It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 years after ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
... I became an ATS member, I'm still here.

Many things have changed during these 16 years, but what really made me join and stay all these years remains the same, the fact that, if we ignore what separates us, most people here are united in their feeling ATS as a second (or even first) home, where we know who and what we are going to find, where we can always find an interesting discussion (even if it's not on the front page) and where discussions are (mostly) intelligent and polite.

I wasn't expecting to celebrate my 16 years as an ATS member in this situation, but as I'm an optimist I still decided to make this thread to celebrate my 5844 days as an ATS member.

I hope to keep on visiting for a long time, seeing familiar names and "talking" with some of them.

Thanks everybody for many good moments in those 5844 days. Bring 5844 more!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
16 years ...

That's a long time. Wow ...

And I guess I've never noticed Portugal. I do look at location occasionally, but so many people hide it that I usually don't get much information out of it. Portugal is one of those places that interests me as it's one of those places most people don't think about when they think about going abroad. It's different, you know?

Too bad your anniversary isn't under better circumstances, but congrats on making it all the same.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'll be here 11 years next month.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: ketsuko

I'll be here 11 years next month.

10 years for me

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
Congrats on your 16th anniversary fellow ATS veteran ,well done for sticking with it.

I just had my 15th.
What have I learned?
That the world is upside down and we have possibly slipped into a strange parallel universe without realising it.

I hope the site continues far into the future.
I think it will in some shape or another.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

you have been one of the reasons this site is what it is.
it's been a pleasure "knowing" you.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Happy sweet 16 ! 🎉🎈🎊

About 10yrs. here.

I was fortunate to visit the Algarve in Portugal back in '93.
I loved the food !

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This place wouldn't have been the same without you. I've appreciated a lot of your posts over the years.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Thanks for what you do, even though I've only been here for 3 years or so I appreciate your hard work and forum participation.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

And thank you ArMap for being a kick ass mod!

Over all the years, you've no doubt seen some amazing threads.

Do you have a favorite?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If I think way back to 2008 when I first joined and had no idea how to use all the complicated tags, and what it takes to navigate around here, there was a thread for that, and you ALWAYS were there to give me great counsel. Yep. You and Ashley D. Thank you.

You are a great guy and I will remember you when I recall my time on ATS.

Highest regards,
M.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks, everybody.

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Over all the years, you've no doubt seen some amazing threads.

Do you have a favorite?

I don't have one favourite, but those long threads about Moon and Mars photos are my favourite type of thread. Those threads usually started with a photo and a question and ended up with several pages of investigation, more photos and lots of information for everyone to read.

There were also some like that in the Aliens & UFOs forums, but they ended either in doubt or as a likely hoax. Too bad I never saw a thread with an UFO that really looked like an extraterrestrial craft.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Happy anniversary ArMaP , your reasoned and consistent debating style is one of the few things that hasn't changed in my time here , I will miss your input and logic if or when this place goes dark.

All the best for the future mate.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You definitely represent the best of everything ATS was initially about. Curiosity, rationality, civility. Thanks for all the great content, hard work and your fundamental decency.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What KJ said... Ditto. You've always been extremely helpful and kind to your fellow members and mods.

originally posted by: kosmicjack
You definitely represent the best of everything ATS was initially about. Curiosity, rationality, civility. Thanks for all the great content, hard work and your fundamental decency.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Happy cake day, my friend.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Happy Anniversary ArMaP! 16 years is pretty awesome! You are a terrific Moderator, and I always enjoy your posts.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am one of those that are grateful for your being here those 16 years.

I'm only a year behind but in my 15 years on ATS I've come to appreciate your thoughts on many subjects (mostly on the UFO arena).

Johnny
edit on 25/6/2020 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

kanga, you have a PM

Long time ...no see!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

ArMaP...congrats!!!!!
2004 was an awesome year for members joining.

I'm proud to be in that class with you!
And I hope we can know each other for many more years!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join