It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter leader: It’s time to tear down statues of “white Jesus”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks, man, you too. I'm sure we'll run into each other again, maybe with less assholes.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Nah, just leave crap be, people know better. Kinda like black or Asian Santa -- we know lily-white Dutch Sinterklaas was the root visual origin of American Santa, but it doesn't stop blacks (or Asians, or anyone else) from tailoring him to reflect them visually, so how come blackwashing something/someone is ok, but whitewashing is oppression?

These whiny dumbasses need to grow up, the world does not revolve around toddlers having temper tantrums over dumb crap.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There are a lot of black and Hispanic Christians. Also, Jesus was Jewish, not really white.

I think that they are nuts when they think Jesus was about race.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I like the Bleaster Bunny and the Fwairy Godmother. Two of my favorite ethnic made up people, just like White Jesus.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am not a church going person, but I would defend my wife’s parish from these terrorists.
I have enough ammo to make a pretty long siege, longer then they could go without Mom’s cookies and milk in her basement.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 99problems99

That is sounding pretty much like domestic terrorism to me. Time put a lid on this can of worms.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Aye, the Human race.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I love how some of you guys act like Jesus isnt on their list because Shaun King. lol

Then in a few weeks when they are tearing them down you will come up with some other BS to justify it.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

What skin colour does God have ?

As Jesus is the Son Of God he may have taken his fathers genes to determine his skin colour.

edit on 23-6-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I am not a church going person, but I would defend my wife’s parish from these terrorists.
I have enough ammo to make a pretty long siege, longer then they could go without Mom’s cookies and milk Mum-Mums in her basement.

FTFY. They're not old enough for real cookies yet, they get the baby biscuits still.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 99problems99
I love how some of you guys act like Jesus isnt on their list because Shaun King. lol

Then in a few weeks when they are tearing them down you will come up with some other BS to justify it.

No, I'm taking this sooper seriously, this is the beginnings of a long and protracted race war and I'm prepared. I have ammo stocked up (learned this from another poster above) and I'm ready to go to town to protect White Jesus. Me and Derek Vinyard are ready to curb stomp anyone who gets in our way.

edit on 23-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Jeffrey Hunter, Max Von Sydow, Robert Powell, Willem Dafoe and Jim Caviezel will be frowning in disappointment.

edit on 23-6-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Breaking: random jerk makes race baiting tweet. Shockingly bait is taken!

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 99problems99
Still think they aren't communists in SJW skin?

I guess a race war isnt good enough we need a religious war also.

BLM leader Shaun King Tweeted this

"All murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus, and his European mother, and their white friends should also come down.

They are a gross form white supremacy.

Created as tools of oppression.
Racist propaganda. "

They are ISIS.

gript.ie...

Is Talcum X really a BLM leader? What's next Joe Biden the BLM Leader?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Jesus doesn't like idols, which is what the statues and paintings of him are. I don't have a problem with tearing them down as long as they tear everyone of them down.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Well Muhammad owed slaves so it’s time to cancel Islam

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Aye, the Human race.

How can the Human Race not be racist, after all it is called the Human Race. I prefer to consider myself by my oldest ancestry which would be my Neanderthal genetic ancestors. I have no clue what color neanderthals were....but I do know I am a dark Finn, so I am way tanner than the white Finns. Evidently I do not have any black in me, but do have a little Inuit or Eskimo...total 1.7 percent....I am cold hearted, I like Winter.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Simply because we are one race.

More similar than apart, and all requiring the same things to exist.

And the sooner everyone realizes that fact, the better, for all.

As long as the divide and conquer mentality prevails, we are always going to miss the bigger picture by design.

edit on 23-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, if you go strictly by what it says in the New Testament and not interpretations from other various dubious sources, Jesus was a kind of "shapeshifter.". He appeared at different times as completely different people, including sometimes as a child. He appeared after his reserrection as a completely unrecognizable stranger who had to prove who he was by showing the apostle Thomas his unhealed wounds.

He sort of took on the attributes of a "spirit" which could move from person to person. Kind of like a demon possession, actually. The evangelicals have always embraced this notion, and accepted that sometimes people can be filled with the spirit of the Lord and essentially serve as a proxy for the boss himself. It has unfortunately allowed them to be hoodwinked by crooks, but the basis of their beliefs is right there in the NT.

So probably the most accurate Jesus depiction would be of several different people of varying ethnicities, ages, and even sexes. Rather than destroy an old depiction, they should be adding to it to more accurately follow the narrative.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
" All Artistic versions of Jesus Matter "....... He was probably more brown skinned, but how people interpret Jesus is a personal thing. Absolutely No moral high-ground destroying / vandalizing Beautiful works of art that are spiritually meaningful to others. It's a form of Terrorism and should be treated as such.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join