It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter leader: It’s time to tear down statues of “white Jesus”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

He may not have existed as anything other than a parable in a book.

Hence the distinct lack of conclusive evidence where the existence of the Man is concerned.

Its the message that's important, but its also the message that's been perverted to serve a very specific agenda.
edit on 23-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I just can’t wait to see the reactions to the new Rainbow Jesus that’s going to be going up everywhere.

My take on this (that holds zero weight in the world and no one gives a sh!t about but me)-

I don’t really care. From what to believe, I dig the character of Jesus. Many people have written about what they think his teachings were. I think religious statues are better left on the property of a church or inside it.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: rickymouse

Simply because we are one race.

More similar than apart, and all requiring the same things to exist.

And the sooner everyone realizes that fact, the better, for all.

As long as the divide and conquer mentality prevails, we are always going to miss the bigger picture by design.

If we are all one race, why do they say we have four or five races. It isn't about race at all, It is about one group feeling superior to another group, lots of skinny people feel they are better than chubby or fat people, when in essence we are all the same. Same with the sexes, it is not the sex of a person or sexual orientation that is a problem it is attitude that is a problem. I am not racist, but I do not like Jerks or brown-noses. I do not and never will judge a person by their education status either, I judge them by their attitude.

Too many people THINK they are better than others, and that includes the people who run the countries around the world. If they are fair leaders who look out for the interests of the honest hardworking people and not the chaotic jerks, I say they are doing a decent job even though they may THINK they are better than others.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Obviously blm thinks the color is important but why do the christinas care what color a jesus statue is?

Why don't the christines just turn the other check and make all jesus statues black?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

i can...Christians today are pussies. they will take a knee and let it happen just like they let the government close the churches without a peep... Christians don't fight these days.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: andy06shake

Obviously blm thinks the color is important but why do the christinas care what color a jesus statue is?

Why don't the christines just turn the other check and make all jesus statues black?

Why doesnt BLM just erect more statues depicting him as black or make more paintings.

One thing I can guarantee is white Christians wont want to burn them down.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

that's the thing, we don't. make him any and all colors of the rainbow if it helps people relate and hear his word, make him Nubian/Albino/Chinese for all i care.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 99problems99

Why doesnt BLM just erect more statues depicting him as black or make more paintings.

because its not about Christ, its about Christianity.

link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
i can...Christians today are pussies. they will take a knee and let it happen just like they let the government close the churches without a peep... Christians don't fight these days.

YEAH! This!

When Jesus was roaming the Earth, all white and s***, he was like the mofo'ing Ivan Drago of his time. Blasting bitches in the teeth who he didn't like, being all like, 'I must break you in my Father's name', when they made him unhappy. All that pussy ass turning the other cheek crap came long after he was dead and they turned him into a Karen.

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There is no if about it.

We are indeed all part of a very Human race.

Give it a few years and you may live to witness humanity 2.0.

Sill be from the same to a very similar stock all the same.

To many people, ""thinking"" has never been the problem.

link   

Its the message that's important, but its also the message that's been perverted to serve a very specific agenda.

For the last couple of millennia, by everyone.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Jesus would look identical to Osama bin Laden. They are probably related.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

i remember distinctly something about a cat of nine tails and flipping tables...

besides fighting for what you believe in doesn't have to have anything to do with violence. i can stand up for myself without raising a fist in anger.
edit on 23-6-2020 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: 99problems99

That's horrible, blonde haired blue eyed Jesus is the ethnically accurate Jesus. Everyone knows the Aryans came from Judea.

Leaving all that aside, King's rationale is flawed. He's basing it on the idea that Jesus couldn't have looked like that because he fled to Egypt.

King doesn't seem to understand that the Egypt of Jesus's time was a thriving province of the Roman Empire and would have been quite cosmopolitan with a healthy mix of all the ethnic groups represented by the Roman Empire in it. King's position is that Egypt seems to mean only black people would be able to blend in there, but that would not have been the case. Anyone from the Empire could have hidden.

link   

a reply to: Chance321

Total control eh?

Is that not the goal of many an organized religious practice including Christianity?

Control is what its all about, and then some.

True Christianity is a relationship, not a religion. Scripture also says never construct any graven images. If it was important what Christ looked like, we would have been given all the details. We intentionally were not

link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Some more than others, and generally the victors rather than the vanquished.

Hence the problem with perverting facts and fiction to suit personal agenda over the good of the many.

Aka history for the most part.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
i remember distinctly something about a cat of nine tails and flipping tables...

I distinctly recall his moniker as the Prince of Peace.

But you should be outraged, BLM is going to turn him into the Prince of Pieces. Lock and load mofo's, this race war is on!

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
When Jesus was roaming the Earth, all white and s***, he was like the mofo'ing Ivan Drago of his time. Blasting bitches in the teeth who he didn't like, being all like, 'I must break you in my Father's name', when they made him unhappy. All that pussy ass turning the other cheek crap came long after he was dead and they turned him into a Karen.

Stroll right into the Temple in Jerusalem and kick moneylender ass is what he did. And basically said my goal is to set fire to the world and I can't wait for it to happen. That's the Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. The ass-kicking Messiah.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Christianity aside if life was supposed to come with an instruction manual it would be amongst the afterbirth would it not?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Leaving all that aside, King's rationale is flawed.

King's rationale is to troll people and it's working, mostly because his target audience is a bunch of low grade morons who like to get trolled and don't realize that it's happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join