It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick hot Vinegar pepper sauce

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Oh man, yeah..cloves are awesome
-at wrecking any meal.
I had a beef stew with rosemary and cloves once.
Gagggggg

Ghost pepper powder would be perfect in that mix.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

My buddies who have a big garden had a big harvest of all kinds of super hots and regular chilis. We all had a hot sauce competition with the bounty.

We all picked a different pepper, and I picked Thai chilis.

I did those, lemongrass, ginger, kaffir lime, garlic, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, and a bit of Thai red curry paste.

It came out big and bold with just the right amount of heat.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Who won?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Who won?

In a non mushy kind of way we're all good in the kitchen. We all took pretty different directions, so it was pretty hard to determine a clear winner.

One did a sauce similar to OP, another did a fermented hot sauce (that one was probably my favorite though), another did a fresh one with no cooking which was super clean.

They were all great, and since we had a good tolerance, the super hots were manageable, and if you can get past the heat the complexity and range of flavor on them is very surprising.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
This is hot pepper sauce. Make it hot. I learned the basic construction of this beauty when I used to live in Kingston, JA back in mid naughts. This pepper sauce would go on jerk. But I put it on anything I damn well please.

It basically goes like this. Any hot chili finely chopped combined with Vinegar, sugar and salt and brought to boil and then let to rest. Done. Any number of things could also be added for a depth of flavor. Garlic or herbs etc. charred and roasted, or even add some water if it’s too much vinegar for you.

Remove all the seeds. Seeds will make it bitter.

Habanero
Serrano
Bird eye chili
Maybe jalapeño

A little white sugar

I like Japanese rice vinegar

Garlic clove

Kosher salt

Yeah..scotch bonnet peppers and raspberry or papaya juice (Raspberry turns your chicken n things purple-jerk!). Yeah and gonna try yours!

edit on 23-6-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Nice.

I put hot sauce on everything from pizza to New England clam chowder. There is almost nothing it doesn't enhance.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Yeah!! S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join