It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bristol Channel, UK - UFO or Mirage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The 'UFO' looks like a Fata Morgana, a mirage seen in a narrow band right above the horizon.
Fata Morgana

Three videos, the first is quite good quality, taken from the beach.

The second is a 'Live Photo' which the same uploader claims to show the object in a different position than the first video. I'm not familiar with Live Photo and how it works. I can't embed the video, so have supplied a link.

Live Photo clip

YouTuber, The Hidden Underbelly has also posted it on their channel.

Someone in the comments claims the 'UFO' is a mirage formed by a part of the ship, although I am unsure if it is possible for part of a larger object to produce a smaller mirage. Maybe it is a mirage of the whole ship but smaller in size. I think a mirage is the obvious explanation and I have seen them before but they never cease to amaze in the mind boggling trickery they can produce.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It looks like the perfect setup for a mirage, but maybe it was one where the ship being reflected is at or below the horizon line.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Given the distance from camera it is pretty indistinct.

BUT, it appears to be aerial, does not look like a plane or helicopter though it could be, or a balloon of some description.

That makes it unidentified, flying and object so it is indeed a UFO.

It is sadly not good enough to say if it is something that someone on here can accurately identify or a candidate for something unidentified.

Still great post and some interesting discussion material here.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
if the witness would pony up :

exact time

position

then it may be possible to identify a vessel [ if it exists ] that may be causing the mirage [ if thats what it is ]

using AIS tracking .

i suspect that " steep holme " island is the body aft of the nearest vessel

and with a time // position - we should beable to make a valid guess at her identity - then locat any vessel real or imagined behind her

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I see why you would say it was a mirage. That would be my first guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

...The second is a 'Live Photo' which the same uploader claims to show the object in a different position than the first video. I'm not familiar with Live Photo and how it works. I can't embed the video, so have supplied a link.

I've never heard of Live Photo myself, but the second clip is just a YouTube video;

It's interesting, but I have no ideas,

S&F for something more ATS'y

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I ll bet on that ufo being a ship in the distance, if he lives near there it shouldn't be the first time seeing that.

But we need to rake in those youtube clicks so

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If this is from the 16th. I saw something similar West coast of Cornwall.
My sighting was 21.35 though, theirs looks more like afternoon.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Regarding your Cornwall sighting.................. Was it a single ufo, or a cluster of ufo orbs coming in and out of dimension as appears in the above footage?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
It was like one big rectangle. It was far out to sea, moving North to South.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
It was like one big rectangle. It was far out to sea, moving North to South.

Did it look the same colour as above sighting?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
This is nearly always an issue, uploaders not supplying time and exact location. I suspect it could be June 19th, with the clip uploaded the day after. We could possibly determine beach location from Google Maps and I think it may be Bridgwater Bay Nature Reserve...also, I only just noticed the other ship to the left of the one near the 'UFO'.

Hinkley Point power station is quite close by, hence the tankers.
edit on 24-6-2020 by fromtheskydown because: More info.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The military are doing some training at that location right now, yesterday at 7pm i was about to launch my drone next to Birnbeck Pier to get some pictures of the sunset, when a military Chinook came tearing along the coastline, super low. 30 seconds earlier it would have smashed my drone.
edit on 24-6-2020 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Exactly the same.
I was looking at the clouds near sunset and caught it just below them.
I watched for a few seconds wondering what it was, turned to see where the dog was and couldn't find it again.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Chinook have been flying over my place too.
Also big transport (Hercules type) planes going in and around Newquay airport.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

The misses mentioned lots of copter activity too today over Staffs, she said its normally Chinooks, Mr JCB, air ambulances or Cauldwell, she said these are different, like a fleet of what she said was seen in that film Blackhawk Down

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Dose look like a mirage although there has been lots of ufo / uso sightings from the Bristol channel over the years even plenty witnessed by police.

new topics

top topics

join