It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is far and away the best country on earth for black people

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian
When did I deny racism exists in the usa?

It just exists more in the other supposed first world nations that have denied people of color positions of power.

And Barak gets to deal with his crimes and the legacy of such.
HE will hold his peolle back because of his actions.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: okrian
When did I deny racism exists in the usa?

It just exists more in the other supposed first world nations that have denied people of color positions of power.

And Barak gets to deal with his crimes and the legacy of such.
HE will hold his peolle back because of his actions.

How do you not see that holding one guy’s bad record against everyone else of his race is racist?

We’ve had PLENTY of white dudes f*cking up that same position time and time again and they seem to get that seat just fine, but one black dude takes a crack at it and fails so all the rest should be held accountable?
edit on 22-6-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer
I am not.
Sadly the majority of Americans will.

And what Barak did is in no way "taking a crack at it".

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: jjkenobi
And how many black celebrities are in... Mexico? China? Japan? Norway? Denmark? Sweden? Argentina? USA has tens of thousands of them.

How many of those countries imported millions of them?
No more than 400,000 African slaves were brought to the United States if I recall correctly. All African Americans are descended from them (I *think*). British subjects, on the other hand, bought millions of slaves to work on their Caribbean possessions, where the mortality rate was very high. Working in a sugar cane field was tantamount to a death sentence in those days. Black prisoners in the early 20th century who worked the sugar cane fields at the old Imperial State Prison Farm in SE Texas usually didn’t live more than 10 years.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Seemed appropriate for this thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It’s ironic that the best places for most black people to live are white-majority nations. The exceptions might be relatively wealthy black Africans, though I suspect many of them also move to the First World. If you’re a poor sub-Saharan African, the First World is the place to be. Look at how Nigerians have flourished in America. I don’t think the East Asian First World nations admit many African immigrants, so their best bet is a white-majority nation. According to Pew Research, there were about 3.8 million foreign-born blacks living in America in 2013, mostly from the Caribbean. But only two years later there were 2.1 million sub-Saharan African immigrants here, and now it’s about 2.8 million. France probably has more black African immigrants than any other white-majority nation, perhaps 4.6 million. The UK, Italy and Spain each have more than 1 million, while Germany, Portugal and Belgium have between 500,000 and 800,000 each.
edit on 22-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
White people abolished slavery

Which means they’re racists

Get woke people

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

I know exactly what you are saying, you wish to dissolve the guilt you feel for the perpetration of slavery in the US committed in majority by whites by pointing out a minuscule group of Africans who also participated.

There were Jews who ratted on their own people to save their skin....does that make the holocaust ok?

You clearly don’t admire African Americans because you made a point of saying you admire native Americans.

I feel no guilt. Mainly because I have nothing to feel guilty about. Neither did this list of top 10 black slave owners in the US. There are many more. One has a statue in my hometown in a black cemetery. I get that you can't face reality that black people are not entirely innocent when it comes to slavery. Just admit you don't want to face that reality and want to remain in your own personal one..meh.

listverse.com...

edit on 22-6-2020 by FlyinHeadlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

It's 645,000 roughly with nearly all the others born here being born into slavery.

Now feel free to compare it to the other countries that the other poster mentioned.

edit on 23-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This thread is appalling. Good luck getting through, but I won't be holding my breath.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

It's kind of indicative of the level of POS that contributed to this site's issues.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agree 100 percent.

The taint of ATS

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

More like their own talking taints.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Can you please point to the last “lynching” you are referring to, I do believe you are being hyperbolic with your statements. Does the mob verbalized their violence was motivated by race? Misconstruing and assigning racial motivations to the terrible events that sometimes take place during police interactions as public lynchings does a disservice to all. The same terrible events happen to people of all races by the police... do all of them constitute lynchings as well? There’s no outrage across the nation or ATS threads about systematic police violence targeting other races, yet irrefutably it will occur. The easiest thing to do is dismiss and try and destroy when presented with things one doesn’t understand.

Deny ignorance.

a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

More like their own talking taints.

As if you don't have recipes for the taint....
Pfffft...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Seemed appropriate for this thread.

Well said. You may be the front runner for *POST OF THE YEAR*!

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 99problems99

Jamaica and The Bahamas would like to have a word with you about your OP

And money and fame do not equate to happiness otherwise when I ask you if your happy and you say yes, I then have to assume you are both rich and famous/have celebrity status

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: 99problems99

Im pointing out we actually fought a war for black rights .

Do you realize that a lot of black people also fought in those wars. And at the time those wars were fought, black people had to sit in the back of the bus.

Ummmmm....hmmmmm Has anyone else been so gracious as to inform at the time of the civil war (the war that is being spoken about concerning "a war for black rights") there were NO buses nor BACKSEATS on a bus, because there were NO BUSES.

Do you ever weep for our education system?

Dorian Soran
edit on 23-6-2020 by DorianSoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: strongfp

He wasn't whining. He was pointing out that it's still around and alive.

And he was pointing out....... from a position of privilege.

So he's not a allowed to represent or support his fellow man because he's been fortunate? Only those who are still suffering can speak. That is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
America still provides the most opportunity for anyone with ambition or talent to make good. Where else is freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly to protest and the right to self defense a core part of their legal system? Trial by a jury of your peers, no cruel or unusual punishment? Equal rights for all races and religions?

I'll be the first to admit corporations and banking have a stranglehold on our government and it has only gotten worse. If a revolution could free us of their rule and restore it to the people then I'm all for it. I dont know what banning monkeys from cereal or tearing down statues will accomplish. Everything has become a target of opportunity to express outrage. What we need to do is focus on the structural issues and corruption that plague our system. That may mean dirty cops, DA's, bloated bureaucracies with overpaid employees, groups like the NEA can be abolished for the benefit of all students. Fact is easily 50% of our federal government is either useless or counterproductive.

Sudden changes reap instability so a slow process of fundamental change is necessary and is long overdue. How about phasing out all preferential hiring based on race? Student loans and grade curving need to go if we want actual equality. Perhaps most importantly the welfare system needs to be changed to discourage young women from having children as a source of income. This has led to single parent households, lack of discipline and widespread criminality. It is proven that 2 parent households raise healthier, happier children which statistically is more common among white and asian populations though all races are suffering from increased rates of single parent households.

Many of today's issues stem from dissolution of traditional families and communities irrespective of race. Religion has lost it's place as our moral arbiter only to leave a void of morals and social cohesion. Healing the wounds can be accomplished and we can come together as a people, the people of the Unite States. It won't be easy and will take generations to achieve just as it's taken 60 years to tear it apart. Communism is being displayed in all it's ugliness for America to see and more and more the average American is ready to see it gone. It doesnt work, it isn't democratic and if you value freedom at all you don't want it. It may take a while to deprogram the last generations from their indoctrination to be 'world citizens' willing to give their lives to stop climate change and structural racism. Sanity can return but we must stop fighting each other and recognize the real enemies of the people.

sorry for the ramble.

Freedom of speech as long as it agrees with Trump you mean. Otherwise it is fake news and should be banned? And as for freedom to protest, that's except in front of a church that Trump was a photo op for? APARTfrom those things tho.. America provides the most opportunities...right.. I'm sure there are a few other countries who feel they do ok. Funnily enough, 99% of the problems talked about on this site are about America. Maybe that tells you something.

edit on 23-6-2020 by bluesilver because: no reason given

edit on 23-6-2020 by bluesilver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join