It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Only White People Must Wear Masks In Oregon County

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I always find it humorous when liberal white people presume to know and understand the struggles of minorities and lecture conservative whites about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The intent of the people making the order seems genuine. Health officials who's primary goal (posible only goal) trying to protect the health and safety of as many people as possible came up with a set of rules that protects as many people as possible.

In their calculation the risks involved in racial profiling of "people of color" are worse than the risk involved in catching and spreading Covid-19. So clearly for them it would be remiss to impose a health saving order that puts their patient at great health risk rather than less.

However just because racial profiling is more of a health risk than Covid-19 doesn't mean that Covid-19 is not a health risk ... its just less of a health risk than racial profiling.

So from a Health Experts opinion these mask orders are intended to give a clear definition of how the total population should wear masks.

You start with everyone should wear masks and carve out those who would be at greater health risk because of wearing a mask.

People with disabilities shouldn't wear masks since doing so puts them at a greater health risk than presented by Covid-19. Makes sense to everyone.

People of color with a fear of racial profiling shouldn't wear masks since doing so puts them at a greater health risk than presented by Covid-19. Makes just as much sense as the carve out for the disabled; but it does unfortunately present a point of contention during a period of racial unrest.

Health Experts make these types of trade offs all the time when presented with patients of different races and ailments. It's not often under the public microscope.

One does have to wonder though if "racial profiling" is a greater health risk than "Covid-19"; why has the country taken such draconian measures to combat Covid-19 while paying racial profiling only lip service? To me it sounds like a bunch of white bigots let fear over their own health dictate measures they thought unnecessary when it was some other races health that was at risk.

So where do you come down? Did you think the draconian measures to combat Covid-19 where necessary? Do you think those same measures need to be taken until racial profiling is eliminated?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

If the fear of racial profiling is worse than the risk of death from the disease, then no one ought to have to wear a mask.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808
I'm sorry, I should have put an "English person speaking" label on the post, and then you would have recognised, perhaps, the note of irony or sarcasm

Putting this in context; I am a right-winger myself (Thatcherite, to be exact), who finds some amusement in the idea of left-wingers tripping themlves up with their own ingenuity. I remember the occasion in Maggie's time when they "protested" against "the poll tax" by deliberately excluding themslves from the electoral register (and possibly lost an election as a result). Or feminists leaving off their bras to annoy men (and discovering that men are only too pleased). I thought this looked like something similar.

edit on 24-6-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: IAMTAT

My first thought after seeing this earlier today...

"Racist officials forcing extermination of sick/obese people of color!"

What's the word used for Hitler trying to get rid of all Jews?

This was my second thought.

My first thought was these politicians are so retarded they forgot the virus - per the liberal msm - impacts black people more severely.

It’s the end of times at this point.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DanDanDat

If the fear of racial profiling is worse than the risk of death from the disease, then no one ought to have to wear a mask.

That is certainly one way to interpret these events.

Health Experts tend not to concern themselves with the externalities of their decision making. They are trained to deal with the immediate problems facing them and to deal with them quickly. Very good strategy when a patient is bleeding out on your hospital bed.

It may not be such a good strategy when dealing with a global pandemic that has many externalities for every decision that is made. I think this will be one of the biggest take ways from this pandemic that will shape future health policy. "Listen to the health experts" will have to be tempered with voices that have other expertise.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Another example of how Democrats continue to scream equality and still keep placing people into groups and categories and columns 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So it appears again, the left want to kill blacks. Encourage them to not wear masks and get the COVID, BRILLIANT!

Democrats want to genocide the african americans, it all makes sense now.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LocalGenius

No race is mentioned.

LMFAO wtf is people of color then? they even specifically say the term "racial profiling" but no specific race is mentioned because why would you need to when you make a blanket directive like that? jesus christ man.

You always think your'e right when you say something.
edit on 24-6-2020 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
So it appears again, the left want to kill blacks. Encourage them to not wear masks and get the COVID, BRILLIANT!

Democrats want to genocide the african americans, it all makes sense now.

Masks don't prevent getting it, in fact, it increases your chances.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tamsuan

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: IAMTAT

"Did you know that the primary purpose of masks is not to protect the wearer?"

Phage, be fair. Be truthful. Healthy doctors and nurses wear masks when they deal with people sick with a contagious virus, why? Not to protect the wearer but to protect the sick person from the healthy medical practitioner? Is that what you're saying?

You really don't know why doctors wear masks? Look it up. It's not to protect them self. just google why do doctors wear surgical masks and you will find your answer. yup its that easy.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Your bias is showing. What... you thing people on the right want to kill black people btw? That’s an incredibly inaccurate and ignorant statement by you and revealing about your own mindset. Oregon is quit liberal, if you want to look at institutional racism look at the policies championed by the left. Planned parenthood designed as an eugenics program to curb the black population in America still to this day targets black communities. And hey, it’s the perfect left wing plot, they make it seem like a victory for women’s rights.

Deny ignorance.

a reply to: DISRAELI

I think he was being sarcastic. We Brits have a penchant for sarcasm and whilst some say it is the lowest form of wit, it can, in fact, be elevated to quite the art form when wielded by the sharpest of minds.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have said the liberals are actually commiting black genocide with the protests and now this.

What the support of the protests by liberals/progressive's/Democrats is effectively doing is attempting to genocide the black race.

The surge has happened and they haven't even commented that it is in direct relationship to the mass protest gatherings. That is bein complicit in black genocide.

Now this, white people must protect themselves with masks, but black people are not and thus encouraged not to and to catch COVID 19.

We all know that Covid 19 hits the black community the hardest. This is creating genocide while pretending to be helping the black community. The liberals/progressives/Democrats by their actions are actually encouraging the genocide of the black community.

edit on 6/24/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Ummm...that was a healthy dose of sarcasm...from DISRAELI...

And quite humorous at that...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Rob808
Your bias is showing. What... you thing people on the right want to kill black people btw? That’s an incredibly inaccurate and ignorant statement by you and revealing about your own mindset. Oregon is quit liberal, if you want to look at institutional racism look at the policies championed by the left. Planned parenthood designed as an eugenics program to curb the black population in America still to this day targets black communities. And hey, it’s the perfect left wing plot, they make it seem like a victory for women’s rights.

Deny ignorance.

a reply to: DISRAELI

I think he was being sarcastic. We Brits have a penchant for sarcasm and whilst some say it is the lowest form of wit, it can, in fact, be elevated to quite the art form when wielded by the sharpest of minds.

Ummm...indeed...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

People of color who have heightened concerns about racial profiling and harassment due to wearing face coverings in public.

But wouldn't the harassment and profiling stop once everyone was wearing masks?
Wont that group now stick out among the mask wearers as the few non mask wearers and be profiled anyway?

This makes no logical since to me? I feel like the people of color that this is talking about will see it the way I do and wear masks just so they don't stand out. right?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LocalGenius
You didn't answer my question:

"2 people in oregon, 1 white 1 of colour.
None of them wear a mask, only 1 of them is breaking the rules, solely due to the colour of their skin... Or am I wrong or something?"

Your primes is faulty because there are 3 or 4 other exemptions that the white person could claim. Only 1 out of the complete list of exemptions excludes white people.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Jesus, really? [Etc...]

Then again, I just realised how much I'm gonna miss the emotion-free Phage and his Spock-like levels of logic and high-grade pedantry.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just let Jerry give lessons and pointers 😃

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

So am I

This was always my go to place (for several reasons).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join