It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An alternative to picking the lesser of two evils

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

My normal Voting Strategy is to vote out the incumbent no mater who they are or what party they belong to.

but Donald Trump presents a viable alternative to that strategy; being a agent of change and/or distribution good
or bad I'll likely be voting for him over the wet blanket that is Joe Biden.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: smurfy

I take it you didn't read anything I posted

Pretty much par for the course around here.

Maybe that's why ATS has "gone downhill." People stopped #in reading and actually responding to what was said.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

I like Jorgensen for the most part, I don't agree with her stance on opening up the borders, but that's basically it.

There are two things that concern me about her. She doesn't have a voting record to back up how committed she is to her political views, and her running mate Cohen isn't taking things seriously.

He's let Vermin Supreme rub off on him too much, and in some cases he's taking it even further by making more ridiculous claims.

If she wants my vote she going to have to convince the Libertarian party to dump Cohen.

Edit to add:

Spike Cohen self-identities as an anarchist. I know it's known that I have stated multiple times that I identify as an Anarcho-Capitalist that doesn't mean I'm automatically going to support an "anarchist" who doesn't take things seriously.

I wouldn't vote for Vermin Supreme, and I'm not going to vote for Spike Cohen. They're both jokes.

Anyone can claim to be an "anarchist" and want to eff the system, or "stick it to the man," but I don't support BS, especially when most of these lower-a anarchists are just extreme lefties who don't understand capitalism other than it's "evil" while trying to advance the goals of rich men.

I want real solutions.
edit on 2262020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: smurfy

I take it you didn't read anything I posted

Pretty much par for the course around here.

Maybe that's why ATS has "gone downhill." People stopped #in reading and actually responding to what was said.

I concur. The politics really did sock it to this site.

I respect a lot of people here regardless of their political slant, but when I go read a story about a bigfoot sighting or a UFO and the thread devolves into political trolling... ot kind of speaks for itself.

There are members here who I don't agree with politically, but then I create a thread asking about paranormal spots or computer parts sourcing and those same members share information that I greatly appreciate.

The mud flinging all goes back to politics. It seems more than ever that for whatever reason people want to attack each other instead of live and let live or getting together and coming up with real solutions to our political problems.

Even in this thread a member wanted to troll me and instigate an argument. I feel overall though that this thread is a pretty decent one, and I'm appreciative of that.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

That wasn't really what I was trying to say. The politics isn't so much the problem as it is the unwillingness of people to actually read what the other person is saying and respond to it. You even see it in threads that have nothing to do with politics.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Oh yeah. Sorry, I was hasty in my response to ya. My bad. Yeah, I don't think it's specifically the politics that is the problem either.

And that's true as well. You think maybe it has something to do with how a person may feel the need to be right all the time, or feel superior in knowledge, or just feel better?

What do you think it is?
edit on 2262020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm voting for orange man bad again, thanks for playing. Where else can see liberal heads explode for another 4 years, this has been the best entertainment and to think I get 4 more years of a free show.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well, why don't the people speak again, louder, and really shake them up, and vote for neither. There will be independents running. Knock them speechless by electing one of the independents.

Please this^

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I am voting for Trump because his policy reflects my own. Also, I can’t stand the way Democrat’s have gone off the rails.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Oh yeah. Sorry, I was hasty in my response to ya. My bad. Yeah, I don't think it's specifically the politics that is the problem either.

And that's true as well. You think maybe it has something to do with how a person may feel the need to be right all the time, or feel superior in knowledge, or just feel better?

What do you think it is?

I think it's the other side of the double-edged sword that is the information age. We have access to so much information now, which is great. But the downside is that people think they're so well-informed on every issue because they've read a freaking article on it that they're not willing to entertain the possibility they may not understand the nuances of the issue. You see this a lot on social media when people claim they "researched" something, meaning they spent 4 seconds on Google and 2 minutes reading an article from whatever their favorite biased source is.
edit on 22 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Jo is probably going to get my vote. I’d rather ‘throw away’ a vote in hopes of some actual change than take part in any of the D and R BS going on. Those idiots have had enough time to prove their idiots.

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Here's what I want.

An administration that dials back wasteful spending, including but not limited to the pointless wars. I want that administration to address our ballooning debt. I'd also like to see reform on the side of the current central banking system and how an autonomous private entity controls our currency.

I also want the admin to restore our rights that have been tread on by both sides of the aisle and every president in recent history. I also think we should start relinquishing the federal power structure both sides have been so giddy to have gotten.

I know that's a pipe dream, and I won't get anything I want because both sides are so willing to continue in this tit for tat.

Here here!

As the cherry on top, for the hippie in me, I’d like a president who can take the podium and people will listen not because they’re waiting for the next insult or the next headline to run in fake outrage, but because the character and goals of said president draw that attention on it’s own.

edit on 22-6-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Its pretty interesting.

When Im reading actual research papers, its to make further inferences, connections, question method, and approaches along those lines. Frequently to supplement my own work and research. It means I can be wrong about what I take away from it too.

Even those that do read actual papers seem to think they are looking at Truth. But, thats if they even go that far.

As you say, most "research" is literally reading headlines and small, easily digestible excerpts. Hell, many media articles change what they are saying drastically from the headline to the closing statements.

Somewhere along the line, the media (and controlling interests) have started to define what "science" is.

I think it goes much further than that though.. In that media (news, social media platforms) have begun to completely define reality for people. What is mentioned is "reality," and just as importantly, what isnt mentioned does not exist.

Stopping that hostile manipulation is important, imo. It isn't journalism. And coupled with rampant dopamine addiction, its a serious problem.

I think handling that, and reducing centralized dependency with modern technology would dramatically work towards solving a lot of issues.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Honestly, I may vote for Trump as well for the Same reasoning. It's a #ty reason, but I can't stand the holier-than-thou attitude presented by the Liberal/DNC figureheads.

Why would I vote for the group who has called me a deplorable amongst other things.

That's if I vote. I still haven't made up my mind.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I think that's a plausible, and likely, reason for the breakdown in civil discourse.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

While I can understand the reasoning for people wanting a president who can make the citizens of the United States feel warm and fuzzy on the inside I personally don't want a president who is just a charismatic puppet.

I don't want someone sugar coating information, and telling me everything is going to be okay while I look around and see otherwise.

I want a president who presents the facts. With no bias.

I want a president who speaks to the American people and motivates them to get over their differences and work together.

I don't want a president who caters, or capitulates, to other countries.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Jo is probably going to get my vote. I’d rather ‘throw away’ a vote in hopes of some actual change than take part in any of the D and R BS going on. Those idiots have had enough time to prove their idiots.

Actual change?

The only change is the tone of the lip service from one of these guys to the next. If you vote for Biden, we'll see a different tone, and the same exact country.

How was hope and change last time around? It looked like an extension of the Bush admin to me. More wars, furthering the Patriot Act scope, revival of the Espionage Act with a directive which made it more used than ever before, so on and so forth.

Trump hasn't really changed much either.

What do you think Joe would change?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I agree with this.

I think it would also be beneficial if people were more open to the possibility that they might actually be wrong on something.

I very rarely see people admit they could be wrong or mistaken.

Very rarely see it here. Basically never see it in person.

I'm more likely to see people get pissed, and emotional, and never talk to a person they disagreed with.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Serdgiam

I agree with this.

I think it would also be beneficial if people were more open to the possibility that they might actually be wrong on something.

I very rarely see people admit they could be wrong or mistaken.

Very rarely see it here. Basically never see it in person.

I'm more likely to see people get pissed, and emotional, and never talk to a person they disagreed with.

This is true in my experiences as well.

I just know in my case, if I lived like that, I’d still be a drunk working part time in a restaurant, sleeping on someone’s couch.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Right? I'd probably be dead or in jail.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Cthulu 2020 - “Why vote for the lesser of two evils”

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join