It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know that this is a Moth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I heard Greer eventually removed that moth "light being" from his site, but he kept the photo of a bush that he says was an alien that spoke to him and even mentioned the talking bush in his recent CE5 video. I admit the bush looks a little more like an alien after photoshopping the original photo to emphasize the pareidolia. You can see the original bush photo in that thread you linked also.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
So that is how moths look on the cams? it seems like all of you have experience with this? What causes the light that seems to come from it?
Experience with the Greer moth hoax. I'm not 100% sure of the cause of the light that looks like a tractor beam lifting the stump, but the moth and the stump are the two brightest objects in the image so my guess would be some kind of "bleed" between the two brightest objects. It's basically an artifact that image sensors can generate when they are greatly overexposed, and the moth certainly is greatly overexposed.

You can get beams of light artifacts coming out of overexposed stars too, as ESO explains.

www.eso.org...

Each pixel can store only a certain amount of electrons (of the order of 100,000). If a pixel is illuminated by a bright star and/or if the exposure time is long enough, that pixel will fill up, and the electrons will start to fill the neighboring pixels: the CCD is saturated. When the image is read, all the extra electrons will be spread over the column containing the saturated pixels, making a saturation trail, as shown in Fig.11.

As a consequence, any bright and narrow feature on the same column as a bright star must be considered with suspicion: it most likely is a saturation trail.
It's not exactly the same thing with the moth but I suspect it's probably something along those lines. I'd have to look into camera details.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yeah. He jumped the shark quite a while ago.

But a moth is a moth is a moth.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I actually think it's a pretty ridiculous picture. Dont get why MUFON would have this on their site.

What is it that they say it's supposed to represent ?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

Not seeing a moth do you have the link?

It's the really bright object in the top right

So that is how moths look on the cams? it seems like all of you have experience with this? What causes the light that seems to come from it?

This effect explains most, if not all 'ghosts' captured on surveillance cameras, bugs get on the lens, appear white and glowing, and people think it's a ghost moving through the area, even though it's actually moving on the lens
edit on 6/24/2020 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I actually think it's a pretty ridiculous picture. Dont get why MUFON would have this on their site.

From what I understand the images they receive are posted directly by the witnesses and only reviewed later. They don't have any kind of pre-posting vetting. Otherwise, they wouldn't have so many iPhone blue blobs or Starlink videos or just outright unfocused garbage videos.

But they're a non-profit shoestring organization that barely has a website to begin with, so you got to cut them some slack. Every now and then something interesting pops up.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

From what I understand the images they receive are posted directly by the witnesses and only reviewed later. They don't have any kind of pre-posting vetting. Otherwise, they wouldn't have so many iPhone blue blobs or Starlink videos or just outright unfocused garbage videos.

But they're a non-profit shoestring organization that barely has a website to begin with, so you got to cut them some slack. Every now and then something interesting pops up.

Got it. Since they dont have a real review process...

Still, sometimes I feel stuff like that just casts a "these people are stupid" picture on the real phenomenon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join