It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA State Governor mandates forced masks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: American-philosopher

I beeseched, I ask you. How long do we wear the mask for?? a vaccine is not promised

No, no promise of a cure, only time bought to try.

actually that only works if a specific set of circumstances happen.

look people the masks for the most part are WORTHLESS.

first it depends on what type of mask your using.

alot of the home made masks, the bandannas , ect are NOT MEDICAL USE masks

they are not designed to stop a virus in any way..

maybe some cough or sneeze moisture.. but the covid virus itself is smaller than what even a 95 mask is designed for.

second.. masks even if right type have to be worn correctly.. that means full covering and no gaps.
putting it on you CANNOT TOUCH the mask itself or you violate the integrity..

third.. correct masks are ONE TIME USE.. in fact even at that the time frame is depended on how hard you breath / moisture content..

so that mask your wearing needs to be "replaced" even if worn correctly several times a day...
hell even surgical masks worn in ACTUAL SURGERIES ARE REPLACED after every one.

fourth... masks worn by doctors isnt to prevent being contaminated (unless full positive pressure or very good filters) but to prevent MOISTURE (a way of contamination) to other patients..

but even in that they are under the limitations, correct usage and timely replacement.

look people I am NOT SAYING that someone who is immune compromised or specific situations (like a nursing home or hospital visit) it cant help..

but for overall everyday use it is next to worthless

along with alot of very real situations where it will cause harm..

the cold hard truth is we have a family of viruses (corona) that have EXISTED FOR DECADES OR LONGER.
it has infected and effected animals and man for that whole time
it can and has mutated many times.

it (like influenza virus family) can harm those most vulnerable but is not a major fatality threat to most people.

it is time to realize that mother nature has thrown another virus in our life..
most ARE gonna catch it, most ARE GONNA SURVIVE and it is just another thing to be lived with.
no vaccine will totally prevent it, no device like a mask is gonna stop it and sadly people are gonna die.

you dont shut down the world and harm more people because of it.

scrounger

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No, no promise of a cure, only time bought to try.
a reply to: Darkblade71

So again how long should we wear the mask for? I am not going to just wear a mask indefnitely.

Maybe if there was a goal post of like okay you wear the mask for two months or some thing like that we could start hashtags that dont mean anything #weareinittogether,

By the way where did all those hashtags go of us being in it together and were not alone. even though it seems we are more divided then ever?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Protesters aren't wearing masks.

Political elites are out there not wearing masks.

Enough is enough.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
No we do not know jack. A lot of assumptions and speculation is what you are going by. There is evidence that shows masks help but you choose to ignore that evidence because it does not suit your agenda. Wearing a mask shows that you care enough to do what you can to try and reduce risks to others. Find something that is actually important to fight for. a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
Wearing a mask shows that you care enough to do what you can to try and reduce risks to others.

And that's what this mask wearing is all about... "Feels". Might as wear a shirt that says: "I submit, so I care more than you"

All of the tests showing that masks help prevent spread were conducted in a lab, under laboratory conditions. In the real world of being outside, the virus mostly dies after 8 inches from your mouth thanks to the UV our sun puts out. Also indoors, a mask does nothing for you getting the virus, if you also don't wear eye protection since the virus only needs to get in to your mucus membrane to infect you. Also in the labs they don't take wind into consideration either. Let's face it the virus is going to hurt, but unless you already have a health issue that puts you in line for dying from the seasonal flu, cold, or anything else the virus is just going to hurt you hard but not be deadly. The stupid argument about how deadly it is died itself when you have 90 and 100 year olds surviving the virus.

I like that you want to feel like your helping stop the spread, but I'll ask this question again:
"If the state say's that all children must be turned over to them in order to prevent those children from catching the virus, will you?"

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

No we do not know jack. A lot of assumptions and speculation is what you are going by. There is evidence that shows masks help but you choose to ignore that evidence because it does not suit your agenda. Wearing a mask shows that you care enough to do what you can to try and reduce risks to others. Find something that is actually important to fight for. a reply to: Xtrozero

I actually wear a mask... so I'm talking about forcing people to do things with that forcing being more virtual signalling than anything else.

How do you compare "can't go to church, funeral, alone on a beach etc etc or you will kill people" to "protesting is bigger than a pandemic or wearing masks" so have fun with it without anyone on the left saying otherwise.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I like that you want to feel like your helping stop the spread, but I'll ask this question again:
"If the state say's that all children must be turned over to them in order to prevent those children from catching the virus, will you?"

6 feet social distancing is the key thing washing hands is also very good, even greater than wearing a mask. If you are constantly within 6 feet of others for an extended duration then wear a mask, if you can maintain 6 feet then you are good. Remember they were saying it can live on a surface for 17 hours and just talking can infect people over 20 feet away...so ya that is why we were suppose to wear masks...

edit on 25-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Guyfriday

6 feet social distancing is the key thing washing hands is also very good, even greater than wearing a mask. If you are constantly within 6 feet of others for an extended duration then wear a mask, if you can maintain 6 feet then you are good. Remember they were saying it can live on a surface for 17 hours and just talking can infect people over 20 feet away...so ya that is why we were suppose to wear masks...

Outside of the lab it can't go that far in the air, and the outside argument is out when you include that UV from the sun kills the virus. So many people are getting out of shape by others not wearing a mask, that they don't seem to understand the reality of this mask issue is false. That's why the children question is important to ask.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't know about forcing. We are all forced to wear clothes in public and I support that too. If you go around naked in public you can get fined I suppose. That is based on social norms but technically in a certain way it is restricting people's freedoms too. This restriction is temporary and does not cause harm so I think it being mandatory is a good thing. We should be trying everything that is safe that we can to get this virus under control and the economy humming again. If it doesn't work well then at least we can say we tried. Doing nothing about this problem is not a solution.a reply to: Guyfriday

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

The hiding of ones face should never be a social norm, we don't live under Shira law.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Man it is not anything like sharia law. it is just recommended to help stop the spread and it just might save our country and our economy. And whether you think it should be or not it IS a social norm now so get used to it. It is not religious so it is not going to be this way for long. What is the big freaking deal. So don't wear one if you don't want to but if you want to be a courteous person then do it. You probably won't get fined so just do your thing. I am going to wear it, if for no other reason, then as a sign of respect for my elders. a reply to: Guyfriday

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You do realize that all Inslee did here was to move the goal post on preventing the state from fully opening? His reasoning for doing this whole mask thing has to do with now accepting data from the Indian Reservations. Just so you're aware this isn't an issue of right vs wrong, but rather an issue of right to choose vs being told. The rules for mandating that everyone wearing a mask is so arbratrary that many law enforcement personnel are refusing to enforce it due to it being unenforceable in the first place.

The big freaking deal is people like you and other like minded folks that seem to be ok with this level of governmental over reach. There has been no real world tests to show that "any facial covering" will stop the spread. If you think this is the new social norm then the only thing a can say to that is; "bah baah". Wearing a mask should be the option of the person that has a concern, like it always has been, but it should not be forced on to the public by the use of false information.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Has anybody heard that wearing a mask lowers the oxygen content of the air you inhale?

If that's true, a mask over time will make you dumber and more compliant to authority.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If it is unenforceable then it largely symbolic. Why is it overreach? Is anyone experiencing any harm from this mandate? I doubt it. If you get a ticket for going 45 in a 35 but you know you are driving safely is that overreach as well? It might be. But does that mean you do not think there should be speed limits? a reply to: Guyfriday

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It's a misdemeanor if a cop decides to charge you for it, and you get to pay a fine. Again though the way it's written it's very arbratrary as to how it's applied or enforceable. It's governmental over reach because it's making a ruling on peoples behavior based off of false data. It's not like Inslee said people should wear it, he said that it's a misdemeanor if you don't. Again the children question should be asked, it's based off of the same logic, and you seem to ignore it.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I just do not see the comparison between wearing a mask and taking away my children. They are not euqal. One is a minor inconvenience at worst and the other is extremely detrimental. It is like saying murder should be punished equally to jaywalking. is the a reply to: Guyfriday

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The reason for wearing a mask is so that people can't spread the virus to others, but in Inslee's ruling he states that kids under 5 don't have to wear a mask at all. So if Inslee then see's that kids under 5 are being tested as positive for the virus, then what is to stop him from saying that kids under 5 need to be handed over to the state?

While the two issues may seem separate, they are in fact symptomatic of each other. Create a rule the allows for an exclusion, then exploit the exclusion.

Your example of murder equals jaywalking. Well aren't we already at that point? If you are a member of the protected class you can get away with either, while if you just happen to be of the peasantry you might end up dead from either. Though I understand what your saying, but you should understand that these mandates by state governors in really pushing the Draconian Laws boundary.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Masks don't work unless everyone wears them.

WRONG... they only work if put on correctly, worn correctly, worn only for specified amount of time, and YOU ACTUALLY ARE SICK OR EXPOSED TO SOMEONE WHO IS SICK. add to that the "virus" can enter in your eyes, in cuts or scrapes , exposed flesh, ect. so your initial comment right out of the gate is an emotional rant.

If it is mandated and you choose not to wear it,
I hope you get fined for being dumb.

no you are fined for breaking the law... but lets take your logic farther.. if you are arrested for anything is it because your "dumb"? again an emotional over used rant

The ignorance in this pandemic is mind-blowing.

yes YOUR IGNORANCE IS... might i remind you that the chances of dying from covid is .02 percent ? or another way your survival chances are 99.8 percent? that the only threat is if you have bad luck (rare) or specific medical conditions/compromises? to which the common flu, pneumonia, rsv, mersa, and a whole host of other pathogens pose a threat? but you claim others are "ignorant"...smh

Wear a mask or everything will shut down again, and then what?

so its only if we dont wear masks they will shut everything down again? so we dont have to social distance, be in groups smaller than 10 or so, dont have to clean everything just because someone touched it, ? just masks are all we need to do? do you even proof read what you wrote for clear BS?

look no one says if you want to wear a mask you cant..

but to claim EVERYONE must wear one for a virus with a 99.8 SURVIVAL RATE if you catch it.. is just ignorant

scrounger

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

No we do not know jack.

REALLY? all the HARD NUMBERS of infections to deaths, the articles showing how death numbers are twisted, the testing results ect dont exist? so just because you cant google the facts are not there... wow...

A lot of assumptions and speculation is what you are going by.

see above comment.. moving on

There is evidence that shows masks help

within specific parameters and uses.. yes they do..

but you choose to ignore that evidence because it does not suit your agenda.

i see you follow the propoganda tactic of "always accuse y our enimies of your own sins"... well done

Wearing a mask shows that you care enough to do what you can to try and reduce risks to others.

im sorry but "caring" does not translate into "reduce risks"..along with you must balance actions with how much they are effective.. to follow your logic are you willing to be told what you can and cant do because it "reduces risks to others"? because I can think of lots of things that would effect you and your freedoms that i bet you not willing to do to "reduce risks to others"... in short showing your a hypocrite

Find something that is actually important to fight for.

lets translate.. what YOU FEEL is "actually important to fight for".. if we dont agree we are wrong, wanting grandma to die, ect.. how arrogant you are
a reply to: Xtrozero

look you want to wear a mask.. be my guest..

but if we dont want to and especially the facts (like the survival rate of you catch covid is 99.8 percent) show it isnt needed (except in SPECIFIC SITUATIONS) why should we wear one because it "makes you feel good"?

scrounger

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I’ve not worn a mask since this all began. I’m not gonna start now. Most people up here in my town arent following it from what i’ve seen. As of yesterday, there were four, that i read about, county sheriffs that publicly stated they will not be enforcing the mandate. Island, Klickitat, Lewis, and Yakima counties. Luckily, i’m in Island county so i can basically go on about my life as i have been

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join