It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An alternative to picking the lesser of two evils

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Alright, look why don't we all just speed up this trainwreck and start voting for the evilest of evils?

Why delay the inevitable? Let's just make it happen.

Now, I'm not really saying go out and vote for Trump or Biden. Hell, go out and write in Evilest of Evils for all I care.

Biden sucks and Trump sucks, and yet for some inexplicable reason the majority of American citizens who are going to vote are going to vote for one of those two.

A vote for Biden is a vote for a non voted VP to become president. So, if Biden wins I really do hope that he picks Major to be his VP. I mean Biden even says that Major is a "talker."

A vote for Trump is a vote for four more years of whining from the Lefties and Democrats. And well, a whole bunch of ridiculous talking.

I mean at least it's taken about four years for names to be named, and that wouldn't have happened if Hillary had won.

Not that it matters. Depending on who you talk to, everything is a sham.

Everything is fake news. Nothing is true. No one can be happy when some are unhappy, so everyone needs to be unhappy.

So, come on folks. When election time comes just vote for the greater of two evils. I mean the worst of two buffoons.

Seriously, Biden??? What a #ty candidate lmao.

Trump? Just disappointing really.

We can all say the economy is better, but now it's worse, or maybe it's still good. Depending on what "truth" you believe in.

We can talk about swamp draining, but what does it matter when politicians can be exposed and nothing happens.

We get investigates that never end, and by the time any of them would be found guilty of anything they"ll either be dead or allowed to stay in their multimillion dollar houses.

So, let's keep arguing amongst ourselves about our favored political side. We're all going down together anyways.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So,

I take it you want us to vote for Trump.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I take it you didn't read anything I posted, least of which where I said, "Now, I'm not really saying go out and vote for Trump or Biden. Hell, go out and write in Evilest of Evils for all I care."

edit on 2262020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
I could vote for Biden if Tulsi Gabbard was the VP.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

I take it you didn't read anything I posted, least of which where I said, "Now, I'm not really saying go out and vote for Trump or Biden. Hell, go out and write in Evilest of Evils for all I care."

Now that you mention it, I wonder how many write ins Clinton gets.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I say we all say "eff these pop star politicians" and start creating, inventing, and deploying the technology that solves a massive amount of cultural & societal issues at the root level. Its pretty much all 99% of the way there here and now. Lots of attention and implementation can cover the last bit rather quickly.

The normal issues with such a dramatic, quick paradigm shift are a temporary dip in the economy, damage to some industries, etc. But.. Well.. *looks around*

What purpose do these political soap operas have when we can put food on our tables, produce our own power, and manufacture most of what we need on demand, in real time, literally in our own homes? And when we can communicate directly to pretty much everyone, worldwide.. instantly?

Orrrr.. Cthulhu.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

They said we shocked the system when Hillary didn't win. They say that Trump was the people speaking, saying they were fed up with the system, and would vote for Mickey Mouse before Hillary.

Well, why don't the people speak again, louder, and really shake them up, and vote for neither. There will be independents running. Knock them speechless by electing one of the independents.

Just had to throw that out there. I know it will never happen because they have so many so conditioned, that it is too late to break the programming.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
#Enlightenedleadersonly

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Here's what I want.

An administration that dials back wasteful spending, including but not limited to the pointless wars. I want that administration to address our ballooning debt. I'd also like to see reform on the side of the current central banking system and how an autonomous private entity controls our currency.

I also want the admin to restore our rights that have been tread on by both sides of the aisle and every president in recent history. I also think we should start relinquishing the federal power structure both sides have been so giddy to have gotten.

I know that's a pipe dream, and I won't get anything I want because both sides are so willing to continue in this tit for tat.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've been saying for years that our situation is like this:

There are two cars that you can ride in, a blue one and a red on.

The blue car is heading toward a solid concrete wall in a straight line at 250mph.

The red car is heading toward the same wall, but it's only going 200mph, and it's taking a short detour on the way.

Which car do you want to go in?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

I was open minded about Tulsi... But she proved to be an establishment shill when she endorsed Biden. The simple fact the democratic party is so out of touch with what happened in 16' so much that they are doubling down with male Hillary is unforgivable IMO.

Biden is a "moderate" on the left. Only such that his platform appears to be some of the shi*iest parts of both sides. If we are to say he's a centrist of sorts, he's truly the most unpalatable form.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Nope..
Abrams tank from Georgia.

If the left votes her in then they will see real riots...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm not wasting gas to vote on who will take more.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Democrats only promise to give..

Healthcare
Living wage
Yada yada....

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

Oh! I read it all, I just,

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If you need to choose between the lesser of two evils,
do so at the very last moment.
another option may present it's self.
edit on 0000006054065America/Chicago22 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

I love how nobody mentioned Jo Jorgensen... Her ideals and history with politics are astonishing. maybe eventually people will realize it doesnt have to be just those two candidates.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I'd like Tulsi, if she'd just drop the who anti-2nd Amendment thing she's got going on.

a reply to: a325nt

Ya know, I've been curious about that too.

a reply to: Serdgiam

I pretty much agree.

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'd like to see that happen, but people feel the need to pick sides with one of the major parties. Until something drastic happens in this country I don't see a non-Democrat or non-Republican being elected. It doesn't help that the system is stacked against a third party candidate.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree with you.

a reply to: incoserv

That's an apt analogy. I'd go further and say that is the kind of binary thinking that gets us to where we find ourselves presently.

Many people, understandably, see the brick wall as an inevitability. Some say why prolong the inevitable, while some say let's put it off as long as possible.

I'd like to see more people say why even get in the car? Why not find a car that has a responsible driver? Better yet, why get in the car when I can drive myself?

But you see? That's the thing. We're getting taken for a ride, and the drivers are all going to jump out of the car at the last minute.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I was open minded about Tulsi... But she proved to be an establishment shill when she endorsed Biden. The simple fact the democratic party is so out of touch with what happened in 16' so much that they are doubling down with male Hillary is unforgivable IMO.

Biden is a "moderate" on the left. Only such that his platform appears to be some of the shi*iest parts of both sides. If we are to say he's a centrist of sorts, he's truly the most unpalatable form.

Also, this.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kingofyo1
a reply to: rom12345

I love how nobody mentioned Jo Jorgensen... Her ideals and history with politics are astonishing. maybe eventually people will realize it doesnt have to be just those two candidates.

Is a Jorgensen electable ?

would be great if 'none above' option on ballet papers legal meant that libertarianism was defaulted to.
They could always try do their song and dance again in 4 years.

The government agencies could set up go fund me accounts for their projects.
edit on 0000006060666America/Chicago22 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join