It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members who are into "debating" politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
First off, I am all for saving ATS, but I am also looking at options if ATS goes dark. I do love ATS though and hope it can be saved.

It seems to me there are two groups of people here. People who love the old conspiracy central ATS and people who love the down and dirty Mud-Pit. Neither side is wrong. It's just a matter of personal preference.

So, I decided to search political debating sites and I found a few that seem similar to the political side of ATS.

They are debatepolitics.com and debateisland.com

Have any of you looked into either of these or are members? Any of you find an even better political debating site? If so, what is it?

Anyone interest in joining me on one or the other? It just seems like more fun if I find a new home with some familiar people.
edit on 22-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Perhaps if all the down and dirty politics moved away from ats years ago, this wouldn't even be an issue.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Perhaps. What does it matter at this point? Maybe it would have died off way earlier without politics? Seems to me all the traffic is in the political threads these days so my guess is there would be even less members than there are now without politics.

I didn't really start this thread to debate what the site should be. I have never understood why the conspiracy people couldn't create more threads or focus on their interests and quit bitching about the political side of ATS, but whatever.

If there were tons of conspiracies in the flagged topics, instead of political topics getting all the flags, then I would just go to a political forum and found what interested me.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm not arguing with you so much, as offering another view.
You may be right.
Politics did drive a crap ton of site traffic, hell, I've even gotten involved a bit.

In the end though, politics can be, and indeed are discussed everywhere on the net. As you posted, there are sites that specialize in it.
Why turn a site that started as an alternative subjects forum into a political discussion site?
It happened, and it's ok, good luck to you in finding a new home. I wish you well.
I didn't wish to start a disagreement.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Politics and conspiracies are intertwined, there's no getting away from that. This left/right, paritsan, social justice politics nonsense that's infested everywhere, not just here though..

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Thanks, but hopefully we can keep ATS alive. That would be my preference. I love this site because it has both and politics and conspiracies and they kind of go hand in hand i think.

Good luck to you as well. Sorry for the smartass reply.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

We agree on that, politics and conspiracys are definitely intertwined! I guess that's how ats's political section grew over time.

It's tough to have one without the other.
And, you can get short with me anytime my man, I can take it.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's not politics. Just not enough content so there is not much to talk about other than re-hashing old UFO and conspiracy topics and maybe some general chit chat about tech and personal stuff.

The politics could be taken off the front page easily but guess what; traffic drops off a cliff. My sports team does this on their site but there is much to talk about. Players, other teams players, offense, defense strategies. Actual games. Then add in fantasy leagues. It's an entire world daily around this one team with new story lines by the hour.

I try to post cool stuff outside of politics on here but it's hard the find. One of the coolest recently was ham radio folks being able to talk to the ISS. One of them talked to the recent Tesla launch which is very cool. Could you imagine being a kid and talking to them in your garage. Amazing.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Trading insults is not debating.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I think what is killing off most “conspiracies” is the available of the Internet to fact check conspiracy theories.

The gate keepers that manufactured conspiracy fantasies for a target audience have been bypassed by easy fact checking provided by the Internet.

And once those gate keepers are caught lying, it kills the credibility of ufology, cryptozoology, and media shows like Ancient Aliens.

ATS conspiracy forums are being killed by actual fact checking. The political forums are now on the for front because there is a very real abuse of power by politicians to conspire for more political power. And the use of media to control people’s perception.

To sum up. No physical, artifact, fossil record bigfeet ever existed. The abuse of power to gain more power by world leaders is real.

ATS is suffering the same slow death that Coast to Coast Radio is suffering.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

You’re appealing to a very small minority of ats. Most of the folks who live for the mud pit aren’t there to debate. They’re there to repeat talking points and “win” whatever it is they think they’re doing.

But it ain’t debating.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

So, I decided to search political debating sites and I found a few that seem similar to the political side of ATS.

They are debatepolitics.com and debateisland.com

Have any of you looked into either of these or are members?

Don't. DefaultPropaganda.com is a safe haven for right-wing authoritarian imperialist elitists and neocons. If you don't fit into that demographic, the most elite and veteran site members will collude with the staff to silence you by any means necessary. They're like the people from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, absolute menaces to society that hate one another but will stick their neck out to assist one another in trashing other people who try to break up their loony bin/echo chamber. Terrible awful human beings.

EDIT: Lol one of them just popped up in a thread here all butthurt I was talking # about their #fire of a #ing website, insufferable frothing mad elitist swine
edit on 22-8-2021 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

top topics

join