It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Only White People Must Wear Masks In Oregon County

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LocalGenius

No need for ad homs.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LocalGenius

No need for ad homs.

I genuinely feel you would, I'm sorry my opinion made you feel insulted.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
According to one person in this thread, if a law was passed that provided a coronavirus emergency cash assistance payment of one thousand dollars to every person in the community, with people of color being exempted, that would not be racist, since no race is mentioned.
I guess it would work the same way with voting too?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Did you know that the primary purpose of masks is not to protect the wearer?

Ummm...I know...right...?

That mask they issued me in the military...was to protect the general public from...me...exhaling biological or chemical agents all over the greater unwashed...and not to protect...me...from those same biological or chemical agents...

Right...?

I knew you knew that...cause your the Bacterio-Phage...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Isn't this running into 14th amendment territory? Since when--since Jim Crow--has the government been allowed to make regulations/laws for one race and not for another? I understand the threat--both COVID to everyone and racism to blacks--but......whites can't be mandated to do something that everyone else isn't mandated to do as well. If the one group can't be mandated because of racism, then no group can be mandated.
edit on 24-6-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Oh nooo, not this old downtrodden, disproven many times, repeated a million times moronic statement.

It was invented so that idiots who need authority will wear these masks and feel superior to those that don't. Righteous, better.

Masks are not needed.

Here in the UK pubs are going to open in a couple of weeks.

Masks are actually virus factories, catching the same breath over and over and frankly 99% of masks I see people wear are about as useful to keep a virus in as a chain link fence is good to keep mosquitoes at bay.

Masks are doing harm to the wearer, so don't bother protecting me from you, I care enough to set you free and breath like a normal person after a flu outbreak should.

I don't wear a mask to protect YOU by leading with action.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Health officials in Lincoln County, Oregon, which is inhabited by roughly 50,000 people, issued the order requiring individuals to wear face masks in any situation where they might come within 6 feet of another person, but “heightened concerns about racial profiling and harassment” mean that nonwhite people aren’t required to abide by the rule, according to the New York Post.

That's RACIST!

Non whites aren't required leaves Whites are REQUIRED.

I guess the usual suspects fail at reading comprehension.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I know.
You probably don't believe the headline.
HERE...read the actual article:

Oregon county imposes face mask requirement targeting only white people, minorities exempt over racism fears

Health officials in Lincoln County, Oregon, which is inhabited by roughly 50,000 people, issued the order requiring individuals to wear face masks in any situation where they might come within 6 feet of another person, but “heightened concerns about racial profiling and harassment” mean that nonwhite people aren’t required to abide by the rule, according to the New York Post.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

So...it's real.
If you're a minority in Lincoln County Oregon...you are excluded from the new order forcing everyone to wear a mask to protect them from Covid-19.
Masks are only required for white folks.

These people are completely INSANE!
Yes, Leftists in Oregon are really that F'd up.

Listen or read my MIM's street talk since January. Yes, some of it is pure BS, but the fact now lies in your faces.

I've lead into the world of uncertainty because of what I've seen on the streets here and how it has all changed.

I wrote about the "world we face with a level of uncertainty that we've never had experience before.

Example of this is: here in this country we wore mask for pollen, not for any other reason and by July hardly anyone was wearing mask other then the high alerts of air pollution.

Now with temps hitting up to and over 90 f, it is really impossible to wear mask.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Oh I know. We're all presumed infected. It's to save everyone else from us. But, if we're all presumed to be infected ... why are we all supposed to wear masks?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
An ambitious group of lawyers need to stroll into the executive office that issued this decree and stage a sit-in demonstration, hoping to get charged or arrested.

Now they have a class-action civil law suit and they'll win easy. Cash, cash, CASH! Bankrupt that executive branch for their racism.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
What do they even think they are doing with that restriction? Insane!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The only reason a black person would feel unsafe wearing a mask, they think it makes them a target. It's all in their heads, I seen so many people in my state wearing face masks including black people. I don't think twice about a black person wearing a mask, they are trying to protect themselves, that's all. The only people who are scared are black people, thanks Democrats for conditioning them. You're doing a great disservice to our country.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

"Did you know that the primary purpose of masks is not to protect the wearer?"

Phage, be fair. Be truthful. Healthy doctors and nurses wear masks when they deal with people sick with a contagious virus, why? Not to protect the wearer but to protect the sick person from the healthy medical practitioner? Is that what you're saying?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

Exactly, there's no rhyme nor reason to who will or won't be wearing one here either. Black or white makes no difference. People who wear them will wear and they are just as likely to be wearing them wrong too, black or white.

I don't generally tend to wear one, but I don't generally tend to go out unless I'm heading out to exercise (try doing cardio in a mask) or to go to a space that has a specific group of people running through it. Most of them aren't wearing masks either by now.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tamsuan

Doctors and nurses also aren't wearing the cloth homemade jobbies most of us are stuck with.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Tamsuan

"Doctors and nurses also aren't wearing the cloth homemade jobbies most of us are stuck with."

That's right although when I went out today I wore a genuine "surgical mask" I think. Point is. if two people are face to face whatever mask worn by both REDUCES the transmission of the virus from one to the other. It's not a 100% or nothing question.

In the nation in which I live, there hasn't been a new domestic case for about 30 days, total deaths only 58 out of a population of nearly 70,000,000.

I don't like wearing a mask but I'm not foolish enough to resist what actually works.
edit on 24-6-2020 by Tamsuan because: added a zero to make 70 m

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

These people are excluded.

Persons with health/medical conditions that preclude or are exacerbated by wearing a face covering.

Children under the age of 12. Children over the age of 2 but under the age of 12 are encouraged to wear face coverings but not required to do so.

Persons with disabilities that prevents them from using the face covering as described in this Directive. These persons must be reasonably accommodated to allow them access to goods and services.

People of color who have heightened concerns about racial profiling and harassment due to wearing face coverings in public.

www.co.lincoln.or.us...

Yes, so exactly what the OP said then.
The last point is discriminatory on racial grounds and is therefore illegal.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

Correct. As are whites.

Yeah.
I get followed around in stores because I'm white all the time.

Don’t you live on a island? Take a stroll through S Central some night.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It's a beautifuly ingenious right-wing plot. Encourage a situation in which black people catch the virus and white people don't. Encourage the black people to see it as a triumph.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Your bias is showing. What... you thing people on the right want to kill black people btw? That’s an incredibly inaccurate and ignorant statement by you and revealing about your own mindset. Oregon is quit liberal, if you want to look at institutional racism look at the policies championed by the left. Planned parenthood designed as an eugenics program to curb the black population in America still to this day targets black communities. And hey, it’s the perfect left wing plot, they make it seem like a victory for women’s rights.

Deny ignorance.

a reply to: DISRAELI

edit on 24-6-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join