their home, what's the alternative? Not leaving their home at all?

As for the smoking issue, a LOT of people have vehemently argued that smoking bans are Unconstitutional, especially where bars are concerned. The courts have not declared those laws Constitutional but, rather, have simply rejected hearing the legal argument against said laws... sort of as is to be expected where the government's history of one hand washing the other is concerned. Much the same as the idea of property ownership, which is a total misnomer as "ownership" cannot truly be ownership when you must continue to pay taxes to keep it and it can be taken from you by the government at any time, "freedom" and "rights" seem equally misnamed these days as neither are even remotely shielded from the whims of fascist government actions.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I would actually like that.

Take another look at my post, and then reread your past posts in this thread. I think you'll find some striking similarities.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Seeing the events of the current year unfold, I am sure of one thing and one thing only.

IDIOCRACY WAS A DOCUMENTARY.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Willtell
Move to Mississippi! You'll be welcomed

If I move and it isn't to Cape May it's gonna be either North or South Carolina or Nashville.

The welcome mat will always be out for you from those of us lucky enough to live in Cape May!
edit on 27-6-2020 by makaira1985 because: no reason

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You miss the main point I always bring up, which is clarifying.

It's not about freedom versus non-freedom but UNLIMITED freedom versus practical freedom

The definition of freedom is:
the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint

That is never from any reasonable philosophical premise taken literally when we refer to freedom in the context of democratic principles.

There are limits to freedom. So, the “freedom” 1st amendment argument doesn’t even apply IMO.

If you give people tickets for not wearing seat belts than you can give people fines for not wearing a mask in an infectious disease pandemic.

If you do one, then you can do the other

Only logical

We won't even bring up taxes, the draft, and the law that mandates you to buy insurance.

The principle is simple.

There NOT moderating your freedom arbitrarily.

Sure, it can be abused

But that's the conundrum of the freedom versus order and safety which always will exist.

In a democracy if and when we see it abused then we vote them out!

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
As for the liberals and their not castigating the Floyd protests as too much and dangerous in light of COVID but would castigate any right-wing rally such as abortion or churchgoers or whatever it’s a clear hypocritical stance.

The moderators so quick to condemn others and not their own cause or who they are afraid of is evident hypocrisy.

And the liberal cancel-culture oppression loomed in front of the liberal moderators.

If any of them dared criticized the marches they would have been probably destroyed and that in itself sucks

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
don't wear masks was first said because there was a shortage for the medical workers on the front lines once they got enough then it was changed and we were told to wear them....that some people CANNOT understand this simple fact is very telling...

originally posted by: proximo

People who don’t want to wear masks are the most selfish assholes around

If you don’t want to do that then be AN ADULT and wear it so you won’t spread the disease to others!

Stop being a selfish jerk-off

See what I don't think you are gathering is a lot of people do not believe the masks work. It's not that they are A-holes that want to kill others - it is more about the CDC and WHO saying they don't work first than reversing course. Kind of destroyed their credibility.

Also the projections millions would die when it is now clear that was total BS has not helped either.

For the record I don't have a problem wearing a mask because I think it is not a big enough deal to make other people upset over.

edit on 27-6-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
don't wear masks was first said because there was a shortage for the medical workers on the front lines once they got enough then it was changed and we were told to wear them....that some people CANNOT understand this simple fact is very telling...

originally posted by: proximo

People who don’t want to wear masks are the most selfish assholes around

If you don’t want to do that then be AN ADULT and wear it so you won’t spread the disease to others!

Stop being a selfish jerk-off

See what I don't think you are gathering is a lot of people do not believe the masks work. It's not that they are A-holes that want to kill others - it is more about the CDC and WHO saying they don't work first than reversing course. Kind of destroyed their credibility.

Also the projections millions would die when it is now clear that was total BS has not helped either.

For the record I don't have a problem wearing a mask because I think it is not a big enough deal to make other people upset over.

That is how I view it, but people don't like being lied to, sets the tone right off the bat..god help us all.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: makaira1985
The welcome mat will always be out for you from those of us lucky enough to live in Cape May!

See you next weekend in that case. Hopefully the Congress Hall fireworks are still on.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

In a democracy if and when we see it abused then we vote them out!

Well then, we've established that the US is no longer a democracy since government actors supporting specific groups is violating the 1st amendment. And the abused seem to love it.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: makaira1985

See you next weekend in that case. Hopefully the Congress Hall fireworks are still on.

Last I checked the Cape May fireworks at Congress Hall on the 3rd are still cancelled....Lower Township fireworks which take place the 4th on the Bay (which were earlier cancelled) may be on again.....still waiting on the final decision.
edit on 28-6-2020 by makaira1985 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
so how many people are out there like this guy?? www.dailymail.co.uk... he is 53 diabetic with a history of mini strokes a bit overweight led protests in maryland has refused to wear a mask for months..

not only does he test positive for the virus but he also REFUSES to help with the CONTACTING effort, you know if you are positive people you have been in contact with you let them know

..this guy really takes the cake....yes he is a republican who LEAD PROTESTS let that sink in for a moment

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join