It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter leader: It’s time to tear down statues of “white Jesus”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That's horrible, blonde haired blue eyed Jesus is the ethnically accurate Jesus. Everyone knows the Aryans came from Judea.

Just don't touch Baby Jesus...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

They think the depictions of Jesus like that go back to Byzantine art that used to be Roman depictions of gods and godesses. It likely got repurposed and the affectation and style spread all over Europe.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Stroll right into the Temple in Jerusalem and kick moneylender ass is what he did. And basically said my goal is to set fire to the world and I can't wait for it to happen. That's the Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. The ass-kicking Messiah.

I like personally Magician Jesus the best. Anyone who can make fishies and bread pop out of no where is okay in my book.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Leaving all that aside, King's rationale is flawed.

King's rationale is to troll people and it's working, mostly because his target audience is a bunch of low grade morons who like to get trolled and don't realize that it's happening.

I wouldn't be so worried about it if we weren't busy tearing down and destroyed every statue that gives us bad feels because ... it seems to some random dude on a horse. I have come to the obvious conclusion that horses are hidden symbols of white supremacy like the OK hand sign.
edit on 23-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
so i guess churches gotta go next?

I think burning museums should be next... March on Smithsonian American Art Museum first and burn it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Possibly.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

By all means, worry about what a troll says on Twitter. He's good at getting people's goat, this certainly proves it.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
i can...Christians today are pussies. they will take a knee and let it happen just like they let the government close the churches without a peep... Christians don't fight these days.

YEAH! This!

When Jesus was roaming the Earth, all white and s***, he was like the mofo'ing Ivan Drago of his time. Blasting bitches in the teeth who he didn't like, being all like, 'I must break you in my Father's name', when they made him unhappy. All that pussy ass turning the other cheek crap came long after he was dead and they turned him into a Karen.

You are, without doubt, the biggest thing I will miss about ATS when it’s gone. Cheers, good man!

link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Surely all here already know this. So, yeah, I guess, if we are after truth, we should demolish this mis-representation of Jesus.

Should we tear down all the statues? Hell no. Rather I would see new statues crafted with a truer representation of Jesus and stood up alongside the old statues as a testament to just how we have been brainwashed for at least a thousand years.

Jesus was also not human....So what do we do with that? lol

link   

originally posted by: 99problems99
Still think they aren't communists in SJW skin?

I guess a race war isnt good enough we need a religious war also.

BLM leader Shaun King Tweeted this

"All murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus, and his European mother, and their white friends should also come down.

They are a gross form white supremacy.

Created as tools of oppression.
Racist propaganda. "

They are ISIS.

gript.ie...

They have a point I doubt that Jesus was white with blue eyes.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Possibly.

It would make sense given that the Byzantines were the western half of the Roman Empire and widely embraced Christianity suddenly. Then you have the association with Charlemagne and the Holy Roman Empire after that.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
You are, without doubt, the biggest thing I will miss about ATS when it’s gone. Cheers, good man!

I'm gonna miss me on ATS. Now I have to break in a whole new forum. *sigh*

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

I'm gonna miss me on ATS. Now I have to break in a whole new forum. *sigh*

Hopefully in the end weeks of ATS we have a thread on where we’re going from here. I’m sure there are a good number of us that will end up in the same places.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

my understanding of the bible is that no one should be worshiping statues anyway. idolatry is what I think it's called.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Matthew 10:34 kjv
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
so people are arguing both sides over a fictional character, wow look how far we have come, I thought humans were meant to be intelligent

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Like I said, you're gonna need that sword since he'll be the Prince of Pieces once BLM gets done with his Cracker Ass Cracker image.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
King doesn't seem to understand that the Egypt of Jesus's time was a thriving province of the Roman Empire and would have been quite cosmopolitan with a healthy mix of all the ethnic groups represented by the Roman Empire in it. King's position is that Egypt seems to mean only black people would be able to blend in there, but that would not have been the case. Anyone from the Empire could have hidden.

Not only that, Josephus likely identified him as the "Egyptian Prophet," living with his posse on the Mount of Olives. There are several interesting indications that Jesus while born in Bethlehem actually grew up in Egypt and may have had some Egyptian ethnicity through Joseph's side of the family. May have even had access to esoteric texts recovered from the library of Alexandria, which is where he was educated. So he might have looked more like this:

Hot Jesus.
Than this:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
There are several interesting indications that Jesus while born in Bethlehem actually grew up in Egypt and may have had some Egyptian ethnicity through Joseph's side of the family.

I thought that cuck Joseph didn't get to contribute his DNA to the process?

This would go a long way into supporting that Jesus was in fact white since everyone knows that God is actually white.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Rome embraced many a culture all the same in some respects.

More about the colour of your money back then.

Constantine knew what he was all about.

Its what came after that's problematic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join