It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA State Governor mandates forced masks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am now officially super pissed off. I was shrugging a lot of this off and minding my own business, but now I have changed. Where is the outrage?? Masks should be OPTIONAL. PERIOD.

komonews.com...

This is something I'm willing to protest about. Not overly politicized anti-racism, not over police brutality, but THIS. Any fellow Washington state residents against this, lets protest!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: headcheck

Pretty sure the governor doesn't actually have the authority to do so, the state's health department may though (am I wrong about that?)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

The article says it's a legal requirement.
Not sure what would give him that authority.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Spokane here, and I have no plans of following this unconstitutional order.

I just can’t wait for the mandatory orange jumpsuit and lase-less slippers.

Watch, when people protest this they will be painted as right wing extremists and the media will demonize it just like they did the lockdown protests. But a blm riot? Perfectly safe

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Nope, cant trust babies not to spread the illness. Deal with it. Apparently mild discomfort is more important to you than someone's grandparent on a respirator. Pure trash.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151
Let's put the masks on every grandparent and that problem is solved.
You fear it, you wear the mask.

No surprises here.

Jay Robert Inslee is an American lawyer and politician who has served as the governor of Washington since 2013. A member of the Democratic Party,

edit on 24-6-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This is about overstepping people's rights, not my mild or actual full discomfort/claustrophobic reaction to wearing a mask.

No trash here. Should be OPTIONAL, like I said.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Here in TX, Abbott is taking things seriously, but without having to close down businesses.

So, what he did instead, was give the Businesses the option to mandate mask if they can't enforce the six foot distance.

We can still walk outside without our mask, too me that would be overreach.

I think TX has a good handle on things, even tho cases are slowly ticking back up, we've always known about a 2nd wave, more importantly, we've established new procedures to handle this.

I'm just glad the US is in the better position to weather this, and we are.

Someome needs to school Govs on who and what?
edit on 24-6-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

then don't wear them. I don't and never will, my state was one of the first to make them mandatory too. civil disobedience is awesome. if a private business asks you to wear one them either comply (i dont) because they are well within their right or don't patronize that business (what i do)

so far only 1 Aldis in my area has a bouncer out front telling you to wear one. i said not worth it and left.

stand up for yourself, we live under the rule of LAW not under the decree of a governor.

(post by smkymcnugget420 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: headcheck
I am now officially super pissed off. I was shrugging a lot of this off and minding my own business, but now I have changed. Where is the outrage?? Masks should be OPTIONAL. PERIOD.

komonews.com...

This is something I'm willing to protest about. Not overly politicized anti-racism, not over police brutality, but THIS. Any fellow Washington state residents against this, lets protest!

We are talking about Inslee, so what is there not to protest?

When it is onerous to do so, including customers who are eating out at a restaurant.
Lol who decides this?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Great responses so any one who wares a mask is a coward humm . Well then i am one I even got tested being that I am doing preventive measures for my self and any who may come in contact with me .

Not much into religion but very much into common sense . Matthew 5.5 The meek shell inherit the earth .
What this miens is all the bad to teh bone people will be killing each other or in this case showing how tuff they are by not Waring a simple mask and dieing while the people who stay OUT of the fighting and ware a mask dont die .

I know the virus is fake or just not as bad as it is even if its one in a million who die that one can be you .Any thing that a person can control its good for them to try any thing they cant its good to expect .
The virus may get a person even a mask is no fool proof thing But a mask Does reduce the chances quite a lot .
Just like a traffic light reduces accidents .

No solution will stop the virus totally No solution will stop accidents totally But lights and mask ARE PROVEN to reduce both so ill be the alive coward and you can be the dead toff guy . And ill be sure to help any one else who is left a peace for earth is long over do even one that only last 3.5 years .

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: headcheck

This is about overstepping people's rights, not my mild or actual full discomfort/claustrophobic reaction to wearing a mask.

No trash here. Should be OPTIONAL, like I said.

Ummm...and what about the rights of those your overstepping...?

You know...the right to not be adversely affected by you...?

Oh...that's right...why should you be responsible to police your own behavior...and how it might negatively impact someone else...

Just as long as your rights are upheld...screw the rights of anyone you might adversely affect...or infect...

See...that's why there are laws...because no one want's to adhere to the responsibility part of their rights...

you all run around sputtering about Muh rights...and yet continue to show your exemplary lack of understanding that those rights are limited by how they might negatively impact the rights of another...

Bad form dude...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Cool Irony ....

Asking people to wear a mask while the Gov. wasn't wearing one.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It turns out that wearing a mask makes everyone safer (if everyone wears them) so I don't really see why people are fighting it. They wouldn't need to make it mandatory if people would just use common sense and do it voluntarily.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yeah I was telling a family member here I can;t wait to see law enforcement is going to enforce this with what burdens law enforecement is under now.

Also its a complete reversal for inslee who said what maybe a month ago that no I dont want to make face mask a amdatory thing we just need people to voluntarily comply.

Iwas thinking about this to last night.

lets say inslee orders people here to walk backwards. Do we all have to walk backwards, because inslee says so? We need constitutional laws passed not these edicts and commands especially from these governors who are not even medical professionals.

If this was a law that was passed or a vote that happened or something got put on ballot and have vote. Maybe I could respect this. But this is just you Inslee saying I need to wear a mask because you feel its the right choice.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Dimocrat governors are trying to force a second shutdown in an attempt to subvert the will of the people and cheat the Presidential election.

Stand up for your rights!

Refuse to obey!

Our entire way of life is at stake!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

so far only 1 Aldis in my area has a bouncer out front telling you to wear one. i said not worth it and left.
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

yeah we will have to see here in Washington state if we will start to have bouncers.

P.S. Also I think just wear a bandana or a strip of cloth around your neck. if there is a bouncer you can pull it up if they have problem then take it down when they are not looking. thats what I am goign to do. If you want to treat people like kids I will trreat you back a child. If you think a piece of cloth is goingto stop a virus I can give you that placebo effect to make you feel better.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I know the virus is fake or just not as bad as it is even if its one in a million who die that one can be you .Any thing that a person can control its good for them to try any thing they cant its good to expect .
The virus may get a person even a mask is no fool proof thing But a mask Does reduce the chances quite a lot .
Just like a traffic light reduces accidents .

No solution will stop the virus totally No solution will stop accidents totally But lights and mask ARE PROVEN to reduce both so ill be the alive coward and you can be the dead toff guy . And ill be sure to help any one else who is left a peace for earth is long over do even one that only last 3.5 years
a reply to: midnightstar

So a vaccine is not a sure thing. do we wear a mask unitl there is a vaccine ? it could be a year. could be five years. we might not ever have a vaccine?? Sorry thats not how I am going to go through life.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...and what about the rights of those your overstepping...?

If you decided to not wear a mask what rights of others are you overstepping?

Seems you see just one side of the coin in the vast majority of people can get it with little impact or even may have already gotten it.

If you are high risk there is a level of responsibility on your part to stay isolated. Should masks be the new norm in you WILL wear them 100% of the time that you leave your house since those with high risk will be year round and will not only include COVID-19 but even the normal flu...how do you also prevent the 60k that may die next year to a normal flu too?

Is this where we are? Should we lower all speed limits to not exceed 35 too, outlaw motorcycles etc etc...

The secret is IT WAS NEVER TO STOP PEOPLE FROM GETTING THE VIRUS, it was to slow down the spread to not over whelm the system, now that we can see that will not happen we are back to 100% wear to protect grandma?

edit on 24-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join