It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter leader: It’s time to tear down statues of “white Jesus”

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I'm at work and I'm going to need you to calm down before I laugh myself into unemployment.

That escalated quickly...

You've missed much in your absence, Kanga. Very much.

The absolute story of my life...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's the problem with arguing with you. You always know what the argument is in your own mind and you never bother laying it out for the rest of us. You're the ultimate windmill to tilt at.

All this windmill is going to say is you're not just afraid of your own shadow, but of assimilation. Cultures change. Sometimes in giant leaps, sometimes slowly, but they change

It will be OK though

Also, not for nothing ketsuko, but Jesus would be pulling down those statues with his bare hands probably. I have a feeling preserving Western Civilization wasn't his first priority

You know - if everything they say about him is for real
edit on 6/26/2020 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Pray tell ... what am I being assimilated into?

All I have seen is a call for change. No one has yet articulated what I will be changing into.

Do you know when that has happened in the past? Germany, France, Venezuela, Russia, China, Cambodia ... those are just some of the places where the call for change outstripped any coherent articulation or plan for a replacement.

Perhaps you are eager to be assimilated into such things, but I see the millions who died along the way and am not so sanguine about my chances. Even those who wanted to assimilated ended up dying horribly in the process.

But no, that's not what I am after.

My puzzlement is that the art of the past does not reflect the world you say you want to build. That's fine. The world of the past was not that world. That's kind of the point, is it not? If it was, then there would be no point to trying to create that world. You cannot create that world by destroying the things of that past world. All you accomplish is destruction.

Now I get that. Destroying is easy. It is much, much harder to create something worthwhile in your own right. Creation, creativity, are much more difficult impulses. They take original thought and wisdom.

It's like the current mad on to retcon comic book characters into PC, SJW versions of themselves instead of creating those characters. If you want a Muslim sperhero, just make one all on its own. Don't take an established character and retcon him or her to suddenly be a Muslim lesbian transsexual.

People here who are familiar with my views would likely be surprised at the books in my library and the types of characters I enjoy reading on a regular basis. But those characters are who they are and are who they were created to be. I find their stories interesting and compelling. They aren't regular and familiar characters who were suddenly changed to fit some more PC ethos that some other person decided would be more correct for them.

Art should be the same. It is what is and what is was created to be, not what you think it should have been. If you want art that is otherwise, make it yourself. And if there is merit in what you create, others will hold it in high esteem for what it is. Paint your black Jesus pictures and if they are good, they'll be exhibited alongside any of the white ones of old because they will have that merit in their own right.

Good God, get out there and compete to take your place in history instead of destroying what others have done.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Funny how these retards bitch about "racism," while peddling it themselves!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

My puzzlement is that the art of the past does not reflect the world you say you want to build.

I'm puzzled by your fear of the angry hordes. This is what I'm saying. It's not complicated

I'm also saying white Jesus wouldn't spend any time defending his own statue

Life - and art - changes. The world I want to build includes the freedom to change

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

My puzzlement is that the art of the past does not reflect the world you say you want to build.

I'm puzzled by your fear of the angry hordes. This is what I'm saying. It's not complicated

I'm also saying white Jesus wouldn't spend any time defending his own statue

Life - and art - changes. The world I want to build includes the freedom to change

My fear is that the purging of art leads to the purging of people.

We purge this because it is white oppressive. We purge that because it is white oppressive.

And when this or that is not enough to fix our lives, then we find we have nothing left to purge except the people.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

My fear is that the purging of art leads to the purging of people.

That's honest

Thank you for that - I actually agree with you

Shaun King was horsing around. There are people dumb enough to take him seriously, but we should worry about that when it happens

He makes a valid point though, and unless you're against free thinking there's no harm in taking his point seriously

These statues that have been coming down are at least partly coming down because they stood as a barrier to all people in society feeling welcome in this culture, and being treated as equals

There is no easy solution to a problem like that. Unfortunately

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sounds like a Black Hebrew Israelite (as they call themselves). They also like to push the button with the label "Black Pride" on it. I'm sure they're quite happy with these racist black pride parades (supposed anti-racism protests). See how innocently it's described on wikipedia:

Black pride is a movement in response to dominant white cultures and ideologies that encourages black people to celebrate black culture and embrace their African heritage.

Sounds innocent doesn't it? Make no mistake though...

Prejudice and Discrimination—Getting to the Roots (Awake!—2009)

A good start is to acknowledge that none of us are above developing prejudices. The book Understanding Prejudice and Discrimination says: “Perhaps the most important conclusions to emerge from prejudice research are these: (1) no one capable of human thought and speech is immune from harboring prejudice, (2) it often takes deliberate effort and awareness to reduce prejudice, and (3) with sufficient motivation, it can be done.”

Education has been described as “the most powerful tool” in the fight against prejudice. The right education can, for example, expose the root causes of prejudice, enable us to examine our own attitudes more objectively, and help us deal wisely with prejudice when we are victims.

Getting to the Roots

Prejudice causes people to distort, misinterpret, or even ignore facts that conflict with their predetermined opinions. Prejudice may have its beginnings in seemingly innocent, but misguided, family values, or it may be sown by those who deliberately promote warped views of other races or cultures. Prejudice can also be fostered by nationalism and false religious teachings. And it can be a product of inordinate pride. ...
Pride. In the form of inordinate self-esteem or haughtiness, pride can make a person more susceptible to prejudice. For example, pride can cause a person to be prone to feelings of superiority or disdain toward the less educated or the materially poor. It may also make him inclined to believe propaganda that elevates his national or ethnic group. Clever propagandists, such as Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler, have deliberately nurtured national and racial pride to rally the support of the masses and to malign those considered to be different or undesirable.

What does the Bible say? “Everyone that is proud in heart is something detestable to Jehovah.” (Proverbs 16:5) “[Do] nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with lowliness of mind [consider] that the others are superior to you.” (Philippians 2:3) Ask yourself: ‘Do I take secret delight in flattering comments about my own race or ethnic group or in disparaging remarks about others? Am I inclined to be jealous of those who have talents that I lack, or do I take genuine delight in their abilities?’

Yes, for good reason the Bible cautions: “More than all else that is to be guarded, safeguard your heart, for out of it are the sources of life.” (Proverbs 4:23) So view your heart as truly precious, and let nothing corrupt it! Instead, fill it with godly wisdom. Then, and only then, will ‘thinking ability and discernment safeguard you, to deliver you from the bad way, from the person speaking perverse things.’​—Proverbs 2:10-12.

edit on 26-6-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I wouldnt need to defend it since its the truth , there is no such thing as white people art or black people art there is just art

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"What I'm saying is, I was alive I know everything, including the color of Jesus." That's you, decoded.
Stop sympathizing with the commies.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They're Isis. Calling people ISIS, sounds legit..
Speak of the devil, who's making sure ISIS isn't BLM in the first place? We went through years of threats and whatnot from these as sholes, but now we can't be bothered with it? They may be imposters terrorists, still terrorists.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Pray tell ... what am I being assimilated into?

All I have seen is a call for change. No one has yet articulated what I will be changing into.

Do you know when that has happened in the past? Germany, France, Venezuela, Russia, China, Cambodia ... those are just some of the places where the call for change outstripped any coherent articulation or plan for a replacement.

Perhaps you are eager to be assimilated into such things, but I see the millions who died along the way and am not so sanguine about my chances. Even those who wanted to assimilated ended up dying horribly in the process.

But no, that's not what I am after.

My puzzlement is that the art of the past does not reflect the world you say you want to build. That's fine. The world of the past was not that world. That's kind of the point, is it not? If it was, then there would be no point to trying to create that world. You cannot create that world by destroying the things of that past world. All you accomplish is destruction.

Now I get that. Destroying is easy. It is much, much harder to create something worthwhile in your own right. Creation, creativity, are much more difficult impulses. They take original thought and wisdom.

It's like the current mad on to retcon comic book characters into PC, SJW versions of themselves instead of creating those characters. If you want a Muslim sperhero, just make one all on its own. Don't take an established character and retcon him or her to suddenly be a Muslim lesbian transsexual.

People here who are familiar with my views would likely be surprised at the books in my library and the types of characters I enjoy reading on a regular basis. But those characters are who they are and are who they were created to be. I find their stories interesting and compelling. They aren't regular and familiar characters who were suddenly changed to fit some more PC ethos that some other person decided would be more correct for them.

Art should be the same. It is what is and what is was created to be, not what you think it should have been. If you want art that is otherwise, make it yourself. And if there is merit in what you create, others will hold it in high esteem for what it is. Paint your black Jesus pictures and if they are good, they'll be exhibited alongside any of the white ones of old because they will have that merit in their own right.

Good God, get out there and compete to take your place in history instead of destroying what others have done.

Star to you
Well stated.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Sounds like a Black Hebrew Israelite (as they call themselves).hey also like to push the button with the label "Black Pride" on it. I'm sure they're quite happy with these racist black pride parades (supposed anti-racism protests). See how innocently it's described on wikipedia:

Strangely enough there is a black jewish tribe, they are called the Lemba People
edit on 0000006062466America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
they destroy jesus statues and it will be definitely a Holy War a reply to: 99problems99

edit on 28-6-2020 by 2ndSEED because: Edited

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's , and unto God the things that are God's.

Mans Law

Gods Law

Man has Free Will and a Choice to be Made.........

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
jesus wasnt white, he was brown. would you prefer the truth or a lie ?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
jesus wasnt white, he was brown. would you prefer the truth or a lie ?

Yeh Kanye thinks he was white and that's coming from Yeezus

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

" jesus wasnt white, he was brown. would you prefer the truth or a lie ? "

Well , I dunno . I am Pretty Sure His Old Man IS White , so Maybe he is the Progeny of an Interracial Marriage ? ....Hmm...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Please don't disturb his box of certainties sir, that would be offensive.
Being closed off is a right.
Any particular color that thinks that they were the sole contributor to anything that can not be accurately documented or proven without the shadow of a doubt in a history built on lies and subterfuge, is a tool. An ineffectual, dull , tool.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PharoahSpiderMan

Race Baiting is All the Rage Today it seems , but in the End we are All just Human Beings . In that regard , Racism is just an Irrational Way of causing Trouble among Men .

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join